Wages not paid......

Drylaw Hearts

Drylaw Hearts
This is a Hearts Forum not an MTZ Ripo one

Who cares about them ?

I don't care about them but I thought it was interesting to read that we aren't the only Pyramid team who have suffered salary problems.

I wonder if it's a blip/glitch in the Belarussian Banking System ?

siegementality
If Ripo aren't generating enough income to keep going that is their problem.

We aren't either.

Drylaw Hearts
If Ripo aren't generating enough income to keep going that is their problem.

We have a similar problem.

Csaba's Broon Shoes
I don't care about them but I thought it was interesting to read that we aren't the only Pyramid team who have suffered salary problems.

I wonder if it's a blip/glitch in the Belarussian Banking System ?

You could be right

however there is a pattern forming here

Whats next , FBK Kaunas players have not been paid either

A poster who purports to be from Lithuania posted the other day that some of the teams in A Lyga have seen players not paid for months.

Given that VR/UBIG/connected companies have 'influence' at 3 of the 8 teams in the A Lyga it would be interesting if any of those clubs are amongst those not paying the players.

It is also interesting that one of the groups Hleb identifies as not being paid at Ripo are those who provide medical/personal services to the players. That has been the case at Hearts this year too.

The "glass half full" types amongst us would prefer to focus on the facts that UBIG/Ukio appear to be doing rather well despite the current economic climate.

Kind of goes against the sensationalist line trotted out in the press (and on here)

siegementality
A poster who purports to be from Lithuania posted the other day that some of the teams in A Lyga have seen players not paid for months.

Given that VR/UBIG/connected companies have 'influence' at 3 of the 8 teams in the A Lyga it would be interesting if any of those clubs are amongst those not paying the players.

It is also interesting that one of the groups Hleb identifies as not being paid at Ripo are those who provide medical/personal services to the players. That has been the case at Hearts this year too.

Apparently it's normal practice not to pay medical staff wages for 6 months:xmascrazy:, all football clubs do it (well the ones owned by Romaov anyway!).

siegementality
The "glass half full" types amongst us would prefer to focus on the facts that UBIG/Ukio appear to be doing rather well despite the current economic climate.

Kind of goes against the sensationalist line trotted out in the press (and on here)

I'd be doing rather well too if I didn't pay my bills.

I doubt the Ripo staff will share your "half full" view. I cannot feed my family but UBIG are doing well !!! Hurraaaa!!!

Tiberius Stinkfinger

The quote about money is :

'What could be said about the medical personnel and people who are working for the team? They haven't seen money for half a year. It must be the influence of the financial crisis, but measures must be taken.'

Taken from a player who has had a major fall out with Vlad and is vocally trying to work his ticket out for bigger & greater things.

I will be taking this one with a pinch of salt.

Guest JamboRobbo

I will be taking this one with a pinch of salt.

Agreed. After all, it's not like it sounds very likely or ties in with any recent goings on......:xmasgrin:

Charlie-Brown

It would appear due to the financial crisis there isn't surplus money to subsidise football clubs anymore :( isn't it the case that kaunas & ripo are sponsored by ukio/ubig? The article says that is where those clubs get most of their money?

siegementality
It would appear due to the financial crisis there isn't surplus money to subsidise football clubs anymore :( isn't it the case that kaunas & ripo are sponsored by ukio/ubig? The article says that is where those clubs get most of their money?

UBIG have just announced a rise in profits and have received an award for the fastest growing company in Lithuania, where is their "financial crisis"?

Guest JamboRobbo
It would appear due to the financial crisis there isn't surplus money to subsidise football clubs anymore :(isn't it the case that kaunas & ripo are sponsored by ukio/ubig? The article says that is where those clubs get most of their money?

stop playing dumb Charlie....you know better than most the answer to that question, which makes me wonder why you're pretending to not know.......

Charlie-Brown

I couldnt say for definite who owns mtz or fbk but hearts are the only subsidiary on the ubig website, maybe romanov owns them privately or does anyone know who owns them?

siegementality
I couldnt say for definite who owns mtz or fbk but hearts are the only subsidiary on the ubig website, maybe romanov owns them privately or does anyone know who owns them?

Are you on your mobile?

i wonder if bitter and twisted fans of ripo's smaller and less successful near neighbours are obsessing about ripo's apparent financial troubles.

i can just imagine a bunch of belarussian hobos all flooding internet message boards with comments such as 'tickus tockus' and the like.

siegementality
i wonder if bitter and twisted fans of ripo's smaller and less successful near neighbours are obsessing about ripo's apparent financial troubles.

i can just imagine a bunch of belarussian hobos all flooding internet message boards with comments such as 'tickus tockus' and the like.

Have you never rejoiced in the mis-fortunes of the Hobo's? I know I have, it's part and parcel.

Have you never rejoiced in the mis-fortunes of the Hobo's? I know I have, it's part and parcel.

every day in life.

108 y.i.a.r. tick tock.

When you consider that for their last home league game of the season (which incidentally was to secure a Europa Cup position) they only managed a crowd of 500 - It's obvious that they are not bringing in much from gate receipts.

The admission prices at MTZ are hardly excessive either.

approx ?1.20 Adult and 30p Child.

So it would seem that it would need some major subsidies/sponsorship to make MTZ-RIPO viable and people in UBIG might be having a quiet word with VR about how wise it is to back what is essentially the tractor factory's work team which has no fan base.

Dagger Is Back

Does the ordinary Hearts fan really care about them? Probably not.

For me though the issue is a deeper one. Quite clearly the powers that be don't give a toss about fair and just treatment of their employees - they have a track record of late payment.

As far as other creditors are concerned, it may very well be Eastern European practice to pay extremely late and only then after legal steps have been taken, but this is the UK. I know there are many other business out there who have a shocking record in terms of payments, Edinburgh District Council are you watching?, but Vlads empire really takes the biscuit (excuse the pun!)

If someone doesn't pay me on time and they do this a couple of times then it's cheerio time. I don't have the time, energy or patience to chase some arsehole month after month.

For those of us out there defending the regime on their payment history, can I just ask - how would you feel if your monthly salary was late? Think about all the hassle that would cause you as an individual with bills due etc.

Now imagine how that impacts on a business with employees and their own bills to pay. I want my club to operate responsibly and morally not like a bunch of Trotters!

Does the ordinary Hearts fan really care about them? Probably not.

For me though the issue is a deeper one. Quite clearly the powers that be don't give a toss about fair and just treatment of their employees - they have a track record of late payment.

As far as other creditors are concerned, it may very well be Eastern European practice to pay extremely late and only then after legal steps have been taken, but this is the UK. I know there are many other business out there who have a shocking record in terms of payments, Edinburgh District Council are you watching?, but Vlads empire really takes the biscuit (excuse the pun!)

If someone doesn't pay me on time and they do this a couple of times then it's cheerio time. I don't have the time, energy or patience to chase some arsehole month after month.

For those of us out there defending the regime on their payment history, can I just ask - how would you feel if your monthly salary was late? Think about all the hassle that would cause you as an individual with bills due etc.

Now imagine how that impacts on a business with employees and their own bills to pay. I want my club to operate responsibly and morally not like a bunch of Trotters!

Post of the week (fact)

Archived