Call Between HMFC and the FoHSC

WalterEgo

Can't see that this elsewhere and don't see that it is breaking any confidences...

Summary of a call between HMFC and a FoHSC rep:

I received a call from the Club today to help allay any fears we have over the current ?Financial state of HMFC? according to recent media articles.

Here is a brief summary of that call.

Whilst the Club is having to tighten its belt as are most businesses in the current financial climate, there is no need for any concerns over the future of Heart of Midlothian FC. HMFC continue to work with all their clients and meet agreement over bills etc. Despite some of the recent short term focused headlines, the Clubs long term strategy of moving towards profitability is very much on track. The evidence of this will be shown in the next set of financial results to be released by the club early next year.

There will be no Fire Sale of players in the upcoming transfer window. Any player leaving the club will only be allowed to do so if the deal is right for HMFC. No one will be let go on the cheap, which is one criticism you cannot point at Mr Romanov.

Csaba Laslo has not been told he cannot bring payers in during January. However he is aware and agreeable that we have to move on a certain amount of squad players.

I was also asked to pass on that at all levels, the Club is extremely grateful to all those supporters who continue to turn up in numbers at matches to support their team in what they know is a tough economic climate.

Please feel free to pass this onto your members.

Jam Tarts 1874
Can't see that this elsewhere and don't see that it is breaking any confidences...

I received a call from the Club today to help allay any fears we have over the current ?Financial state of HMFC? according to recent media articles.

Whilst the Club is having to tighten its belt as are most businesses in the current financial climate, there is no need for any concerns over the future of Heart of Midlothian FC. HMFC continue to work with all their clients and meet agreement over bills etc. Despite some of the recent short term focused headlines, the Clubs long term strategy of moving towards profitability is very much on track. The evidence of this will be shown in the next set of financial results to be released by the club early next year.

There will be no Fire Sale of players in the upcoming transfer window. Any player leaving the club will only be allowed to do so if the deal is right for HMFC. No one will be let go on the cheap, which is one criticism you cannot point at Mr Romanov.

Csaba Laslo has not been told he cannot bring payers in during January. However he is aware and agreeable that we have to move on a certain amount of squad players.

I was also asked to pass on that at all levels, the Club is extremely grateful to all those supporters who continue to turn up in numbers at matches to support their team in what they know is a tough economic climate.

Thanks for passing this on. However I fear that it will not deter those who want to indulge in speculation.

Sounds about right to me; but ?15k is not a lot of money.

Any player leaving the club will only be allowed to do so if the deal is right

Which suggests that there may well be deals already done?

Which suggests that there may well be deals already done?

It also suggests that any player that does leave will no doubt be because the deal was right for HMFC. :rolleyes:

I have no problem with players leaving but I wish the club would stop pretending we don't need the money.

Your last paragraph doesn't make commercial or common sense dazo, not at this moment in time.

Why does it not make common sense at this moment in time ?

It also suggests that any player that does leave will no doubt be because the deal was right for HMFC. :rolleyes:

I have no problem with players leaving but I wish the club would stop pretending we don't need the money.

if we come and say we are desperate, we will be taken to the cleaners in the January transfer window mate! I would rather we held our nerve and command a decent fee for any out going players :xmasgrin:

Everything is fine.

I knew it. :)

It's common sense that the club shouldnt make any comments that might be to their commercial detriment.

So everyone knows we need the money but because the club say otherwise buying clubs are going to fall for it ?

Another statement of sorts via a 3rd party and yet some still take this as being a sign everything is OK. Deluded *******.

Colonel Kurtz

I received a call from the Club today to help allay any fears we have over the current “Financial state of HMFC” according to recent media articles.

You missed the last para

l"The Christmas hampers of beetroot soup which we normally send out to our friends , will be delayed this year until January.We have promised to pay the suppliers then.

Unfortunately there will also be no trip to Lithuania for your nominated stooges,but we will send you a DVD of Vlad in Come Dancing"

Guest JamboRobbo
Thanks for passing this on. However I fear that it will not deter those who want to indulge in speculation.

Agreed. Now that we have these facts, there'll be no need to believe rumours posted on Kickback anymore. :xmaseye:

Your surely not suggesting hearts should just abandon all bargaining position?

Nope I am suggesting they stop pretending we don't need the money. I didn't suggest telling everyone we are skint.

Sometimes it is better to say nothing at all. :)

Another statement of sorts via a 3rd party and yet some still take this as being a sign everything is OK. Deluded *******.

Hope you're not referring to me China. I passed it on because it is a form of communication, which many have been bemoaning the lack of. I offer no personal opinion as to its veracity or its trustworthiness.

Colonel Kurtz
Hope you're not referring to me China. I passed it on because it is a form of communication, which many have been bemoaning the lack of. I offer no personal opinion as to its veracity or its trustworthiness.

