anyone ever buy anything from the online store?

Gregorski

....they're trying to charge me an extra five quid shipping charge to mail me a single scarf.

Has it always been this much? If so, how can they possibly be struggling for cash when they're charging that much? We should surely be rivaling Man City for wealth if this is the sort of tricks we're pulling....:xmassick:

Needless to say, they can keep their scarf. :xmaseye:

They do that when new tops come out. I'm sure the last time it was ?6 a pop. Don't know if it's maybe registered post.

I P Knightley

I have little option but to use the online shop.

The P&P's a joke. I'm sure I was asked to pay ?7.50 P&P a while back and for nothing more bulky than a kid's kit & spare socks.

They probably saw the London postcode and jumped to a crazy conclusion that I'm some kind of high-flyer.

The club needs the money more than you I would imagine.

True. There's that. But this has gone on for years.

Over-the-top P & P is a strong disincentive, which usually only catches out the uninitiated in internet shopping.

While Amazon and other reputable web shops are scrapping delivery charges and boosting sales, it would seem that the HMFC Shop reckons its web customers are mugs, or there's not enough business from the internet to make them give a snowdrop!!!

I have stopped even looking in the shop precisely because of the overcharging on postage.

It's ?5 p&p for everything.

I tried to order a keyring to see if the charges would be lower, but they wanted ?5 p&p for something that would cost ?1 at the most, absolutely ridiculous.

I'm kind of caught between a rock and a hard place though because it means that I have to either bite the bullet and pay the charge or pay five pounds for a return bus ticket to gorgie!! :xmaseye:

It's ?5 p&p for everything.

I tried to order a keyring to see if the charges would be lower, but they wanted ?5 p&p for something that would cost ?1 at the most, absolutely ridiculous.

Its no secret but i work for Hearts online store,we use parcelforce signed for delivery.it does not cost us ?1 to send out a keyring,i am not about to go into details about prices as there will always be somebody that it does not suit.we find this is the most reliable and fair service,most items are sent out the next day,busy periods(like xmas)may take longer.We are doing extremly well at the moment so we cant have it that wrong.we dont have the volume that amazon have and to compare us with them is wrong.all the profits from the shops and the internet go back into the playing staff.Peter.

Its no secret but i work for Hearts online store,we use parcelforce signed for delivery.it does not cost us ?1 to send out a keyring,i am not about to go into details about prices as there will always be somebody that it does not suit.we find this is the most reliable and fair service,most items are sent out the next day,busy periods(like xmas)may take longer.We are doing extremly well at the moment so we cant have it that wrong.we dont have the volume that amazon have and to compare us with them is wrong.all the profits from the shops and the internet go back into the playing staff.Peter.

You send everything next day special delivery? How about offering the customer a choice, Peter? Would you be happy pay ?5 to pay for delivery of a badge that cost ?1.50 like this?

Do you honestly think that is necessary?

And your comment I have highlighted is frankly quite galling. It is the customers who are passionate about Hearts that are purchasing items despite the costs, not because of them.

And finally, why are you mentioning profits when we are talking about postage costs? Are you saying you make a profit from postage? :xmaseye:

You send everything next day special delivery? How about offering the customer a choice, Peter? Would you be happy pay ?5 to pay for delivery of a badge that cost ?1.50 like this?

Do you honestly think that is necessary?

And your comment I have highlighted is frankly quite galling. It is the customers who are passionate about Hearts that are purchasing items despite the costs, not because of them.

And finally, why are you mentioning profits when we are talking about postage costs? Are you saying you make a profit from postage? :xmaseye:

Yes we send everything special delivery.no i didnt say we make a profit from postage,read my post again,it makes me angry coming on kickback because there is always someone who will twist your words,let me tell you there is no one more passionate than me about Hearts and our customers,having different options for delivery would change our operation to unworkable.no i wouldnt be happy paying ?5 for a ?1.50 badge but i have that choice before i order so i would add something else or not order,you take the worse senario,i would be happy to pay ?5 to get a padded jacket sent to london for example.i mentioned profits because i see it as a win/win situation because when Laraya Kingston stuck the winner in against Rangers i like to think his wages are coming from the customers who have ordered online and my part in making sure they get there orders.

