Glasgow Central station to Parkhead

duckandcover

Romanov Stole My Pension
Low level to Bridgeton I believe.

Yeah get the low level from Platform 14 (i'm pretty sure it is). Really regular service, takes 5 minutes and ?1.30 return I think.

Nelly Terraces
Get a taxi, there's no point arsing around the East End of Glasgow for the sake of ?6.

Exactly. Fast Black to the door, the only way to go.

However did we survive without the internet.

I tell you what we done, we turned up in places we didn't know and just winged it and played it by ear. It was very exciting going to Glasgow/Dundee/Aberdeen for the first time without yer old man and just yer mates in tow.

How do we get to Parkhead from here?

Tell you what we'll do, instead of asking any mingey weegies the way we'll just walk in the general direction and see what happens.

Much more exciting.

Cutting a dash as a teenager all over Scotland (and further afield) on buses and trains with no clue as to what would happen or where you were going.

Those were the days my friend.

In no way having a dig at the OP. It's a perfectly acceptable question to ask.

Nelly Terraces
However did we survive without the internet.

I tell you what we done, we turned up in places we didn't know and just winged it and played it by ear. It was very exciting going to Glasgow/Dundee/Aberdeen for the first time without yer old man and just yer mates in tow.

How do we get to Parkhead from here?

Tell you what we'll do, instead of asking any mingey weegies the way we'll just walk in the general direction and see what happens.

Much more exciting.

Cutting a dash as a teenager all over Scotland (and further afield) on buses and trains with no clue as to what would happen or where you were going.

Those were the days my friend.

In no way having a dig at the OP. It's a perfectly acceptable question to ask.

You shoulda been at Darkheid in the mid 80's for a cup tie when we rolled out of Queen St station 400 strong, clobbered up . We knew exactly what direction we were taking that day.

The way back was even better. Very 'lively' occassion, though the locals didn't seem that pleased to see us, especially the drinkers in Bairds Bar next to the barrowlands. Dunno why, as we gave the place an 'architectural redesign'.

Made the front page of the Sunday Mail the next day.

Happy days. You can't beat a misspent youth. :)

...Wipes tear from eye....

Does anyone know the best way to get from Glasgow Central to Parkhead, cheers

tilt your head back, deep breath, smell the air and follow the rank aroma.

Miller Jambo 60
You shoulda been at Darkheid in the mid 80's for a cup tie when we rolled out of Queen St station 400 strong, clobbered up . We knew exactly what direction we were taking that day.

The way back was even better. Very 'lively' occassion, though the locals didn't seem that pleased to see us, especially the drinkers in Bairds Bar next to the barrowlands. Dunno why, as we gave the place an 'architectural redesign'.

Made the front page of the Sunday Mail the next day.

Happy days. You can't beat a misspent youth. :)

...Wipes tear from eye....

Behave NT remember that.

Thought we were cool.

The singing was ace too.

We have grown up:)

Archived