Bernd Schuster

Prince Buaben

Say What Again

It must be great being a football manager. Sacked for providing a team with the worst start to a campaign ever in their history, walk away with about ?8 million in compensation - straight into the Real Madrid job.

Aye, it's a hard life.

You don't become a bad manager overnight. he worked wonders at Sevilla.
Hes extremely overated tbh, at sevilla the DoF targeted and signed every player there while he jus picked the first team squad. Was the main reason why sevilla never kicked up a fus and if anything have improved sinse.

At Spurs his problem seemed to be with the players not respecting or playing for him (personally i suspect some even played to get him sacked). I don't think this makes him a bad manager given the noxious ****s that are at spurs (even if he signed a fair few of them: Bentley). But if he struggles to deal with the egos there he's not going to get on much better in Madrid where stronger managers have been defeated by a dressing room that seems to do what it wants.

At Spurs the players were not responding to his management style.

Harry Redknapp is doing a better job with the same players.

Lets not forget he did win the League Cup with them.

I reakon he will do pretty well to be honest - good move by Real Madrid.

Hes extremely overated tbh, at sevilla the DoF targeted and signed every player there while he jus picked the first team squad. Was the main reason why sevilla never kicked up a fus and if anything have improved sinse.

so did Ramos have no say in the tactics of a team who won back to back UEFA cups, a supercup, the copa del rey and the spanish supercup without any 'superstar' players? :mw_rolleyes:

this_is_my_story
so did Ramos have no say in the tactics of a team who won back to back UEFA cups, a supercup, the copa del rey and the spanish supercup without any 'superstar' players? :mw_rolleyes:

Exactly. Ramos is a good bet to do well at Real, I reckon.

There is a rule from the Spanish FA that you cant sign a manager from another club within the Spanish league during the season so it would either be Ramos or someone from their coaching staff or 2nd team.

HMFCjamieHMFC

Ramos will do well if he doesn't get any decisions on which players are bought and Dani Alves is a superstar player

Dr Ian Malcolm

Some managers just seem to suit working in certain countries. See Paul Le Guen (although not doing too hot with PSG just now) and to an extent Alain Perrin. Had Pompey on course for relegation, now skooshing Ligue 1 with Lyon (not that its nit expected there mind).

HMFCjamieHMFC
Some managers just seem to suit working in certain countries. See Paul Le Guen (although not doing too hot with PSG just now) and to an extent Alain Perrin. Had Pompey on course for relegation, now skooshing Ligue 1 with Lyon (not that its nit expected there mind).

Alain Perrin quit in the summer hes now the Saint Etienne manger and PSG are 5th on goal difference

Ramos will do well if he doesn't get any decisions on which players are bought and Dani Alves is a superstar player

he is now. he was a very good player under Ramos but not a superstar.

I assume you have never seen any Spanish football recently then. Sevilla under Ramos played scintillating football, won 4 major trophies and had their best la liga finishing position in 50 years.

rudi must stay
You don't become a bad manager overnight. he worked wonders at Sevilla.

Paul Le Guen worked wonders at Lyon, look how well he's doing now. He was just there at the right time imo, same as Ramos

Archived