....they're trying to charge me an extra five quid shipping charge to mail me a single scarf.

Has it always been this much? If so, how can they possibly be struggling for cash when they're charging that much? We should surely be rivaling Man City for wealth if this is the sort of tricks we're pulling....:xmassick:

Man up and learn to knit your own.

Yes we send everything special delivery.no i didnt say we make a profit from postage,read my post again,it makes me angry coming on kickback because there is always someone who will twist your words,let me tell you there is no one more passionate than me about Hearts and our customers,having different options for delivery would change our operation to unworkable.no i wouldnt be happy paying ?5 for a ?1.50 badge but i have that choice before i order so i would add something else or not order,you take the worse senario,i would be happy to pay ?5 to get a padded jacket sent to london for example.i mentioned profits because i see it as a win/win situation because when Laraya Kingston stuck the winner in against Rangers i like to think his wages are coming from the customers who have ordered online and my part in making sure they get there orders.

Well said Peter...you owe me a voddy now:)

Fair enough Peter, thanks for the honest answer. I wasn't trying to twist your words, I just thought it was strange to bring up profits and where they go to, in a thread about postage costs.

It would be nice for the option of postage though. I can't see how it would make your operation unworkable, when other places can manage just fine.

European Jambos Mum
Wanted a tie but wasnt going to pay the international postage...

Will wait till I am back next.

surely some kind hearted Jambo could post it out to you????:xmashappy:

Nelly Terraces

Was gonna get a mate a top, and some other stuff but saw the postal charges and thought stuff it. They must have kissed goodbye to about b60quid because of that. Pathetic marketing.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I was thinking of browsing but since I'm over in February I'll just pop in and save myself any charges.

I'll also pay cash!

Carl Weathers

There should definitely be a fairer postage system in place, based on how much you spend.

Example.

?5 and under, say ?1.50 p&p. ?5-?20 could be ?2.50 p&p and so on.

I also agree that there should be an option for next day and standard delivery.

It's clear that the online shop is losing customers because of this.

International charges are way too steep. I suggested in the past they check the different freight/courier companies rates for different types of package. As they are nt the same size as Amazon, surely they can afford to do this. There can't be that many o/s mailings per day.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

My ex bought me a top from the online store a couple of years ago

Numpties sent it out with the security tag still on it

Right hassle trying to get it off, tried a few shops in Nottingham where I lived at the time and I think they all thought I was a shop lifter. A firm applicatiom of Mr Hammer finally solved the problem.

I just paid ?18 for shipping for a shirt for a young one that cost ?10. should have got a mug to go with it. :sad:

International mail is taken to the post office and sent international signed for,it will tell you on the package how much it cost us to send it,we try and keep the cost as near to what it cost us,if you feel it was excessive email me at the shop and i will give you a refund.

We check all the receipts and they have been pretty much spot on.We have checked different companies and i think this is the best.

Sheriff Fatman
International charges are way too steep. I suggested in the past they check the different freight/courier companies rates for different types of package. As they are nt the same size as Amazon, surely they can afford to do this. There can't be that many o/s mailings per day.

It took Amazon many years of growing their business before they became profitable. The online Hearts shop will never get to the volume of sales that Amazon needed to be at before they became profitable, so they can not follow the Amazon business plan or charging plan.

Hearts will deal with one frieght/corier company because they will have made a deal with them based on volume, if they chop and change with other couriers they will end uppaying more and so will the customers.

International mail is taken to the post office and sent international signed for,it will tell you on the package how much it cost us to send it,we try and keep the cost as near to what it cost us,if you feel it was excessive email me at the shop and i will give you a refund.

We check all the receipts and they have been pretty much spot on.We have checked different companies and i think this is the best.

OK, I haven't ordered for quite a while, but previously you charged a set amount per item (international - Oceania). Have you changed this?

What you describe above does seem a fairer system.

Stewart.

I don't mind the postage charges. What I mind is the twice I ordered online it was a disaster. The first order was for about ?180.00 a couple of years ago and it took weeks to get here. The second a few months after was for a similar amount and it never arrived. After phoning to enquire after a couple of weeks I was informed that they could not trace it. Told them to forget it.

