Come and get them?

Guest JamboRobbo

Guest JamboRobbo
Iv'e alwys said Hearts marketing is one of the things that has improved under Vlad. :)

Don't think there is much denying that whatever they do, when it comes to getting money in for players, it appears to work.

Guest JamboRobbo
Damned if you do, damned if you don't eh?

Fans want an official statement on things - then get one on player speculation and start with paranoia.

Not knocking it or being paranoid mate. just asking peoples opinion cause IMO, it reads like a "come and get them" advert.

Not knocking it or being paranoid mate. just asking peoples opinion cause IMO, it reads like a "come and get them" advert.

Is that because it suits your agenda?

:mw_rolleyes:

I would say that in the current financial climate (not just Hearts but in general) that this is no bad thing.

A lot of clubs will be trying to offload a lot of players come January. No harm in making potential buyers aware.

Maybe I'm just feeling a bit touchy on the subject but yes, it does read like a bit of gusset flashing...as did 'Larry's Premiership Dream' or whatever it was...

I'd like to think it's nothing of the sort, but if that's exactly what they're up to, I don't suppose I can really justify being all that surprised.

Last year or the year before - as the close of the window approached - Hearts put up a post on the site which laid out which of the players they did want to sell/transfer!

Is it just me, or does todays "Hearts news Today" read like a deliberate advertisement to come and buy our players before someone else does?

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1481500,00.html

I agree with you, JR...

Surely there must have been other things to talk about ? Therefore, this is what they thought was the most important.

Ker-ching.

Maybe I'm just feeling a bit touchy on the subject but yes, it does read like a bit of gusset flashing...as did 'Larry's Premiership Dream' or whatever it was...

I'd like to think it's nothing of the sort, but if that's exactly what they're up to, I don't suppose I can really justify being all that surprised.

So youd rather they played it down?

'....Larry Kingston, Hearts flamboyant international winger is probably only good enough to be playing the Championship, so other teams can rule him out now...'

If the players are going to have to go, Id rather the club talked them up, than did them selves out of the best deal by pretending its not happening.

As Borthers said, they would be slated either way by posters for doing it too much, or not enough.

Its only talk, its a bit ridiculous to associate this sort of thing directly with sales. The agents still have to have their public say as well.

Is it just me, or does todays "Hearts news Today" read like a deliberate advertisement to come and buy our players before someone else does?

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1481500,00.html

Just a gentle reminder of who we have "in stock".

More subtle than last year's, which was brazen.

I agree with you, JR...

Surely there must have been other things to talk about ? Therefore, this is what they thought was the most important.

Ker-ching.

There do seem to be other things on the news page that are not about transfer speculation.

I'm not as worked up about this as some, we were primed for bigger earners to start to go from Jan, if there is speculation on some others then that is to be expected and the article says Csaba is "Unfazed" by it.

Not everyone mentioned will go and I hope Bruno gets to stay, but..

If there is a lot of interest in the squad then that is good, if one or two are sold for good money then hopefully Csaba will get a bit of leeway in building his own squad.

'....Larry Kingston, Hearts flamboyant international winger is probably only good enough to be playing the Championship, so other teams can rule him out now...'

If the players are going to have to go, Id rather the club talked them up, than did them selves out of the best deal by pretending its not happening.

As Borthers said, they would be slated either way by posters for doing it too much, or not enough.

Its only talk, its a bit ridiculous to associate this sort of thing directly with sales. The agents still have to have their public say as well.

... by arranging the " (insert player name here) pleads "come and get me" to Rangers / Celtic (delete as appropriate)" articles around the red tops ?

"Yesterday (insert player name here) told of his misery at (insert ground here) and issued a plea to Rangers / Celtic (delete as appropriate) to take him along the M8 ..." etc blah blah - you could make this a template and fill it in quite easily.

Well...yes I would rather they played it down, to be honest. I'd love to see them issuing no-nonsense 'hands off' statements rather than flaunting our wares like this. But obviously I know why that can't really happen....

I'm not criticising, more wishing aloud that things were different.

players may be sold, bids may be turned down.

if and when some players are sold, some will rejoice at the exit of a less than favoured player. some will be relieved at an apparent improvement in the finances. some will start crying about supposed 'asset stripping'.

what seems certain to me is that there is no possible course of action in the transfer window that will please everyone.

players may be sold, bids may be turned down.

if and when some players are sold, some will rejoice at the exit of a less than favoured player. some will be relieved at an apparent improvement in the finances. some will start crying about supposed 'asset stripping'.

what seems certain to me is that there is no possible course of action in the transfer window that will please everyone.

Wise words.

What a bizarre overeading of the article. Managers always say that people being interested in your players coicides with a good run. Is Stuart Pearce going to "sign" Driver?? Maybe Burley will "sign" Berra. We all know players will go in January and so will players from other clubs. We need to cut our wage bills as even Rangers do.Save your 30,000th post for something interesting.

Coincides nicely with the recent Hearts.TV features on 'Driver's greatest dribbles' and 'Larry's most exaggerated badge-thumping celebrations’!!

If only the club had thought of this sooner, they could have posted a link to the Pinilla video on youtube that had everyone creaming for the past 2 years.

-We have to sell players. If these kind of articles help achieve that, I’m all for it.

However, if I was in-charge of the website, I’d post Makela’s first interview for Hearts which included the “when I see the whites of the ‘keeper’s eyes” banter. That, along with his goals to games ratio should do the trick but they’d have to ban access to any video footage of him. Assume that’s what HJK Helsinki did to us back in Jan’06.

So, Driver, Berra, Obua (?), Kingston, Zaliukas and of course Bruno.

According to the media, any player showing even the slightest bit of form must be leaving in January. Jonsson will surely be mentioned by the weekend, maybe the red tops will have a 'players leaving Hearts 4 page pull out'.

Meanwhile, it would seem that no-one from anywhere has a firm interest in any other player at any other team in the SPL? Surely now Ramos is in situ Fletcher will be on his way to the Santiago Bernabau, Ramos is great at signing over rated huddies the media tell him to sign and after paying ?9m for Hutton, presumably he reads the Daily Record. However, where are the 'Sandaza to Internazionale','Lee Miller to Barcelona' or 'Sol Bamba to Villareal' stories? They are about as believable as some of the ones concerning us lately!:mw_rolleyes:

I suppose if they make up enough, they might (through the law of averages) get one right, after all even a stopped clock is right twice a day, but does anyone think they know any more than we do? Half of their stories appear here first!!:laugh:

I know we have to sell before we can buy but I would rather we didnt have a wholesale clear out of our first team picks. I want us to be finantially secure but over and above that by a long way I want a succesful team on the pitch. Selling any or all from Berra, Zal, Driver, Bruno and Kingston in the transfer window would be a backwards step IMO. If Zal and Berra go we can kiss goodbye to 3rd place although 2m for Zal seems like good business.

Lets shead the 2nd picks first and bring in the youngsters. Juho,Audrey, Chesney and Mole could all quite easily go and not be missed. Surely our youngsters can cover them and still keep our existing team players and keep the momentum up. By selling any of the quoted players it will dent our rhythmn Im afraid

Archived