CELTIC PARK - POLICE & STEWARDS

sniffer

I have been told that the Federation has arranged for two prominent MSPs to go to Celtic Park on Saturday to observe the police and stewarding. Apparently, they complained to the MSPs and the club about the way in which our fans were treated through there last time. I have also heard that the club is sending through some of their own stewards, so that our fans are dealt with fairly. Has anyone else heard this?

:)

If true - you should have kept it quiet.

Why? The MSPs are supposed to be meeting Celtic and the police before the match and have already told them they are coming - and do you think that Celtic will allow us to deploy our own stewards in their ground without their permission? It can't be a secret for god's sake!

Why? The MSPs are supposed to be meeting Celtic and the police before the match and have already told them they are coming - and do you think that Celtic will allow us to deploy our own stewards in their ground without their permission? It can't be a secret for god's sake!

We take our own stewards to Celtic, Huns, Sheep and Vermin.

portobellojambo1

We have had our own stewards at Parkhead before. In fact there were Hearts stewards at the game last time when the s h i t hit the fan, but they looked as if they were getting ignored in the overall scheme of things. MSP's have also been at Parkhead at the request of Hearts fans before if I remember rightly.

Drylaw Hearts

You did make it sound as though it was a secret mission. :)

It would have more sensible for whoever arranged this to send the MSP's 'undercover' to saviour a typical Celtic v Hearts match day experience at Parkhead.

Giving the local fuzz a warning defeats the purpose imo.

It would have more sensible for whoever arranged this to send the MSP's 'undercover' to saviour a typical Celtic v Hearts match day experience at Parkhead.

No, that was your assumption! I was merely asking if anyone else had heard about it, as I hadn't seen it mentioned. I suppose the point of them going openly is that they don't want arrested or ejected themselves - and also they are firing a very public warning shot across the bows of the Glesca polis. David McLetchie complained to them previously about the treatment our fans got in November 2005 and I know for a fact that he didn't let the polis off the hook with the explanations that he got from them initally.

In February Hearts took through only two stewards, this time it's 10 or 12, I hear, which suggests that the club too are making a point. I think they are only there as observers though, which may account for the impression given that they were doing nothing. Why else would they increase the numbers from 2 to 12?

No, that was your assumption! I was merely asking if anyone else had heard about it, as I hadn't seen it mentioned. I suppose the point of them going openly is that they don't want arrested or ejected themselves - and also they are firing a very public warning shot across the bows of the Glesca polis. David McLetchie complained to them previously about the treatment our fans got in November 2005 and I know for a fact that he didn't let the polis off the hook with the explanations that he got from them initally.

In February Hearts took through only two stewards, this time it's 10 or 12, I hear, which suggests that the club too are making a point. I think they are only there as observers though, which may account for the impression given that they were doing nothing. Why else would they increase the numbers from 2 to 12?

Tell the truth your making this up as you go;)

Tell the truth your making this up as you go;)

That's your opinion, and you are entitled to it. My post on the other hand is based on a very good source! What's yours?

Drylaw Hearts

It's good to see them making attempts at making our trips through their more pleasant.

It really is the pit of the earth.

That's your opinion, and you are entitled to it. My post on the other hand is based on a very good source! What's yours?

Common sense:mw_rolleyes:

It's good to see them making attempts at making our trips through their more pleasant.

It really is the pit of the earth.

I agree and, if the club really are in the sh*t financially, it's good to see them putting the Hearts fans high on their priority list. It won't be cheap for them to send through 10 or 12 stewards.

monday headlines in the sun

MSPS BRING SHAME TO FOOTBALL

two members of the scottish parliament were arrested at parkhead coming to the aid of hearts fans who had been smiling celebrating there win over celtic

monday headlines in the sun

MSPS BRING SHAME TO FOOTBALL

two members of the scottish parliament were arrested at parkhead coming to the aid of hearts fans who had been smiling celebrating there win over celtic

You forgot the smiling with sectarian overtones element!

:laugh:

The People's Chimp

I've seen a prominent msp at celtic park before; he didnt look too happy about what was going on but what could he do?

Don't think he did anything afterwards either.

Quote:If true - you should have kept it quiet.

OH FFS that's two of your posts on here I agree with. I need to go lie down in a dark room.:laugh:

On Saturday we should all sit with our finger on our lips,not moving and not saying a word?! I bet we'd still see upteen ejections as they would have to come up with some excuse!!:mad:

I reckon that knowing that their behaviour is being scrutinised both the Police and the Stewards will be on their best behaviour - more like choirboys than the hit men for the Spanish Inquisition that they usually are.

Things will no doubt resort back to type on our next visit when they think no one is watching them.

Nothing would tempt me back there for a Celtic/Hearts match however - too many memories of seeing people treated like absolute garbage by these clowns, so I no longer give them my money.

More likely to be reported as:

"Hearts-supporting MSPs in undeclared free junket to away game shocker caught singing The Sash"

Sexton Hardcastle

Anyone know of somewhere near the ground and okay to park the motor? Dont want to pay some wee pleb a few quid either.

Anyone know of somewhere near the ground and okay to park the motor? Dont want to pay some wee pleb a few quid either.

edinburgh :o:o:o:o

Call me cynical but I just cant see Hearts fans being treated in the same disgusting way if there are MSP's there. Sort of renders the whole thing a complete and utter waste of time in my opinion - Strathclyde's finest will be on their best and no doubt the stewards will be too - after all they must have already hit their targets and had their Xmas bonus for chucking out innocent fans trying to support their team.

Whats the point in warning them that they are under scrutiny - the MSP's should have been there dressed as punters and the authorities should not have been given the heads up if they really wanted to learn anything.

For what its worth, Ive been to Darkheid probably twice a season for the last three or four years and Ive done so pretty regularly since 1986. It is intimidating and you genuinely fear you will just be randomly selected and lifted. The Polis deliberately stand in front of you so you cant watch the game, the Stewards are out just waiting on the slightest excuse to chuck folk out. Meanwhile the home fans sitting to the right at the point where Hearts and Celtic fans meet give it their IRA garbage, blessings and sniper rifle chat - most of them dont even watch the game. The Polis of course do nothing - apart from going in heavy handed on Hearts fans that react to it.

Hate the place - had enough the last time hence not going tomorrow.

Wouldn't it be simpler for disenchanted Jambos to trek along to the Irish consulate in Glasgow and make a complaint there ?:mw_rolleyes:

Archived