Booing own players

JamboBannon10

Drylaw Hearts

The Arsenal fans hate Eboue.

I was down at the Emirates in April and they gave him pelters.

And tbh I can see why.....

He's mince.

The onlt time i've ever booed one of our own players was clum when he got sent off against killie and his second booking waws for a tackle that wasn;t even on the pitch an i'd paid for hospitality in the gorgie suite.

I agree that booing one of your own players isn't going to make them play better but there are some times when it is appropriate. Every so often even the best managers sign a dud and why should the fans wait for a few seasons until the manager realises his mistake or lets go of his pride when we can see he's gash after five or six matches.

p.s I'm not suggesting Eboue is gash just that there are times when i understand fans booing their own players.

Fxxx the SPFL

I think it is quite sad that fans boo any players, I personally do not there have been many times where I have been really ****ed off at a players performance but have never resorted to booing. What does annoy me is that there are times where certain players do not look as if they are playing for the jersey or trying a leg and hey they score a goal and everyone is happy and sing their name. What happened with Eboue was shocking the lad was having a nightmare game but the level of booing was embarassing.

:evilno:

Nelly Terraces

"Oooh, I get paid more in a week than double the average yearly wage in this country, but the nasty men boo me, please make them stop mummy, or I'll cwy and cwy!"

Do me a favour, if the Gooners want to give this bloke pelters, then fair do's to them. It's their cash, their team, they can do what the hell they like. More power to them I say.

I personally have not boo-ed but just how are fans meant to get their disgust across? By booing a player or substution by the manager we can at least let them know we are not happy. If everyone yelled and clapped they would think they are doing the right thing, even if the fans disagree.

I've booed Miko and Zaliukas and Ksanavicius millions of times and don't regret it. Not just because they are Lithuanian but because they are mince.

Nelly Terraces

Ever since I've supported Hearts, for over 30 years, the team has been booed. You used to be able to buy badges with 'OFFICIAL HEARTS MOANER' on it. Some of the stick back in the day, i.e. almost the entire crowd (soemtimes as 'many':mw_rolleyes: as 5000) giving the team slwo handclaps, and massive chants of 'What a Load of Rubbish' makes todays 'booing' seema bit lame.

In comparison to then, today's players get off very lightly indeed.

Of course, nowadays you've got to be seen to be all nicey nice at football, don't stand this, don't swear that, don't upset ickle refs, away fans, players here, middle class 'values' every sodding where, jeezuz, no wonder the atmos at most places is totally gash now.

Francis Albert
I've booed Miko and Zaliukas and Ksanavicius millions of times and don't regret it. Not just because they are Lithuanian but because they are mince.

Not JUST because they're Lithuanian ... honest at least.

Well at least you admit you are Xenephobic any other takers from here i could name a few....

Ever since I've supported Hearts, for over 30 years, the team has been booed. You used to be able to buy badges with 'OFFICIAL HEARTS MOANER' on it. Some of the stick back in the day, i.e. almost the entire crowd (soemtimes as 'many':mw_rolleyes: as 5000) giving the team slwo handclaps, and massive chants of 'What a Load of Rubbish' makes todays 'booing' seema bit lame.

In comparison to then, today's players get off very lightly indeed.

Of course, nowadays you've got to be seen to be all nicey nice at football, don't stand this, don't swear that, don't upset ickle refs, away fans, players here, middle class 'values' every sodding where, jeezuz, no wonder the atmos at most places is totally gash now.

Exactly the way i feel! I give about 250 quid to Hearts each year and if i'm not happy about the way they're playing then i'll ****ing well let them know about it! I couldn't care less if the person in front has sore ears or they want a peaceful afternoon out. If they want peace and quiet then stay at home and watch sportscene to find out the scores. Tynecastle can have 1 of the best atmospheres in Scotland on its day, and that is the way it should stay!

Rant over :):laugh:

Well at least you admit you are Xenephobic any other takers from here i could name a few....

As long as he has admited it....its all fine.

:mw_rolleyes:

If you want your team to perform better then you shouldn't boo your players no matter how badly they are performing.

Suppose it depends on your priorities what action you take.

Good for you, tattie-heid. I expect you booed big Zal when he scored last wek then !!!!

Johanes de Silentio

Booing your own players is just wrong.

Next time your in mid-boo, ask yourself the following question:

"How can this possibly be helpful?"

Of course it's frustrating, but maybe just tut, or mutter "****'s sake" or "Jesus Christ" or something - dinnae boo, though - 'specially when it's a young laddie who's been put in too early, but is clearly giving his best.

Address your frustrations to the coach, al la "Change it, Jefferies!"

Any player in the famous marron jersey needs your.our full backing, surely?

Gonnae no boo?

Archived