john cumming

gghfishman

probably been asked already ,does anyone know if there will be a minutes applause on saturday,certainly should be as this guy was a true hearts legend

My preference would be to wait until we are at home and show our respects in an appropriate and proper manner with a 1 min silence.

This would also allow many more Hearts fans, to whom John Cumming meant so much to show their appreciation.

My preference would be to wait until we are at home and show our respects in an appropriate and proper manner with a 1 min silence.

This would also allow many more Hearts fans, to whom John Cumming meant so much to show their appreciation.

agreed!!!!

Agreed

Agreed.

probably been asked already ,does anyone know if there will be a minutes applause on saturday,certainly should be as this guy was a true hearts legend

do you really think there's any chance of the professional mourners giving a toss about someone who can't be tenuously linked to the "greatest club in the world".

We're lucky it isn't one of their "greats" that passed away or they'd have been asking for the whole league to shut down for it!

Agreed , it would also save celtic football club embarassing themselves as we all know they are incapable of respecting anybody.

Suspect Device

Agreed, this would be the most fitting tribute to a genuine Hearts legend

There will be nothing on saturday cause those dirty bassas don't give a flying feck about anyting other than their own blinkered sectarian tinpot irish views that they foist upon people and claim it to be their cultural heritage:vangry:

I'd prefer to wait until next week at home Vs Dundee Utd.

There will be nothing on saturday cause those dirty bassas don't give a flying feck about anyting other than their own blinkered sectarian tinpot irish views that they foist upon people and claim it to be their cultural heritage:vangry:

I'd prefer to wait until next week at home Vs Dundee Utd.

Let's not turn what is sad news into some sort of political point scoring against Celtic, eh? The proper thing to do, as you and others have pointed out, is wait until we're playing at Tynie to show our respects. End of story.

One minutes silence at Tynecastle will suffice ... thank you very much ...

Just an observation here but ... it seems clear that everyone has just accepted that the great unwashed from Glasgows east end will not observe the decent and respectfull thing of a minutes silence for a footballing great, it really is a great pity that this lack of respect has gone from the game ...

Agreed a minutes silence at Tynie is the best mark of respect in my opinion, plus the players could wear black arm bands on Saturday at Celtic Park as a tribute.

Let's not turn what is sad news into some sort of political point scoring against Celtic, eh? The proper thing to do, as you and others have pointed out, is wait until we're playing at Tynie to show our respects. End of story.

True but I couldn't help myself:xmasoh:

agreed, but tell me why are the rest of Scottish Football fans expected to have a minutes silence when any "Old Firm" personality passes on ,the ones that stuck in the throat were JIm Baxter and Bobby Murdoch, two guys who drunk themseleves to death, yet when Tommy Walker a true great and gentlemen died in 1993 it was virtually ignored by the rest of Scottish Football except for us at Tynecastle when we had a minutes silence on a January night of torrential rain.

Tommy Walker Willie Bauld or Gordon Smith were never ever given the respect that they deserved by those in the heirarchy of Scottish football , yet we are expected show mass greiving whenever some Old Firm non-entity passes on, if some people are uncomfortable with this , too bad its just another sign that this countries obsession with the bigot brothers and it really sticks in my throat.

agreed, but tell me why are the rest of Scottish Football fans expected to have a minutes silence when any "Old Firm" personality passes on ,the ones that stuck in the throat were JIm Baxter and Bobby Murdoch, two guys who drunk themseleves to death, yet when Tommy Walker a true great and gentlemen died in 1993 it was virtually ignored by the rest of Scottish Football except for us at Tynecastle when we had a minutes silence on a January night of torrential rain.

Tommy Walker Willie Bauld or Gordon Smith were never ever given the respect that they deserved by those in the heirarchy of Scottish football , yet we are expected show mass greiving whenever some Old Firm non-entity passes on, if some people are uncomfortable with this , too bad its just another sign that this countries obsession with the bigot brothers and it really sticks in my throat.

Fair enough, and you are right of course, but in the end who cares what the rest of Scottish football thinks? We honour and respect our own, those who have helped the Hearts cause, and that is all that counts. We will always remember.

Fair enough, and you are right of course, but in the end who cares what the rest of Scottish football thinks? We honour and respect our own, those who have helped the Hearts cause, and that is all that counts. We will always remember.

Amen RJ

you put it better than i ever could...:xmaseye:

Teuchterjambo

Agree that the sensible thing to do would be to wait till our next home game where we will be afforded the opportunity to show our respect with a minutes silence and I am sure Dundee Utd fans would respect that.

Having showed our respect with the silence I personally think that it would be good to break into applause at the end of it to show our appreciation for the great man. Maybe 45 seconds silence followed by 30 seconds applause.