Speedbump is China,that explains a lot

Exactly righht, no room for positivity here. Be interesting to see how the fiddle the financial reports into a sign everything is ok. :rolleyes:

:xmaseye:

Who has taken it as a sign that everything is ok?

I didn't say you did.

Speedbump is China,that explains a lot

Not guilty!

Exactly righht, no room for positivity here. Be interesting to see how the fiddle the financial reports into a sign everything is ok. :rolleyes:

:xmaseye:

How on earth can that be considered positive? It's yet more spin. Get the bills paid, pay the wages and make proper club statements. I would consider those 3 things to be positives.

Allister Campbell can't spin this well.

Who has taken it as a sign that everything is ok?

Yet some!!!! I said, somebody will fall for this piece of nonsense. I didn't state that somebody had:xmasunsure:

Hearts are working to a tight budget from month to month for the remainder of the season and they only really need to sell one player in Jan ,ie a Larry Kingston 3m .Its not even close to the bad the papers are making out but you will have to wait untill Jan to believe me

Hearts are working to a tight budget from month to month for the remainder of the season and they only really need to sell one player in Jan ,ie a Larry Kingston 3m .Its not even close to the bad the papers are making out but you will have to wait untill Jan to believe me

?3m are you crazy? I'll bite anyones hand off for ?2 million right now.

Yet some!!!! I said, somebody will fall for this piece of nonsense. I didn't state that somebody had:xmasunsure:

No. You said 'some still take this as being a sign everything is ok'

What you think you said was 'some will still take this.......

Guest Dipped Flake

Loads of posters have been asking for Hearts to say something about the current financial situation. They come out with this and get slated. I just can't get my head round so many Hearts fans seemingly wanting us to be in the mire.

Are we not on the verge of having the Hearts that everyone want i.e. an autonomous manager and a club which lives within its means?

No. You said 'some still take this as being a sign everything is ok'

What you think you said was 'some will still take this.......

I missed out a word, hanging offence????

?3m are you crazy? I'll bite anyones hand off for ?2 million right now.

Don't think 3M is crazy for a proven "internationalist"

boabyarsebiscuit
Are we not on the verge of having the Hearts that everyone want i.e. an autonomous manager and a club which lives within its means?

One without your boss, the mad fud?

Guest JamboRobbo
Loads of posters have been asking for Hearts to say something about the current financial situation. They come out with this and get slated.

When did they come out with this?

events during the transfer window will tell us all we need to know about the alleged highly serious situation. if bids come in and they don't meet valuations but are accepted anyway then that's bad news. if bids come in and are knocked back in order to secure proper value for certain players then that's better news.

the trouble is that it's going to be hard to know whether bids are being made because of the ridiculous amount of speculation that goes on about transfers.

if and when players are sold, we will have a much better idea of how things look. it's disappointing to see that there will be no new faces but the team have managed so far and will just have to see the season through as they are.

if a player is sold..... one thing which should really happen is for the money to remain in hearts accounts to be used as working capital, not shipped off to ubig and fed back as monthly pocket money. having a slush fund of proper working capital to pay the players and the bills would go some way to the club being run properly.... not that we'll ever find out whether it's happening or not.

I missed out a word, hanging offence????

No but you answered my question with a smart ar*e four exclamation mark reply when my question was valid. How the **** did I know you'd missed out a word?

If you really did miss it out:xmasgrin:

So it's not delusion to believe everything in the gutter press? Most doom and gloomers on here are doing just that.

This appears to have some element of truth and appears to come from a club source unlike all the rumour and speculation most on here have latched onto.

One without your boss, the mad fud?

VR is hardly my boss, I am simply a fan who believes things arent as terminal as others such as yourself are making out.

Since January 2008, Hearts seem to have been run in a much more sensible fashion, the appointment of Csaba Laszlo was inspired (or lucky given the MM debacle) and it would seem that the January transfers are the next step on the road to recovery.

VR has made some horrendous mistakes in his time at Tynie, Burley, Malofeev, the Riccarton 3, the fax machine but there have also been positives, Scottish Cup, Champions League etc.

The important thing is that HMFC are now moving towards a structure which will allow the club to progress.

Are you really so blinded by your hatred to VR that you would rather see the club die, than allow VR to learn from and atone for his errors?

VR is hardly my boss, I am simply a fan who believes things arent as terminal as others such as yourself are making out.

Since January 2008, Hearts seem to have been run in a much more sensible fashion, the appointment of Csaba Laszlo was inspired (or lucky given the MM debacle) and it would seem that the January transfers are the next step on the road to recovery.

VR has made some horrendous mistakes in his time at Tynie, Burley, Malofeev, the Riccarton 3, the fax machine but their have also been positives, Scottish Cup, Champions League etc.

The important thing is that HMFC are now moving towards a structure which will allow the club to progress.

