Larry's away...........

Clerry Jambo

I'd keep the ?150'000 from buying Balogh and pay it to the players in January.

Was thinking the same thing.What would be the pont in paying 150 grand for a goalie who is no better than Jamie Macdonald.

Sheriff Fatman
Would either really be a shock?

Not really, but Larry leaving will prove the old addage that if you say it often enough it is true given that he has been definately leaving in every transfer window since he joined according to people on here.

Not really, but Larry leaving will prove the old addage that if you say it often enough it is true given that he has been definately leaving in every transfer window since he joined according to people on here.

Personally, I think some will go and some will come in (a bit obvious perhaps, but folk often lose sight of the fact that this happens every 6 months)

No player transfer will ever gut me as much as Bannon's sale way back when he was our only star.

There's a bit of wailing and gnashing of teeth, but as long as we have a decent manager, for me that is far more important than the individuals, making up football, who these days are not club stalwarts, but are pros doing a job wherever the deal is best.

Guest JamboRobbo
The old adage - If Bazza is struggling for a story, pad out a quote from a Hearts official with loads of JKB inferences...

Or, the old HMFC adage - if you want to publicise that your players are for sale, put it on HNT, safe in the knowledge that the papers will run with it for you tomorrow.

boabyarsebiscuit
The old adage - If Bazza is struggling for a story, pad out a quote from a Hearts official with loads of JKB inferences...

The Kingston rumours are just a load of old Turkey! ;-)

if Zaliukas goes who would be the prefered choice to play beside Berra?

McGowan or Rapnik. Probably McGowan though since Rapnik's left sided

Its fairly obvious that players will leave, whether they be first team players remains to be seen, that would depend on the player and the offer tabled for those players.

The current circumstances are being fealt at every club around the world and we are not immune to these cicumstances ,you have to ask however are we more vunerable than most.

The squad size must be reduced and the manager knows already who he wants to move on to trim the wages scenario,he has said today that we are two players away from a dream team for years to come, if you read between the lines "it may just be me though" this could indicate a policy of bringing through or bringing in youth to replace high wage earners who wont perform to their ridiculously high delayed salary.

Nelly Terraces

Are you lot blind?:mw_rolleyes:

Did nobody read this bit?:

He is not expecting excessive departures, and club officials have stressed likewise to the Evening News that no panic buttons are being pressed internally at Tynecastle despite recent failures to pay players' wages on time.

That sounds like half decent news to me. Larry & Chesney gettin punted wouldn't lose me sleep either, espesh Ches who is a just a total liability.

I think first out of the door will be Balogh as he has a ?150,000 price tag on his head hence the rumours (yes I know they are just rumours) about Kiraly and Combe - no smoke without fire!

Was thinking the same thing.What would be the pont in paying 150 grand for a goalie who is no better than Jamie Macdonald.

You wouldn't. It would be totally reckless and pointless to spend ?150K + say wages of ?2K a week (at least) over 2 1/2 years which would mean a package of ?400K on a keeper who is clearly no better than what we have already.

If we sign him then it proves they don't know how to get rid of the debt.

Francis Albert

Spot on. It is almost the first anniversary of the great "Larry has played his last game for Hearts" marathon and multiple threads on JKB. Incredibly (and internally inconsistent) complicated conspiracy theories involving fake surgical boots that time as I recall ... At least it seems more straightforward this time around ...

Also interesting that the bit about the "Evening News understands that ..." no panic mass-sale is underway is simply ignored. I mean the Sun's opposite story must be true ...

Nelly Terraces
Spot on. It is almost the first anniversary of the great "Larry has played his last game for Hearts" marathon and multiple threads on JKB. Incredibly (and internally inconsistent) complicated conspiracy theories involving fake surgical boots that time as I recall ... At least it seems more straightforward this time around ...

Also interesting that the bit about the "Evening News understands that ..." no panic mass-sale is underway is simply ignored. I mean the Sun's opposite story must be true ...

