Rangers to sign an irishman?

Rawrrrrrrr

The point is Rankers are probably only signing him so they can say " Look we are not the bigoted ones" The whole OF crap makes me boke. If a player is good enough, should be the only reason for any team to sign him.

Seymour M Hersh
http://www.eleven-a-side.com/droghedautd/news.asp?n=35238

What a horrific article, how sad is it the fact rangers are possibly looking at a centre half, can give someone such an option to write about nationality/sectarianism.

Articles like that remind me just how fecking bigoted those 2 clubs and their support are :(

They did take Maybury for a while but let him go. He's a proddy right enough but from Dublin. Used to wear his hun training top walking aroud Dublin, got some stick I believe.

alwaysthereinspirit
The point is Rankers are probably only signing him so they can say " Look we are not the bigoted ones" The whole OF crap makes me boke. If a player is good enough, should be the only reason for any team to sign him.

Sounds like a match made in Rankgers centre half heaven.

Dumped by Dundee Utd and being sought after by football power houses like Ipswich and Hamilton Academicals.

Go on ye Gers. Sign him.

Guest S.U.S.S.

They are signing him for that reason why? because it fits your twisted view?

They have a number of Catholics in their team from far afield, why people search for stuff or make it up i just cant fathom.

Open your eyes, take a deep breath, not everything in the world is a sectarian conspiracy.

Maybe that is the only reason they are looking at him? But by all means keep up your twisted views.

Maybe that is the only reason they are looking at him? But by all means keep up your twisted views.

The reason I posted this was tongue in cheek and was in responce to the Celtic fans having a go at rangers, for the lack of southern Irish players. Sorry if you took this the wrong way.

chester copperpot

They have a number of Catholics in their team from far afield, why people search for stuff or make it up i just cant fathom.

Open your eyes, take a deep breath, not everything in the world is a sectarian conspiracy.

Ding ding, all aboard the Pro Rangers bus. ;)

You know as well as I do that they perceive a difference between irish and European/"mainstream" Catholicism.

Best tell the Rangers supporters that are planing the demo outside the BBC then!

You know as well as I do that they perceive a difference between irish and European/"mainstream" Catholicism.

Neil Lennon was shown around Ibrox when he was a youth but his old man did want him playing for Rangers.

Catholics from everywhere on the planet bar here and Ireland have no problem signing for Rangers.

It is not difficult to work out who really are the bigots.

Neil Lennon was shown around Ibrox when he was a youth but his old man did want him playing for Rangers.

Catholics from everywhere on the planet bar here and Ireland have no problem signing for Rangers.

It is not difficult to work out who really are the bigots.

Ah, the old "it's no oor fault, it's them" argument.

sorry, but to me the OF are different sides of the same coin, both as bad as each other.

your argument is irrelevant, imho.

alwaysthereinspirit

sorry, but to me the OF are different sides of the same coin, both as bad as each other.

I'm with Boris on this. I'm quite proud of the fact I hate them both equally.

ding dong all aboard the cant slag celtic incase we are seen as bigot bus.

Rangers have had lots of catholics since 1923, amuroso,porrini,arteta where should I stop.

In the interview the guy sounds like he's trying to take the moral high ground on something he doesnt really understand. Joke of an article to be fair, let the bigots raise the issue, no need to put it in print.

He told Newstalk?s Off the Ball show on Tuesday: ?Obviously, Rangers are a predominantly British club and Celtic are a predominantly Irish club, so people are going to say ?Why didn?t you go to Celtic??.

?I think Celtic have a monopoly on all the young lads in Ireland and they can come in and get the pick of it. Who?s to say Celtic should sign all Irish players and Rangers should sign all English or Protestant Scottish players? I don?t think that?s fair.?QUOTE]

What a dick the boy is. "Rangers should sign all English or Protestant Scottish players"? How many English players do they have on their books just now? And, far be it for me to defend Rangers, but they've had a fair amount of European Catholics play for them in recent years...not just Scottish proddies.

