Mark Wilson

K1874M

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/scotland/news/2008/12/06/celtic-star-mark-wilson-left-frustrated-by-lack-of-scotland-recognition-86908-20949923/

(Sorry for the daily ****** content, on a train and board out my teeth)

Some cracking quotes in here.

"I've captained Scotland at every age group up to Under-21 so to go such a long time without even being in a squad is frustrating. Hopefully, if I play well enough I'll be picked.

"But it just seems as if one or two guys have a couple of good games and are automatically selected. That's annoying when you are consistent for a season and not even getting close to a squad."

With that attitude you're burning your bridges.

""I haven't spoken to George Burley about the situation but I hope I get a call."

Keep digging bawbag

"It says a lot for Wilson's enthusiasm that he is targeting a Scotland place, even if he has been asked to play much of this season in an unfamiliar left-back role."

Ah you cant get a game for your own team in your usual position!!!

The arrogance of the old firm players is truly incredible.

Good player tho.

Who decided to pass up on Scotland for a place on the bench/treatment table/ wrong position with the old firm.

Guest JamboRobbo
Who decided to pass up on Scotland for a place on the bench/treatment table/ wrong position with the old firm.

aye whatever.

aye whatever.

??

He's complaining at not getting picked.

He's been injured and he's not even getting his game in his favoured position.

He's good but it seems not good enough for Celtic.... in his favoured position.

Guest JamboRobbo
??

He's complaining at not getting picked.

He's been injured and he's not even getting his game in his favoured position.

He's good but it seems not good enough for Celtic.... in his favoured position.

apologies mate, just cannie be arsed arguing over some stupid old firm player. :tongue:

Just purely on football ability, barring injury, I think he's a good player who will play for Scotland soon enough. Probably rb or midfield though rather than lb.

Its not like LB is completely alien to him though, he is fairly versatile and strong at RB,LB and Midfield.

I certainly would have him in before some of the players like Dailly, and Alexander

The injuries certainly hampered him but he surely has to be in the next squad.

Its not like LB is completely alien to him though, he is fairly versatile and strong at RB,LB and Midfield.

I certainly would have him in before some of the players like Dailly, and Alexander

The injuries certainly hampered him but he surely has to be in the next squad.

Jeezuz.

I was merely pointing out that his attitude stinks.

Coming out moaning about the manager choosing other players after 2 good games and having never discussed this with GB then he should be frozen out the next squad.

Harsh but would keep some of these over paid, arrogant wonks in there place.

I personally think it if he cannae get the right back spot of that useless German that plays there at the moment, says it all really.

I would like Driver to prove it this weekend, please.

I think he's a good player who should have probably been in the Scotland squad when he was a Dundee Utd player.

He must be one of the few players who struggle to get into the national squad after moving to the old firm.

Good player tho.

Think so? Ordinary IMO and another one who benefits from opposition inferiority when playing the OF.

Celtic wouldn`t have touched him, Brown, Caldwell in years gone by going by their past quality. Hate seeing these overated players getting away with murder at Celtic.

TBH I can understand his frustration. Was probably promised international football as part of the deal, if he joined Celtic.

Imagine watching Broadfoot playing in your position!? Even Robbie must wrankle at that!!!!

Still sounds like an arrogant tw@t though...It?s not like he has improved at all since he joined Celtic and indeed, his job is easier than when he was at United

I remember Darren Jackson bitching to me about this situation just before the Scotland v Ukraine game.

Obviously Robbie Neilson had been picked.

He spent a good 15 minutes ranting about how Wilson and McNamara were better yet not picked.

Before announcing he was Wilson and McNamara's agent!

What a muppet!

That aside....Wilson is a handy player and he should probably be in the squad ahead of the likles of Alexander and Broadfoot.

He's a wee ****, IMO.

He's pish.

Pete's doing solo at the Barrowlands again in Feb mate, so you know. :emoticon_spam:

Carry on with the thread. :)

Pete's doing solo at the Barrowlands again in Feb mate, so you know. :emoticon_spam:

Carry on with the thread. :)

I have just been made aware today from a friend, mate. Happy days! Are tickets on sale yet?

I have just been made aware today from a friend, mate. Happy days! Are tickets on sale yet?

Are indeed. Get yourself on Ticketmaster pronto.

Archived