Are you really so blinded by your hatred to VR that you would rather see the club die, than allow VR to learn from and atone for his errors?[/QUOTE]

i get the impression that some are exactly like that. unable to move on, unable to set aside mistakes of the past, unable to form opinions on an issue-by-issue basis. it just depends on the logic and mentality of the individual person in the end.

We can't afford to pay a measly 15k to Arbroath, I would say we are working on more than just a tight budget.

So everything will be ok when we sell Larry. What happened to the Craig Gordon cash ? What were the myserious unexplained payments in the clubs accounts ?

The global economic situation still hasn't bottomed out so who knows what the New Year will bring. To think our problems will be solved by selling one player is a tad optomistic.

So it's not delusion to believe everything in the gutter press? Most doom and gloomers on here are doing just that.

This appears to have some element of truth and appears to come from a club source unlike all the rumour and speculation most on here have latched onto.

The gutter press? I don't believe everything I read in the broadsheets either. A wait and see policy is best but there are some on here ho latch onto anything to justify their views on both sides of the OK/doom coin.

boabyarsebiscuit

VR has made some horrendous mistakes in his time at Tynie, Burley, Malofeev, the Riccarton 3, the fax machine but there have also been positives, Scottish Cup, Champions League etc.

Are you really so blinded by your hatred to VR that you would rather see the club die, than allow VR to learn from and atone for his errors?

No I'm not.

Next question please, Mr Romanov PR person.

We can't afford to pay a measly 15k to Arbroath, I would say we are working on more than just a tight budget.

So everything will be ok when we sell Larry. What happened to the Craig Gordon cash ? What were the myserious unexplained payments in the clubs accounts ?

The global economic situation still hasn't bottomed out so who knows what the New Year will bring. To think our problems will be solved by selling one player is a tad optomistic.

To be fair the answers to some of your questions, should be answered when the figures from the appropriate seasons are produced.

The CG cash will be in reports posted around Feb I believe.

The gutter press? I don't believe everything I read in the broadsheets either. A wait and see policy is best but there are some on here ho latch onto anything to justify their views on both sides of the OK/doom coin.

I was makeing a generalisation as you did with your post. Glad to see you do not believe everything you read, and a wait and see policy is what I have been argueing for since these rumours started.

Take everything with a pinch of salt is what I have been saying and this report must be the same. However IF the doom and gloomers can jump on every bad story, why can't some jump on the good ones?

I was really getting at where the money has gone that we would rather have a PR disaster than pay A 15K bill. The money might appear in the accounts but it does not appear to be in the bank.

At the very least you have to have serious concerns about the management of the club. Where has the money gone ?

boabyarsebiscuit
I was makeing a generalisation as you did with your post. Glad to see you do not believe everything you read, and a wait and see policy is what I have been argueing for since these rumours started.

Take everything with a pinch of salt is what I have been saying and this report must be the same. However IF the doom and gloomers can jump on every bad story, why can't some jump on the good ones?

I agree.

If there are no desperate financial problems at the club, this is good news.

The thing is, there are various viewpoints regarding the situation at the club.

Some say the wages issues point toward severe financial problems.

Some say that but go further and fear administration/liquidation.

Some say that the wages issues were purely bank administration issues and we as a club are doing fine.

Some suggest that the OP is purely the club being disingenuous about our current situation.

The truth is that nobody outwith the upper echelons of the club know which of the above is closest to the truth and this will only become clear in January with player sales galore or few player sales. Time will tell folks.

The thing is, there are various viewpoints regarding the situation at the club.

Some say the wages issues point toward severe financial problems.

Some say that but go further and fear administration/liquidation.

Some say that the wages issues were purely bank administration issues and we as a club are doing fine.

Some suggest that the OP is purely the club being disingenuous about our current situation.

The truth is that nobody outwith the upper echelons of the club know which of the above is closest to the truth and this will only become clear in January with player sales galore or few player sales. Time will tell folks.

Strange, but I got dogs abuse from you for saying exactly the same thing. What a difference a day makes. People should try to stay calm and not jump on the doom and gloom bandwagon whenever the press push thier buttons.

Good to see the FHSC passing on information they have received.

They used to be so careful about informing their own members first. I wonder when they changed that stance. :rolleyes:

This is the bit I can't quite understand. Any company with financial problems has to try and keep those problems under wraps as much as possible, which means oiling squeaky wheels, or potentially squeaky wheels, before any others. It was obvious that the Arbroath payment would be pig-feed for the media so it should have been a priority to pay it, especially as the sum is so small. The only thing that I can think of is that Vlad has indeed given us autonomy and that all other spending is ring-fenced. We simply have no money at all to spend on anything apart from the basics. And that is quite worrying I have to admit.

Strange, but I got dogs abuse from you for saying exactly the same thing. What a difference a day makes. People should try to stay calm and not jump on the doom and gloom bandwagon whenever the press push thier buttons.

No you didn't. Maybe you could show me where I gave you "dogs abuse", or where you said exactly the same thing.

Thanks.

Archived