How to frustrate the Parkhead crowd: Celtic 2 Hearts 2 Nov 30th 1996

Buffalo Bill

Remember this game?

http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/games/19961130.html

I think Di Canio scored a pen and then got sent off for having a go at Fulton. Why did Di Canio do that?

Because he was a posing, pretend hardman tosser, that's why; and a frustrated one at that.

We didn't win the game, but we caused Celtic a lot of damage in the league as well as knocking them out of the Coca Cola Cup.

I was there that day, and I seem to remember Hearts bossing big chunks of the match. When we do that, the home fans get very uncomfortable and begin turning on the team; which is the key to this weekend's game (and the point of the thread!). I was gutted to have missed the 2-0 game from Apr 05, when we did the same, only with a better result. Likewise, we did it again last season, and the season before that.

To get something from Darkheid, we need to fight and scratch: but only when they have the ball.

When we have it, we need to keep our heads, and keep possesion.

Like Fulton and Cameron did, or McFarlane and Kizys.

Frustrate the home crowd, and they'll be our 12th man.

They're the greatest fans in the world, by the way...

Buffalo Bill

rudi must stay
Remember this game?

I think Di Canio scored a pen and then got sent off for having a go at Fulton. Why did Di Canio do that?

Because he was a posing, pretend hardman tosser, that's why; and a frustrated one at that.

We didn't win the game, but we caused Celtic a lot of damage in the league as well as knocking them out of the Coca Cola Cup.

I was there that day, and I seem to remember Hearts bossing big chunks of the match. When we do that, the home fans get very uncomfortable and begin turning on the team; which is the key to this weekend's game (and the point of the thread!). I was gutted to have missed the 2-0 game from Apr 05, when we did the same, only with a better result. Likewise, we did it again last season, and the season before that.

To get something from Darkheid, we need to fight and scratch: but only when they have the ball.

Buffalo Bill

well said. We also need to hope that their strikers have an off day because Celtic always make chances

I rmember a 2-2 draw at Tynecastle in I think the 96/97 season. Celtic went 2-0 up Mickey scored straight from the kick off. Then Donkey Dave scored a last minute equaliser. Tic fans stopped mid flow in the Fields of Affenrey - the 50% of Hearts fans still in the ground go ballistic singing - you're gonna win **** all. Di Canio who had been giving it large to the wHEATFIELD PUNCHING THE TURF.

There has been a few good occasions against smeltic over the years, i was at the 2-0 win at Parkhead in april 2005 when miller and burchill scored, got free tickets too from a mate of graham weir. was a great day out.

as the OP said if we keep the ball and get stuck in when they have the ball it will be a close game. They are there to be beaten especially of the back of a champions league game.

They are there to be beaten especially of the back of a champions league game.

Good thread this one...nice to be talking about football again!...just to say though, the Champions League doesn't really seem to affect Celtic. Their record in matches immediately after a Champions League is very impressive.

Jeezo .............was it 12 years ago :xmaseye:

I was at that game and surprisingly it was my first trip to Darkheid.

We played well IIRC and I was a bit disappointed to come away with a draw ( yikes.........changed days ! )

JJs rebuilding was beginning to take shape then of course so the 'usual' damage limitation had been replaced with a bit confident swagger !!

Remember this game?

Buffalo Bill

Great point BB. Laszlo needs to teach the players how to turn 60,000 (official attendance, aye right) fans who hate us to our advantage. Anyone who has been to Tynecastle in recent seasons has seen how opposing teams have been able to turn our sell-out support against us. The problem is it's harder to get that message through to the players when playing at Darkheid or Castle Grey-Skull because of the history involved.

**** the history. Play the game for what it is, 90 minutes of football when stifling the opposition for the first 30 minutes can give you an upperhand that could last the remainder of the game.

Not sing Rangers songs for a start.. see that *****... embdy dis that near me and they'll be in big trouble. We're Hearts no "wee huns"

I rmember a 2-2 draw at Tynecastle in I think the 96/97 season. Celtic went 2-0 up Mickey scored straight from the kick off. Then Donkey Dave scored a last minute equaliser. Tic fans stopped mid flow in the Fields of Affenrey - the 50% of Hearts fans still in the ground go ballistic singing - you're gonna win **** all. Di Canio who had been giving it large to the wHEATFIELD PUNCHING THE TURF.

That was a great game, thanks for reminding me. That ugly git Van Hoojidont scored twice If I remember correctly, Camerons goal was a peach right In aff the post.

Miller Jambo 60
That was a great game, thanks for reminding me. That ugly git Van Hoojidont scored twice If I remember correctly, Camerons goal was a peach right In aff the post.

Good points made by BB.

The longer the game goes on without Celtic scoring, will have their fans sweating.

we have a good defence and are capable of keeping them out.

A couple of goals from us will be a bonus:xmasgrin:

Dougie.

Remember this game?

Buffalo Bill

First thing I notice about that team was how old it was - 6 players over 29 in the starting XI

We will beat Celtic as we are much better than them in midfield

Not sing Rangers songs for a start.. see that *****... embdy dis that near me and they'll be in big trouble. We're Hearts no "wee huns"

great post... will you help hold up my hearts union flag though... if your near me likes :xmascrazy:

Makween is shaking in Makween's shoes at this. Please don't hurt Makween, big man.

AYRSHIRE JAMBO

Is it OK if i take my union flag? Would hate to upset those cuddly, lovable tims.:xmastongue:

Makween is shaking in Makween's shoes at this. Please don't hurt Makween, big man.

MODS: can you please create a new rule stopping people from referring to themselves in the third person. Even if it means taking it to a poll because Matty finds it very frustrating and Matty wants something done about it.

First game at parkhead was when we won 2-0 a few seasons ago, totally unexpected with Miller And Burchill i think it was who scored. Had a migrane at the time and wasnt sure whether to laugh or cry...what a day

Say What Again

Jack thinks, that Jack should support the Hearts on Saturday and maybe not sing songs that JKB folk may think is Jack singing 'Rangers' songs.

Jack thinks Jack better not sing anything 'Cheltic' minded songs or Jack will become Jhack on kickback.

J(h)ack has a dliema.

J(h)ack thought he could be a Hearts fan.

J(h)ack thinks J(h)ack could be wrong about supporting H(h)earts. H(h)e thought H(H)earts was not about t(h)hese t(h)hings.

Anyone else bored of this?

Miller Jambo 60
Jack thinks, that Jack should support the Hearts on Saturday and maybe not sing songs that JKB folk may think is Jack singing 'Rangers' songs.

Jack thinks Jack better not sing anything 'Cheltic' minded songs or Jack will become Jhack on kickback.

J(h)ack has a dliema.

J(h)ack thinks J(h)ack could be wrong about supporting H(h)earts. H(h)e thought H(H)earts was not about t(h)hese t(h)hings.

Not going Jack why , i might get lifted

Trying to get a job , last thing i need mate,

Horrible place ,will wait for the UTD game.

Cheers bud Dougstar

Miller Jambo 60
Is it OK if i take my union flag? Would hate to upset those cuddly, lovable tims.:xmastongue:

Had my Ulster flag over the barnton.

To welcome the Celtic fans going home on Sunday.

MODS: can you please create a new rule stopping people from referring to themselves in the third person. Even if it means taking it to a poll because Matty finds it very frustrating and Matty wants something done about it.

Makween thinks that Matty should lighten up.

J(h)ack has a dliema.

Makween would like to point out that most songs which get called "Rangers songs" on Kickback are every bit as much Hearts songs.

Archived