Yeah mate, I said that as well, fok just ignored that bit.

Francis Albert
Yeah mate, I said that as well, fok just ignored that bit.

Sorry - I posted before I read your post. Still, worth repeating.

I think it is a case of wait and see what happens.We might lose some players but i hope it will not be as bad as some are making out.I hope if we sell Larry for a decent amount this will enable us to hold on to most of our main first team players.

I'll remind you of that !

I hope when you do that the rumours have some credence (like the Laszlo quotes in the Hungarian newspaper) instead of idle gossip and hearsay.

The biggest benefit in selling Larry wouldn't just be the fee - more importantly losing his colossal wage costs.

:xmaseye:

Makween would like to know if Clerry Jambo has ever started a thread that wasn't about Kingston.

Makween thinks that we'll have to wait and see how many players leave in January. Too many rumours going to and fro to really form an opinion.

we'vehatedthe

if kingston leave thn it's good news alround. we get rid of a well paid player who in my opinion is overated, how many games has he won us??? i would say miko has won us more!! he will get his dream move to hull or somone, who will find out what we did.

if kingston leave thn it's good news alround. we get rid of a well paid player who in my opinion is overated, how many games has he won us??? i would say miko has won us more!! he will get his dream move to hull or somone, who will find out what we did.

A Well Paid Player Who Is On ?6500 A Week According To His Bank Statement.......

Are you sure it's not Miko and Chesney who are away?

I pray every night Peanut that this is indeed the case and I am not even religious:xmasgrin:

I pray every night Peanut that this is indeed the case and I am not even religious:xmasgrin:

If these two are away, Zali goes to Russia and Shammy stays in Lithuania after his recuperation, I think that only leaves us with one Lithuanian, Novikovas.

That would be enough to make me think UBIG are looking to sell the club.

Taking into account he sale of Gordon, Bednar etc, the debt for equity, the possible sale of a couple of players in January and the debt would be vastly reduced with Tynecastle still in the ownership of the club making us a much more saleable proposition than we have been for some time

Well just a thought.

Tin hat on.

A Well Paid Player Who Is On ?6500 A Week According To His Bank Statement.......

If that is the case, not only is that a staggering amount of cash, but it also confirms that you must be Barry George!!

Seriously though, that works out at ?11k per week (?12k incl. NI). Would be happy to shift him asap if it meant saving the club over ?620,000 a year!!!

Now back to the question of how we managed to rack-up debts of ?40 million....

:xmaseye:

Can anyone confirm the fact that we have 7 goalies on our books?I,m sure I read this somewhere?

I think we have 8 actually.

MacDonald

Balogh

Kello

Banks

Basso

Ridgers

Falzon

Thomson

Are you lot blind?:mw_rolleyes:

Did nobody read this bit?:

He is not expecting excessive departures, and club officials have stressed likewise to the Evening News that no panic buttons are being pressed internally at Tynecastle despite recent failures to pay players' wages on time.

People have been complaining endlessly about the lack of comment from the club about the recent firesale rumours. Now that there is a statement in the press, nobody makes a sound. :confused::conf11::banghead::24_shocked::blah::dontgetit::mystic:

We actually are not well covered on the right side of midfield. Currently, our senior options are Kingston, Cesnauskis or Mikoliunas. Mikoliunas has as good as said he wants to try somewhere different next season, leaving two players that have had injury issues. If one or 'tother were to leave, we would be really struggling.

Cover for that area makes sense.

I think we have 8 actually.

MacDonald

Balogh

Kello

Banks

Basso

Ridgers

Falzon

Thomson

With three of those still eligible for the under-19s (isn't Thomson only 15?) and Banks just about retired at Hearts as a goalkeeping coach, it's unfair to properly state for any paper that we have eight goalkeepers. With the vast amount of, erm, 'talent' on the OF's books I'm sure they have just as much.

Talking in terms of the first team we have 4 keepers but we all know Basso will never feature again.

Archived