Team Hotel last Friday night.

Armageddon

Found out today that on Friday night before the Murderwell game the team stayed in the Holiday Inn at Glasgow airport ... strange is it not given it's past Motherwell and the airport being a busy and hardly quiet location.

Thought I would share, not suggesting anything, just sharing.

You sure? Mikey Stewart said something in the press about being at the training ground when they heard about the game being cancelled. I assumed he meant Riccarton and thought that was odd given that I was under the impression they always stayed in a hotel the night before a game...but I put it down to cost cutting or something.

jamboinglasgow

to be fair, would you want to stay at a hotel in murderwell?

I do think it is odd that it isn't the city center of Glasgow but its only 15 mins further to the airport.

My best mate is a manager for the Holiday Inn and phoned me as it struck him as strange, it does seem weird. It's a wonder places like Murray Park dont have 20 or 30 rooms for such a thing, night before a big game everybody locked away and they leave from there.

to be fair, would you want to stay at a hotel in murderwell?

I do think it is odd that it isn't the city center of Glasgow but its only 15 mins further to the airport.

Glasgow airport is further from Motherwell than Edinburgh!

Did they travel back to the training ground before heading through because thats where they found out the game was cancelled, thats if Mikey Stewart is to be believed.

Did they travel back to the training ground before heading through because thats where they found out the game was cancelled, thats if Mikey Stewart is to be believed.

I think its more likely "If The OP's friend at the Holiday Inn" is to be believed. I know from previous visits back here (when I was living in the States) I would stay at Dalmahoy and the team were often there on a Friday night. Ive no idea if this is still the case but it would make sense if they were then up at Riccarton on the Sat morning

Found out today that on Friday night before the Murderwell game the team stayed in the Holiday Inn at Glasgow airport ... strange is it not given it's past Motherwell and the airport being a busy and hardly quiet location.

Pretty scabby place too, we stayed there a couple of months ago before an early morning flight

The People's Chimp
I think its more likely "If The OP's friend at the Holiday Inn" is to be believed. I know from previous visits back here (when I was living in the States) I would stay at Dalmahoy and the team were often there on a Friday night. Ive no idea if this is still the case but it would make sense if they were then up at Riccarton on the Sat morning

I don't think that Hearts and Dalmahoy get on so well anymore.

That's fantastically interesting, Sharon. Thank God we've got people around like you in the know.

I thought it was quite interesting- not fanatsically so like you - just quite interesting, given the current financial crisis chat.

They don't stay in a hotel the night before a game anymore - unless it's an away game at Aberdeen or ICT. The coach picks them up at Riccarton a couple of hours before the game which is why they were there on sat when they found out the game was off

That's fantastically interesting, Sharon. Thank God we've got people around like you in the know.

Where's the need in being a ******?

Guest S.U.S.S.
My best mate is a manager for the Holiday Inn and phoned me as it struck him as strange, it does seem weird. It's a wonder places like Murray Park dont have 20 or 30 rooms for such a thing, night before a big game everybody locked away and they leave from there.

Should your mate be phoning people to say who is in his hotel?

No, it's a breach of confidentiality. Although I used to do the same:laugh:

I hope those schemey hopeless pracks fae Wishaw reimburse us !!!

Guest S.U.S.S.

Thought so!

Very sad when people cant take pride in their work and do their best for their customers.

Although thanks for the pics of girls aloud in the hotel! ;)

Thought so!

Very sad when people cant take pride in their work and do their best for their customers.

Although thanks for the pics of girls aloud in the hotel! ;)

My favourite was being in the same bedroom as the lovely Rachel Stevens.

rachel-stevens-2.jpg

Say What Again

I get constant name and nationality updates on who Hibs have staying in an Edinburgh hotel.

99/100 I've never heard of them but usually check them out on Google.

I didn't realise you used to own a hotel Speedy. :)

I didn't realise you used to own a hotel Speedy. :)

Yeah that and a small football team I think they are now called Real Madrid:laugh:

Yeah that and a small football team I think they are now called Real Madrid:laugh:

Wouldn't mind seeing any "personal" Rachel pics you may have.....;)

Wouldn't mind seeing any "personal" Rachel pics you may have.....;)

I really would have got emptied for that. Rather than telling to jam their crappy hotel up their jaksey:laugh:

Feel better now ???!!! Haha

Archived