JKB Supporting The Edinburgh Sick Kids Friends Foundation

Ulysses

As most members will know, the Sick Kids Friends Foundation is a charitable organisation that supports the work of the Royal Hospital for Sick Children in Edinburgh.

On behalf of the management team at JKB, I'm pleased to let members know that we've made an arrangement with the Sick Kids Friends Foundation so that a number of children who are in the care of the hospital will be able to go along to games at Tynecastle between now and the end of the season.

We've bought one child and one adult half season ticket for the Wheatfield Stand, and the Foundation will arrange things so that a child can go along to each game accompanied by a parent or guardian. If this is a success, the plan is to extend the idea and run it for the whole of next season as well.

We're very grateful to Maureen Harrison of the Sick Kids Foundation for her help in organising this, and we also appreciate the contribution made by one of our own members, John S, in setting up contact between JKB and the Foundation.

The tickets are for seats in an accessible part of the Wheatfield Stand. However, some of the children attending may need wheelchair access. When this happens, the club will arrange alternative seating in one of the disabled areas of the stadium. We're much obliged to the people in the HMFC ticket office for their assistance.

The Royal Hospital for Sick Children cares for more than 100,000 children every year, from Edinburgh and all over the East of Scotland. The Sick Kids Friends Foundation works in all sorts of ways to make the experience of illness and hospital better for children and their families, to fund medical equipment, training and research, and to support sick children being cared for in the community.

If you'd like to know more about the work of the Foundation, please have a look at this link:

http://www.edinburghsickkids.org/

Ulysses

Administrator

Good work. I would like all Kickbackers if possible to do the following.

?10 each to a local charity.

We can make a difference.

As most members will know, the Sick Kids Friends Foundation is a charitable organisation that supports the work of the Royal Hospital for Sick Children in Edinburgh.

On behalf of the management team at JKB, I'm pleased to let members know that we've made an arrangement with the Sick Kids Friends Foundation so that a number of children who are in the care of the hospital will be able to go along to games at Tynecastle between now and the end of the season.

We've bought one child and one adult half season ticket for the Wheatfield Stand, and the Foundation will arrange things so that a child can go along to each game accompanied by a parent or guardian. If this is a success, the plan is to extend the idea and run it for the whole of next season as well.

We're very grateful to Maureen Harrison of the Sick Kids Foundation for her help in organising this, and we also appreciate the contribution made by one of our own members, John S, in setting up contact between JKB and the Foundation.

The tickets are for seats in an accessible part of the Wheatfield Stand. However, some of the children attending may need wheelchair access. When this happens, the club will arrange alternative seating in one of the disabled areas of the stadium. We're much obliged to the people in the HMFC ticket office for their assistance.

The Royal Hospital for Sick Children cares for more than 100,000 children every year, from Edinburgh and all over the East of Scotland. The Sick Kids Friends Foundation works in all sorts of ways to make the experience of illness and hospital better for children and their families, to fund medical equipment, training and research, and to support sick children being cared for in the community.

If you'd like to know more about the work of the Foundation, please have a look at this link:

http://www.edinburghsickkids.org/

Ulysses

Administrator

This is a fantastic idea, well done for all those involved in organising it.

My son spent 8 months in the Sicks Kids Hospital last year and the support that they give the children is fantastic. Many of the children in the sick kids are there for a pro-longed period so treats such as getting taken to the football or being visited by players are invaluable and can really lift the childrens spirits.

As Walter Kidd said combined fundraising efforts can really make a difference. I would encourage everyone to sign up for "Give as you earn" scheme. This is one of the most successfull ways for charities to raise funds. Donating ?10 a month straight from your salary, with the associated tax benefits, only actually ends up in your take home pay being about ?8 lighter and is barely noticed.

There are many charities that you can choose to donate. For more info see link below:

http://www.cafonline.org/Default.aspx?page=7026

Well done to all involved.

Would be great if the media could pick up on this, and publish some positive news about the Club for change.

If theres anyone on here can set something up,id gladly donate ?20 for starters!

I would back Eggo on this shout as well

Well done to all concerned on the op

boabyarsebiscuit

Well done JKB.

As an aside, I lost a virtual bet on here last season and donated 20 quid to this Charity.

MODS...Make this a sticky please!

If as I asked earlier we can donate,lets not just talk about it...lets get some money in the coffers before Xmas for the kids!

p.s. can someone organise this,as im heading away back to work till 23rd.

Well done admin a god shout and further evidence of the kudos JKB is winning back now. Keep up the good work.

As to giving if anyone works for RBS they do a "double-matched" charity scheme which means for every pound you donate the charity gets 3

Guest GhostHunter

I hope everyone heard Uly's dulcet tones (he's paid me to say that) on Donkey's Drive Show on Talk 107 this afternoon...

Hopefully help bring the Foundation's name right into the Public Domain...

Thanks...lets hope someone can set up a payment scheme!

Thanks to everyone for their kind words. Thanks also to those who have offered to make a further contribution to the Foundation. We're looking at ways to organise this, and we'll post something later.

We've had a few people posting to say they'd like to contribute, and we've also had a couple of PMs along the same lines.

While we'd be quite happy to organise something and get money along to the Sick Kids Friends Foundation, we reckon it would be more efficient if people donated directly.

You can make a donation directly to the Foundation at the link below. Please note also that if you are a UK taxpayer, you can make your donation go even further by donating through Gift Aid.

Go on, it's a nice thing to do in the run up to Christmas. :)

http://www.edinburghsickkids.org/donate.asp

I hope everyone heard Uly's dulcet tones (he's paid me to say that) on Donkey's Drive Show on Talk 107 this afternoon...

Aw, you should have said something...I'm sure plenty would have tuned in...

I was surprised that I hadn't ever heard of this charity because normally anything associated with the Sick Kids tends to get a fair bit of local publicity. It's the kind of thing that people will support wholeheartedly once they know about it so anything that helps to raise their profile must do them some good.

It's not like they're asking for millions, there are tons of organisations and people in Edinburgh who could help them out massively without it costing them a bomb.

We've had a few people posting to say they'd like to contribute, and we've also had a couple of PMs along the same lines.

While we'd be quite happy to organise something and get money along to the Sick Kids Friends Foundation, we reckon it would be more efficient if people donated directly.

You can make a donation directly to the Foundation at the link below. Please note also that if you are a UK taxpayer, you can make your donation go even further by donating through Gift Aid.

Go on, it's a nice thing to do in the run up to Christmas. :)

http://www.edinburghsickkids.org/donate.asp

Tried twice this morning to donate my 20 and it keeps failing:xmasoh:

Miller Jambo 60
Good work. I would like all Kickbackers if possible to do the following.

?10 each to a local charity.

We can make a difference.

Great bud where do i send my 10 pounds .

I had a feeling it was Uly!

Cheer up!:P

I'll let them know.

Edit: It failed for me as well.

Let me know how you get on,as I and hopefully MANY others on here would like to donate before Xmas!

Dig deep folks...you know it makes sense:)

Archived