Sick of overpaid, overhyped, sensationalist Journo's

Greenbank2

I don't buy any newspapers because I do not want to contribute a brass farthing to the wages of those who rely on lazy speculation and sensationalism to fund their bloated expense accounts. However, via the other available media, I am subjected to the trash they convey which, wrong as it may be, contributes to the overall public perception of our beloved HMFC. And I'm sick of it. just so you know what I'm ranting about, let's look at ONE of todays offerings with my personal translation;

By Darren Johnstone in The Scotsman "Hearts make Arbroath wait for fee".

"Amid fevered speculation..." - I know jack ***** so I'll make it up.

"It is thought Hearts are relying..." I know jack ***** so I'll make it up.

"reports suggesting water suppliers...." I know jack ***** so I'll make it up.

"rumours that Romanov's Ukio Bankas...." I know jack ***** so I'll make it up

"The club's supporters are concerned...." hopefully the crap I've written above, without substantiating the facts will instill enough concern to justify this statement....

"Hearts director Sergejus Fedotovas was contacted yesterday but refused to comment on the supporters' concerns...." Nobody from the club will speak to me to substantiate my fabrications and it really ****es me off, so I'll get even more wild and excessive in an attempt to get them to comment. And justify this by a thinly veiled attempt to say that it is in the fans interests.

Now, I could go on, but you can go to any other rag and read the same crap. Day in, day out. So let me summarise. It is a FACT, something that you're unlikely to get in any of our national press, that their coverage of HMFC is based on SPECULATION, "THOUGHTS", RUMOUR, "CONCERN" etc etc. none of which is substantiated by the club.

Now, I'm not stupid, there are enough facts coming out of the club that point to all not being well with the financial situation. But a wise man once said to me, when it's good, it's never as really as good as it feels, and when it's bad, it's never as bad as it seems. Many wise men and women have told me "deal only in facts".

Now, if other clubs were to get the same treatment as HMFC from, rumour has it, these fat, selfish, alcoholic, parasitical exuses, for journalists, we would expect to see things like..

"amid speculation that Motherwell are, once again, about to go into liquidation, it has emerged that the reason for their undersoil heating failing to work last weekend, is their failure to pay the service contract on its maintenance"

"Fears are growing that Kilmarnock are about to call in the receivers after it was rumoured that the undersoil heating has been disconnected at Rugby Park after the club received final demands on their electricity account"

(apologies to anyone supporting either of these two clubs as I have as many facts supporting these invented statements as the Journo's writing about Hearts).

What I really worry about is the was that these non-stop persistent pieces of fiction breeds discontent in our support. Which brings me to my point. I think the call for a Support The Team day on the Dec 20th is a fantastic campaign. there's no excuse for Tynie not to be bursting at the seams. For those who are strapped for cash, get a hold of a season ticket holder friend and use their "friends for a fiver" voucher.

We're all suffering from hard times, particularly at this expensive time of year - our club included. But, deal only in facts, ignore the lazy sensationalist hacks, and if you can't, look at the words they use - they know no more than you or me. They simply have a platform to vent their bile. Don't buy their crap.

AND - SUPPORT THE TEAM ON DEC 20TH!

OP, very well said. the sheer ignorance and mischief of these whelps is staggering.

first up against the wall when the revolution comes.

Colonel Kurtz
OP,** very well said.*** the sheer ignorance and mischief of these whelps is staggering.first up against the wall when the revolution comes.
one of them ended up aginst a wall last Friday after a christmas night oot in GlasgowI heard he "met his Waterloo" or something like that

Exactly the reason that I have not bought a paper for 10 years. They see a story, know feck all facts about it, don't bother there erse to investigate then make stuff up. In some of these tabloids the factual part of the story is so obscured by speculation and utter claptrap that it's hard to tell where the facts end and the fiction begins. And therein lies the problem, people believe EVERYTHING they read. It was written in the ****** and the Evening Hobo so there must be some truth in it. Well yes, there IS some truth in it, how much depends entirely on the overactive imagination of the writer.

I would urge everybody to remember this thread every time you read a fluffed up, sensationalist story about Hearts and THINK...most of it is grossly exagerrated, so FFS calm down and don't rush straight to your computer to post it on here as though the sky is falling in.

A basic rule of thumb is to read the story PROPERLY, note how many sentences contain buzz words such as 'the ****** understands...', 'speculation was growing last night...' or 'it is thought that......' etc etc , ignore these bits and concentrate on the rest. All of a sudden a story which has us heading for oblivion becomes a rather mundane story about a missing sock.

Sensationalist it may be, however Hearts are insolvent at this time and the fact that we have numerous people/companies chasing us for money illustrates this. The quotes in the above story that you speak of only point out the lack of communication from the club on this issue. Clearly a lot of the story will be speculation when the club refuses to communicate with the fans on this issue. Those in the media are forced to back up factual stories with phrases like "rumour has it" because of the silence eminating from the powers that be at HMFC. In my opinion there is a lot of truth in the stories that have came out in the media regarding our financial woes, and the clubs silence only adds fuel to these stories. Going back over previous years, any situation where the club closes up shop on the fans and refuses to refute or confirm claims, normally means there is more than an element of truth in the story. Sensationalist or not, it seems like the media is onto something, and I am starting to worry how deep in the **** we actually are...

