Champions League Officials

Shaggy2

What a pair of homers at Parkhead (linesman) and Old Trafford last night. I've only just seen the highlights on SSN but what the hell was the Villareal forward sent off for?

Question is rhetorical btw. I know its cos he "swung" an arm (no harder than my 85 year old Grannie could) but then why didn't they punish Caldwell for battering into the back of him when the ball was 50 yards away? Where was the justification for kneeing the guy up the arse??? If either are red cards then every time players jostle in the box before a corner at least two would be sent off every time.

Also at the Theatre of Cheats, how come Rooney escaped punishment THREE times before going on to net the equaliser? He should have walked for the stamp, arguably should have walked for the attempted straight leg and to a lesser extent the petulant kick out.

Hopefully UEFA will rescind the Villareal red card and hammer Rooney with everything they have. Sadly I suspect it'll be swept under the carpet to protect the incompetent officials.

Reason for rant re Celtic: I had a double on Villareal (who, despite trailing were controlling the game) and Real Madrid!!!

Reason for rant re ManU: Just cos I canny stand them!

Archived