Maybe a bit different but surely a man of his stature desrves something a bit different .

Craig Herbertson

It' all coming back to me. The dignified figure coming out with the sponge. I read it on the proramme years ago when I was a nipper but it didn't sink home that he was that John Cummings. I remember him coming on and even as an old chap he had a certain presence. I'd say remember him at Tyncastle. I'm sure that's what he would have gone for

Miller Jambo 60

I dont think his familly would want a silence a parkhead.

common sense

agreed

Agreed , it would also save celtic football club embarassing themselves as we all know they are incapable of respecting anybody.

You kidding? Those ******* love a mawkish remembrance so much I'd be surprised if they didn't hijack the whole thing and turn it into 'Celtic Remembers John Cumming - A respected former opponent'.

Predictable but sad that people would use John Cumming's death to score a few points about what they think Celtic would or would not do.

Keep this thread about John Cumming and Hearts please.

And if anyone important from HMFC is reading the board, I hope they've noticed that we'd like a proper silence for this great sportsman. And maybe someone like Dave McKay on the pitch to say a few words beforehand.

Predictable but sad that people would use John Cumming's death to score a few points about what they think Celtic would or would not do.

Keep this thread about John Cumming and Hearts please.

And if anyone important from HMFC is reading the board, I hope they've noticed that we'd like a proper silence for this great sportsman. And maybe someone like Dave McKay on the pitch to say a few words beforehand.

Score points? Please state what that throwaway line means.

We are playing Celtic in the first game after John died, therefore it is important to discuss what the reaction from the opposite set of fans would be. If we don't feel that Celtic will respect a minutes silence then we should wait until the week after against Dundee United.

Personally I like the idea of having what starts as a minutes silence then turns into a minutes applause - think that would be a nice touch.

Agreed a minutes silence at Tynie is the best mark of respect in my opinion, plus the players could wear black arm bands on Saturday at Celtic Park as a tribute.

My very thoughts. Let's wait until the Utd game, and bring John Cumming *home* to rest...

Lynn

Guest S.U.S.S.
See PM

Why PM him?

If you need to explain your post should you not do it for all? or at least edit it to show what you mean?

My very thoughts. Let's wait until the Utd game, and bring John Cumming *home* to rest...

Lynn

Well said Lynn. Lets respect a Hearts man at Hearts.

I attended his funeral service today.

The church in Carluke was full, with a good representation of Hearts connections, as well as a large extended family and many local friends. An extraordinary man.

RIP.

Please Hearts, do the proper thing.

I have it on good authority that Hearts do not intend to ask Celtic FC to mark John's passing. Instead, they will await the opportunity to enable our own fans to pay their respects at Tynecastle next week. The club is also considering issuing a special match programme, although I am not sure that it will be available for the Dundee Utd game..

He was a great man and player.

Sniffer

Nelly Terraces

It must be a minutes SILENCE at Tynie next week, and none of this 'applause' nonsense, so undignified that. A minutes silence is about giving time and space to reflect on a persons life.

A minutes applause is just a bloody racket. No wonder it's so beloved of those with no class, or dignity. You know who I mean.

After the mins silence we can have a beltin rendition of the 'South Morocco' song, as the second verse namchecks the great man. I think that'd be a great tribute.

HMFC ALWAYS.

NT

Miller Jambo 60
I have it on good authority that Hearts do not intend to ask Celtic FC to mark John's passing. Instead, they will await the opportunity to enable our own fans to pay their respects at Tynecastle next week. The club is also considering issuing a special match programme, although I am not sure that it will be available for the Dundee Utd game..

He was a great man and player.

Sniffer

Has to be TYNE see me dropping a tear.

Sure my boy will buck me up.

Miller Jambo 60
It must be a minutes SILENCE at Tynie next week, and none of this 'applause' nonsense, so undignified that. A minutes silence is about giving time and space to reflect on a persons life.

A minutes applause is just a bloody racket. No wonder it's so beloved of those with no class, or dignity. You know who I mean.

After the mins silence we can have a beltin rendition of the 'South Morocco' song, as the second verse namchecks the great man. I think that'd be a great tribute.

HMFC ALWAYS.

NT

CLASS NT we are HEARTS

I agree, I do not like the applause thing, it is only used to save low life from being embarrassed about spoiling a silence like Celtic Fans for Remembrance Sunday.

Nelly Terraces
I agree, I do not like the applause thing, it is only used to save low life from being embarrassed about spoiling a silence like Celtic Fans for Remembrance Sunday.

Spot on. A minute of silent respect please Hearts.

Archived