Who would you keep?

this_is_my_story

this_is_my_story

There does seem to be a bit of an air of inevitability that we'll lose a few of the bigger earners/most sellable assets in January.

If we put Berra, Kingston, Driver & Aguiar in that bracket and decide that one of them is worth retaining on a fairly hefty wage, who would you choose?

My head says Berra, to keep at least a solid base of the spine of the team in place. Out with Kingston, talented as he can be. Sorry Larry! Heart says Driver or Aguiar, as without them we'd have very little in terms of creativity in the team. So, I'd go for Driver - still young, and is only going to get better.

Thoughts?

We need to keep Berra, Wallace, Driver, Aguiar, Neilson, Ruben, Stewart and a few others. Dont think of the money Vlad. Think of a team capable of challenging the Old Firm in two years.

it hardly matters. if a bid comes in for a player which is impossible to turn down then it's cheerio.

i'll only be pished off if a player is sold off on the cheap or if a player is allowed to leave through the lack of a contract offer (aguiar).

if and when any of the more valuable players are sold off on the cheap, then we have genuine cause for concern.... 'cos it's back to the pieman days for us.

Bruno. We need that bit of experience in the middle and Stewart is too volatile, though Ruben will shine there, I think and I doubt he will be picked up yet.

The others may - or may not go, but Driver and Berra aren't going anywhere this window IMO.

We need to keep Berra, Wallace, Driver, Aguiar, Neilson, Ruben, Stewart and a few others. Dont think of the money Vlad. Think of a team capable of challenging the Old Firm in two years.

We would not challenge the OF even with that lot in team. Challenging for 3rd would do for now.

ruben and neilson can GTF ! Both are on more than Larry, and offer nothing to the team. From a finanicial point of view, it would be better to keep Driver, he is on a low wage compared to Berra and Bruno plus still has 4 years on his contact to go so his value will only go up in a years time.

We would not challenge the OF even with that lot in team. Challenging for 3rd would do for now.

How not? Rangers and Celtic are no great shakes. Yes we need a few additions plus with the young talent we have coming through there is every chance of challenging the Old Firm in a coup,e of years. IMO Berra has been the best defender in the SPL this season.

How not? Rangers and Celtic are no great shakes. Yes we need a few additions plus with the young talent we have coming through there is every chance of challenging the Old Firm in a coup,e of years. IMO Berra has been the best defender in the SPL this season.

Because most of the players you mentioned are not good or consistent enough to sustain a challenge against the OF.

ruben and neilson can GTF ! Both are on more than Larry, and offer nothing to the team. From a finanicial point of view, it would be better to keep Driver, he is on a low wage compared to Berra and Bruno plus still has 4 years on his contact to go so his value will only go up in a years time.

Admit it, you just made that up, didn't you?

this_is_my_story
it hardly matters. if a bid comes in for a player which is impossible to turn down then it's cheerio.

i'll only be pished off if a player is sold off on the cheap or if a player is allowed to leave through the lack of a contract offer (aguiar).

if and when any of the more valuable players are sold off on the cheap, then we have genuine cause for concern.... 'cos it's back to the pieman days for us.

Very true - however, if there is one thing that I would give VR due credit for, it's his refusal to accept peanuts for players we have that are of decent value.

Admit it, you just made that up, didn't you?

No totally true, larry wages are only 5 k a week basic, a lot is made of a old 10-15 k a week deal but that is nonesense.

ScottishSandstorm

The only players that I would not sell are Wallace, Driver, and some youth players. The rest can go if the price is high enough. That being said, I think we should make it a priority to keep this team together. Look what they can do once they are settled. We may however, need to offload a top earner to solve this cash-flow issue. I just hope it isn't Driver.

Berra should only go if we get a lot for him (excess of 5 million) because his value could rise tremendously in the next 6 months with cup performances and international opportunities. Bruno I can understand if he moves on due to his contract but I think we should focus on trying to resign him. Kingston can be magic but if a good offer comes in then we should take it due to his inconsistency and high wage.

Nobody is going to come in (with a decent offer) for Palazuelos, Obua, Thomson, Neilson, Chesney, Mole, or Stewart. Karipidis and Zaliukas can go if the price is right (regrettably). Wallace and Driver cannot be released barring anything silly because their place in the team is so unique to them and they are key players. Jonsson has huge potential and shouldn't be sold unless the offer is very good. Nade is basically our only striker and he is settled and fit, meaning a replacement would be hard to buy. Do not sell him. I would like to see us get rid of Elliot and Basso (only a matter of time). Sadly, it might be time for Miko to go. Tullberg needs to get himself on the pitch and soon (how long is his contract?). Audrey should retire or go back to Kaunas and we should get someone to take Makela off our hands.

No totally true, larry wages are only 5 k a week basic, a lot is made of a old 10-15 k a week deal but that is nonesense.

Source? (for the other bit about Ruben and Neilson too)

Also, if you know the basic rate, can you confirm what the bonuses are in his deal as well? (might as well ask for the moon since I've begun)

Between Driver and Berra, as they are still young. But I'd have to say I'd keep Driver because Rapnik and Mcgowan seem decent cover at centre back.

Source? (for the other bit about Ruben and Neilson too)

Also, if you know the basic rate, can you confirm what the bonuses are in his deal as well? (might as well ask for the moon since I've begun)

Source is someone at the bank, who has no need to make stuff up.

The highest earning players at hearts are Ruben, Bruno, Kari and Maklea, they are all on 7+ a week. I`m not sure about Robbie`s wage, but i would guess it would be decent because when Vlad took over all the main scottish players were giving new contracts, so i`m guessing that robbie would of be among the likes of elvis and gordon etc.

Not sure of bonuses tho as never went into detals of the accounts, for obvious reasons.

Source is someone at the bank, who has no need to make stuff up.

The highest earning players at hearts are Ruben, Bruno, Kari and Maklea, they are all on 7+ a week. I`m not sure about Robbie`s wage, but i would guess it would be decent because when Vlad took over all the main scottish players were giving new contracts, so i`m guessing that robbie would of be among the likes of elvis and gordon etc.

Not sure of bonuses tho as never went into detals of the accounts, for obvious reasons.

Cheers. That's a lot of money spent on Makela. At least Karipidis gets on the pitch for us.

winston churchill

berra & bruno for me.

driver blows hot & cold and also gets to many injuries.

kingstons only killing time being here and also has to many injuries.

Archived