sellik results vs hobos / villarreal... impact on hearts game

Victorian

after the hobo hoof machine managed to beat sellik, i was kinda disheartened a bit thinking it might have a negative impact on our chances for saturday... backlash, wounded animal scenario and all that. i thought they might now be even more determined given that they have let rangers back into the title race, and can't really afford another defeat so soon.

perhaps even worse now that they have had a confidence booster tonight.

there's always the slight chance they will be a bit 'jaded' after a midweek game.

chances increased or decreased off the back of these results?

discuss.... or not.... it's optional.

No real difference in my eyes mate. They might be jaded slightly but they have been playing a lot of games recently.

I imagine tonights game wont have much bearing on them, as it was a nothing game really as they were already out of Europe. I would say our chances aren't any different due to tonight.

No real difference in my eyes mate. They might be jaded slightly but they have been playing a lot of games recently.

can only really see their disgrace at fester road being a negative for us.

on the plus side, there's no better time for us to play an OF side when our last game was a win against the other lot. plus the 5 game run of course. hearts should be bursting with confidence.

should being the operative word. the full force treatment in the meeja, and what we are still to be hit with is, as ever, designed to sap any confidence that may be there.

siege mentality is called for at hearts. i just hope there are a few canny guys there who can foster it.

Miller Jambo 60
can only really see their disgrace at fester road being a negative for us.

on the plus side, there's no better time for us to play an OF side when our last game was a win against the other lot. plus the 5 game run of course. hearts should be bursting with confidence.

should being the operative word. the full force treatment in the meeja, and what we are still to be hit with is, as ever, designed to sap any confidence that may be there.

siege mentality is called for at hearts. i just hope there are a few canny guys there who can foster it.

we will still get cheated

Seymour M Hersh

No idea tbh. Their win last night will let them feel good for 12/24 hours but bottom line and in the cold light of dawn etc etc they are out of all European competitions so that might hit home Friday sending them all into mass suicide mode! As for their result against the vermin well they'll know that was a one off.

Imo it's up to us to put in the same type of performance against them as we did against der hun. In their faces, no respect, high tempo football.:xmasunsure:

The ref on Saturday won't be jaded, and will have been briefed.

Exactly how I see it - Celtic under any pressure - cue the perverse decisions in their favour.

We have won 5 on the trot and Celtic had just lost to hibs but this Villarreal result serves as a reminder to the players that they should not be over-confident going into this game and it should keep the players focused on the objective, which is to win the game.

Archived