Granted both were a while ago but it has put me off ordering online, thus HMFC are being deprived of vital income.I do not think I will be alone in this respect.

real fans wouldn't fret about ?5 carriage. :D

Correct.

You are buying from the club shop because you want your money to go the club.

I'd rather pay for the registered delivery service anyway so that i know i'll definately get it!!!

I've also bought a few items from the club shop in the past and found the whole service to be very good on balance.

I'd never order just a scarf or a key ring tho...:xmaswoot:

John Boy Junior

most places charge something for postage and packaging now. ?5 isn\'t too much i suppose, but its a pain when you\'re buying something at that value or close to that value.

Its nothing when you compare it to the likes of Ticketmaster - ?3.25 to post an envelope. Not only that, but if you want to print the tickets yourself, it still costs ?3.25 to get the email sent!

I can understand where the online store is coming from, re parcelforce, but if it is losing them custom then it would probably be a good idea to revise their policy.

OK, I haven't ordered for quite a while, but previously you charged a set amount per item (international - Oceania). Have you changed this?

What you describe above does seem a fairer system.

Stewart.

We have changed it to what the goods weigh,for example,our most popular item a replica top weights 150g-200g and would cost ?12 to send world wide or ?9 europe, every item should have the weight beside it,up to 500g world is ?12,500g-1kg costs ?18, 1kg-1.5kg costs ?24,1.5-2kg costs ?30,2kg plus costs ?40,there is a guide to tell you this.hope this helps,Peter.

I don't mind the postage charges. What I mind is the twice I ordered online it was a disaster. The first order was for about ?180.00 a couple of years ago and it took weeks to get here. The second a few months after was for a similar amount and it never arrived. After phoning to enquire after a couple of weeks I was informed that they could not trace it. Told them to forget it.

Granted both were a while ago but it has put me off ordering online, thus HMFC are being deprived of vital income.I do not think I will be alone in this respect.

Yes you are correct but we have improved dramaticaly,even if i do say so my self,and have now reached an acceptable standard.

Guest JamboRobbo
Yes you are correct but we have improved dramaticaly,even if i do say so my self,and have now reached an acceptable standard.

Glad to hear it.

The sales assistant is always right eh.

By the way, judging by what some of your customers are saying on this very thread, you might not have reached as acceptable a standard as you think.

:xmaszip:

I'll never buy anything from the Hearts online store. They took 3 months to send my Uncle's 60'th birtdhay present to the wrong address. And that was after several phonecalls from myself asknig them why after weeks and weeks a parcekl hadn't made it's way from GGorgie to Oxgangs. It eventually turned up at the billing address.

I can't remember what the postage was at the time, but it wasn't insignificant.

Ive ordered loads of stuff from the online shop over the last few years , not once have I had any problems..

Infact I'd say they provide an excellent service. Keep up the good work Peter.

Ordered my wee lad the tracksuit. Came within 48 hours, I would say it is an excellent service if spending over ?20.00, otherwise don't waste your money.

Glad to hear it.

By the way, judging by what some of your customers are saying on this very thread, you might not have reached as acceptable a standard as you think.

What a couple of people have said on this thread may not represent the majority therefore it may well be that on the whole they have reached a decent standard.

I just realised that I ordered 2 other things to get the ?18 shipping, would have been ?12 for the ?10 shirt. Makes much more sense now. First time buying something online and in my opinion the club shop looks very professional. If the exchange rate keeps getting better I might be back shortly. :)

Glad to hear it.

No the customer is always right,that is why i offered Texy a refund but he was good enough to come back and say he got his first statement wrong,thank you for that,other posters have said they ordered years ago,i have just said the service has improved,i also said there will always be someone not happy.I post under my name and have a photo of myself in my artvar so to be open and not hide,if i can help anyone pm me or ask.Peter.

Peter, I hope you're not responsible for printing the names on peoples' jerseys!! ;)

Peter, I hope you're not responsible for printing the names on peoples' jerseys!! ;)

I knew but i had wrote that much i couldnt be bothered coming out and starting again,old age doesnt come itself, no i am not responsible for printing names on jerseys.:xmasgrin:

Archived