Say What Again

I look forward to posters who can't be named as they haven't yet posted on this thread (they can't be named, because the people on JKB are honourable and can't name them. Just as well them on JKB is honourable folk and does not report folk for things :bootyshake:) calling him Ghraham Ghartland and booing his every touch if this happens.

:xmaseye:

Mherry Xhmas (Billy) boys

marshallschunkychicken

Correct.

It's a pity that the sectarian issue is too valuable a point-scoring exercise for either side to have any serious intention to wipe it out.

ding dong all aboard the cant slag celtic incase we are seen as bigot bus.

Rangers have had lots of catholics since 1923, amuroso,porrini,arteta where should I stop.

The Irish sea apparently:xmasgrin:. Cannot understand why any Hearts fan would even want to defend either of the OF. Boris has it right - they are both horrid.

http://www.eleven-a-side.com/droghedautd/news.asp?n=35238

What a horrific article, how sad is it the fact rangers are possibly looking at a centre half, can give someone such an option to write about nationality/sectarianism.

Articles like that remind me just how fecking bigoted those 2 clubs and their support are :(

Why draw attention to it by posting it here? Who gives a **** about them and their bigoted pathetic ways? Just leave them to get on with it in their sad, pungent world.

Guest Dipped Flake

QUOTE=Rents;679518]ding dong all aboard the cant slag celtic incase we are seen as bigot bus.

Why 1923, don't you mean 187? or whenever they were formed. And how many can you name before Mojo???

QUOTE=Rents']ding dong all aboard the cant slag celtic incase we are seen as bigot bus.

Why 1923, don't you mean 187? or whenever they were formed. And how many can you name before Mojo???

John Spencer, as a youth player.

The Irish sea apparently:xmasgrin:. Cannot understand why any Hearts fan would even want to defend either of the OF. Boris has it right - they are both horrid.

I can't understand why poeple would want to start threads on either of the OF

Correct.

It's a pity that the sectarian issue is too valuable a point-scoring exercise for either side to have any serious intention to wipe it out.

I was thinking the very same not just point scoring it is money spinning for both.

There marketing teams must have nowt to do.

They both come out and say they want to stamp out bigotry

Then on the other hand they say that they must show pride in the Irish/british roots.

Therefore promoting bigotry why cant they both show pride in there scottish roots.

Guest S.U.S.S.

You know me well enough i have no time for that lot, just have less time from people who read far too much into ****e like that.:xmasgrin:

You know me well enough i have no time for that lot, just have less time from people who read far too much into ****e like that.:xmasgrin:

Strange, I've not got much time for those who jump down people's throats without knowing who they are or what " agenda" they are supposted to have.

jack D and coke
Pathetic article showing just how bigotted some people still are in Ireland.

I worked over there for a bit and i got stick for being a Jambo. They hate us too.

Miller Jambo 60

Why the hoops pic suss.

Makes me boke:)

Miller Jambo 60
I worked over there for a bit and i got stick for being a Jambo. They hate us too.

Quite believe that mate.

Sados the lot of them.

I've never had stick from anyone here for being a Hearts supporter, other than of the "mid-table mediocrity" kind. I've been abused a bit in NI, but that's a whole other country.

jack D and coke
I've never had stick from anyone here for being a Hearts supporter, other than of the "mid-table mediocrity" kind. I've been abused a bit in NI, but that's a whole other country.

What part of Dublin are you in? I stayed in Dun Leery( i know thats not the right spelling its dun leorghe or whatever) but i got stick more than once. Nothing really heavy but all the same when i said i was a Hearts supporter they basically tarnished me as a hun.

Mediocrity is under-rated imo. :cool_shades:

What part of Dublin are you in? I stayed in Dun Leery( i know thats not the right spelling its dun leorghe or whatever) but i got stick more than once. Nothing really heavy but all the same when i said i was a Hearts supporter they basically tarnished me as a hun.

D?n Laoghaire (used to be called Kingstown many years ago). I live not too far from there on the southside. TBH, most people here have no idea who anyone outside of the OF are. Sad but true. I have an English-born mate who is also a bluenose, and he does take quite a bit of stick over that - but a lot less now than a few years ago.

Archived