Scenario

Ryan Gosling

We sell 14 first team players.

We get the debt down to a manageable level of around ?6m.

We beat Hibs in the cup, and the league, and then the match at Easter Road later in the season.

We lose every other game and finish 11th.

An anonymous businessman makes a bid for the club.

He asks if Csaba should be sacked, should he buy the club

Would you take it? And would you sack him for the chance of a totally fresh start?

You think the debt would only be ?6m after selling the entire first team ?

The "anonymous businessman" could be another VR so I am not sure it would be such a great deal without knowing the identity.

Probably good for the club in the long run, but whos to say that we wouldnt just get relegated the next season.

Hard to turn down 3 derby victories!!!

You think the debt would only be ?6m after selling the entire first team ?

The "anonymous businessman" could be another VR so I am not sure it would be such a great deal without knowing the identity.

Those two aren't necessarily linked.

Just go with it.

Oh and you can't know who the businessman is, he doesn't want to tell you.

He's not Pat Munro though and he's not Russian/Lithuanian.

:D

Those two aren't necessarily linked.

Just go with it.

Oh and you can't know who the businessman is, he doesn't want to tell you.

He's not Pat Munro though and he's not Russian/Lithuanian.

:D

Assuming it is less than ?6m then I would take the gamble.

Sawdust Caesar

We beat Hibs in the cup, and the league, and then the match at Easter Road later in the season.

Would you take it? And would you sack him for the chance of a totally fresh start?

I like beating Hibs with our second string but being beaten by all the other garbage would be hard to take. Are we finishing a comfortable eleventh or just by the skin of our teeth? If the latter then I wouldn't like that scenario one bit. If the former then I would give a tentative yes.

Only if VR promised to go away & make as big a **** of hibs as he has done to us over the past 3 years.

That includes a cup win so totally unrealistic for Hibs. :tongue:

No, the club is just getting settled again, I don't think I could cope with much more turmoil at Tynecastle and Csaba looks as though he's doing a good job just now.

On the subject of the 14 players getting sold, only if it was a level balance of players that aren't playing regularly and then the high earners. Players like Makela would be first to go, he is near the top of each list, he's not playing and getting paid (reportedly) lots.

I don't think we would lose every game if we only had fringe players, players like Thomson and Mole are good enough against the lower half of the SPL and we'd probally do alright with a few U19's and reserves in the squad as well.

Charlie-Brown

Some flaws in the OP.....

1) If the currently 4th SPL clubs reserve/B-team managed to beat the currently 5th SPL team's first team twice including in a difficult Scottish cup away fixture then logic would suggest that far from losing every game there-after they'd be in with a good shout of a top 6 finish and possibly a Europa place....

2) If by selling or releasing 14 players we'd managed to get debt down to only ?6M and operate at break even then the selling value of the club would be much higher as it wouldn't be loss-making and would have a positive net-worth re: assets/debts .... even the lowest current valuation of tynecastle land would still be higher than the debt level so Vlad/UBIG would do better to sit tight, ride out the recession and wait for Tynie's property value to increase again thus increasing their capital gains.....

Only if VR promised to go away & make as big a **** of hibs as he has done to us over the past 3 years.

nooooooo

cos on the way of making us into the muppets of the SPL he helped us to a scottish cup...

hibs could go bust the next day and they'd be lording it over us for eternity

We sell a few players and bring in a couple. We still have the negative headlines but win the Cup and finish third.

Or Peanut's scenario?

Yes.

I think everything is too quiet and predictable at Tynecastle.

A leap into the complete unknown sounds like an even more exciting roller-coaster.

john brownlee

do you really want hobos to win the scottish cup and be in the champs league

thionk before you post

Some flaws in the OP.....

1) If the currently 4th SPL clubs reserve/B-team managed to beat the currently 5th SPL team's first team twice including in a difficult Scottish cup away fixture then logic would suggest that far from losing every game there-after they'd be in with a good shout of a top 6 finish and possibly a Europa place....

2) If by selling or releasing 14 players we'd managed to get debt down to only ?6M and operate at break even then the selling value of the club would be much higher as it wouldn't be loss-making and would have a positive net-worth re: assets/debts .... even the lowest current valuation of tynecastle land would still be higher than the debt level so Vlad/UBIG would do better to sit tight, ride out the recession and wait for Tynie's property value to increase again thus increasing their capital gains.....

It's not real, Charlie.

:mw_rolleyes:

the voice from above

Good thread Peanut.

I'd take the deal. That's where I think we need to start from (6 million debt with no high earners, not necessarily 11th), and I reckon the youth team would be ok in the SPL next season assuming the mystery owner buys a couple of experienced pros...

I quite like what we have got.

Very good but it seems highly unlikely that come February the 1st we will have what we currently have - certainly on the playing staff front.

As an aside what are you happy about what we have at the moment?

For me:-

Happy with

The manager who seems to be growing into the job after I had a few misgivings

The spirit the players seem to be playing with

Our league position

Unhappy with:-

Our debt

The fact we appear to be set to sell a number of our best players in January

The fact we cant pay wages/bills on time or at all.

We're not in any danger of relegation. We're 11th on goal difference, 8 points from relegation.

no and no. Csaba clearly rocks.

the voice from above

I'd have to agree with that BigAndy.

I'm also happy with the youthfull nature of our squad and the related number of homegrown players regularly featuring in the 1st team.

I would take it for sure. Debt down to ?6m, still owners of Tynecastle I presume, no Romanov and still in the SPL come the start of season 09/10. Only other way I can see is getting down to a manageable level of debt would be by selling Tynecastle...

No, because even though we might have to sell a couple of players I think we need to keep enough of the team to try to earn a place in the UEFA Cup next season - whether that be 3rd or the luck of finishing 4th and earning a place through an all OF Scottish cup final.

A 'firesale' will more than likely see us losing money next season with little squad to finish higher in the league (next season as well as this) and a diminishing support as a result (who will of course claim it is because of Romanov and not the quality of the team ;)).

I think if it's a normal person that buys the club (i.e. not someone with the same mentality as VR) then it wouldn't matter if Csaba stayed or went. The big thing for me about Csaba is that he appears to be the one man in recent times capable of working with VRs methods.

However, if a 'Pat the plumber' or whoever came along then even someone like Stevie Frail or John McGlyn would probably do a half decent job.

I'd personally would like Csaba to stay but just like players the manager is dispensible.

Good thread Peanut.

I'd take the deal. That's where I think we need to start from (6 million debt with no high earners, not necessarily 11th), and I reckon the youth team would be ok in the SPL next season assuming the mystery owner buys a couple of experienced pros...

Agree good thread Peanus.

I'd also take the deal - I can't see us ever trading out of our perilous position. A longer term view vs a short term view IMO.

:xmascrazy:

Archived