I hate journalists making up stories like us owing Arbroath money.

Hearts have pleaded with Second Division side Arbroath to wait until January for an overdue payment of ?15,000 that they owe as part of defender Andy Webster's transfer fee. (Daily Record)

:eek:

Charlie-Brown

Webster didnt 'transfer' tho hearts were compensated to the remaining value of his contract. That is why clubs are now ****ting themselves.

Wait for them to come out at the back of the Main Stand after the Utd game

and give them it tight.Or give them it tight from Section N again,just like

Andy Walker and Leckie get most games.

Caroline Court

Darren Johnstone, author of that Scotsman report, is a Hearts supporter, knows lots of other Hearts supporters and has good contacts within the club. I haven't a clue how much he gets paid and I reckon the original poster doesn't either.

Lots of the 'negative' stories about Hearts are not motivated by any desire to badmouth the club. But then, if you tell yourself the writer has an anti-Hearts agenda, it saves you from actually thinking about the argument.

Guest JamboRobbo
Darren Johnstone, author of that Scotsman report, is a Hearts supporter, knows lots of other Hearts supporters and has good contacts within the club. I haven't a clue how much he gets paid and I reckon the original poster doesn't either.

Lots of the 'negative' stories about Hearts are not motivated by any desire to badmouth the club. But then, if you tell yourself the writer has an anti-Hearts agenda, it saves you from actually thinking about the argument.

Nail, hit, head.

Caroline, I never said the author had an anti-hearts agenda, although I can see how that may be implied. I used his report today as an example of what annoys me most about the way reporting on our club is conducted across the whole journalistic landscape. My rant is at the way reporters casually mix a little fact with A LOT of opinion and spin the whole thing as fact. I do not know how much any journalist is paid, but IMHO, when working for what is commonly referred to a the "quality press" I assume that the said journo is at the top of his profession in this country. Again IMHO the practice of trying to spin opinion and innuendo (however accurate), as fact is shabby. That's what he's done. He's by no means the worst, but it doesn't make it right.

Now I don't expect journalists to be neutral on everything, but that's what editorials and opinion columns are for.

With respect to those who continually cry "the fans ought to be told" as soon as HMFC became a listed company, there are VERY strict rules about what and when AND TO WHOM financial information can be released. We may not like this, but that's a fact. It is nothing more than mischief making to say "we deserve more". You may as well shout at the regulatory bodies within the stockmarket to change their rules and generally accepted accounting practices.

And with respect to those who continually cry "I know!!!" I'm sorry but I think your mistaken. If you did know, the club would probably be in all sorts of breach of stockmarket rules.

Caroline, I never said the author had an anti-hearts agenda, although I can see how that may be implied. I used his report today as an example of what annoys me most about the way reporting on our club is conducted across the whole journalistic landscape. My rant is at the way reporters casually mix a little fact with A LOT of opinion and spin the whole thing as fact. I do not know how much any journalist is paid, but IMHO, when working for what is commonly referred to a the "quality press" I assume that the said journo is at the top of his profession in this country. Again IMHO the practice of trying to spin opinion and innuendo (however accurate), as fact is shabby. That's what he's done. He's by no means the worst, but it doesn't make it right.

Now I don't expect journalists to be neutral on everything, but that's what editorials and opinion columns are for.

With respect to those who continually cry "the fans ought to be told" as soon as HMFC became a listed company, there are VERY strict rules about what and when AND TO WHOM financial information can be released. We may not like this, but that's a fact. It is nothing more than mischief making to say "we deserve more". You may as well shout at the regulatory bodies within the stockmarket to change their rules and generally accepted accounting practices.

And with respect to those who continually cry "I know!!!" I'm sorry but I think your mistaken. If you did know, the club would probably be in all sorts of breach of stockmarket rules.[/quote

We are not talking about a full breakdown of the financial situation being put out for all to see. Maybe a simple explanation of the reasons we have not paid Arbroath despite having the money from Wigan a long time ago. Maybe an intimation that things are okay and we will pay our water bill in the near future. Maybe a statement saying that steps have been undertaken to make sure we pay our players on time or maybe even a statment saying that like a lot of other businesses we are struggling liquid asset wise in the current financial climate but measures are being put in place to preserve the long term future of the club. None of these in my opinion would breach any rules bearing in mind that Hearts were de-listed a while ago...

Seymour M Hersh
OP, very well said. the sheer ignorance and mischief of these whelps is staggering.

first up against the wall when the revolution comes.

Why wait for a revolution? They all deserve happy slapping if seen near Tynie.

sounds like it could be the old " i can slag of the hearts just as much as you boss " routine.........................

given the scotsmans hierarchy i'm sure he has just guaranteed himself another few years in the job.......................

the story was full of nothing apart from childish innuendo as far as i could make out, utter garbage,jambo or not i'm afraid..................

I hate journalists making up stories like us owing Arbroath money.

Especially when the original Fee was reduced from ?650k to ?150k and paid out two and a half years later. Come to think of it have HMFC been paid by Wigan !!!!!!

Konrad von Carstein
one of them ended up aginst a wall last Friday after a christmas night oot in GlasgowI heard he "met his Waterloo" or something like that

Please elaborate...i want to vicariously enjoy the delight of someone kicking the shight out of one of these *****...much like the famous Floyd :pray: belting Frank McGarvy at 5's...

Archived