Sives - Likely to be involved in first team?

Rawrrrrrrr

Just noticed on the BBC that Sives loan spell at QOTS has ended and he is back at hearts now.

Played pretty much (if not) all the games QOTS had whilst he was there at centre half.

Anyone know if he is in the first team thoughts now? I would assume he must be otherwise he would have stayed at QOTS given they rated him, and he is quoted as wanting to stay.

Apparently he isn't good enough

Source?

Always thought he was highly rated and it was the injuries which were the problem as opposed to ability?

Charlie-Brown

Depends how his form is after his 2+ lost years thru injury, certain to have some clubs interested if he leaves hearts, massive jambo!

It's a position were short in and has more experience than McGowan or Rapnik, never seen him play myself but good luck to the lad.

As far as I've heard he's done well at QotS so hopefully will get his chance. A number of the older youngsters weren't highly thought of by Anatoly.

I've been told that when Csaba first arrived, Anatoly listed the youth players and the first team squad, which left a group of five or six players "older" youth players who had no official role according to AK.

Sorry, can't name a source. But I've never come here with any stories before so you can choose to take it or leave it.

:)

He was keen to leave Hearts back in August so i would imagine he is back as things have not worked out.

My brother is his neighbour so i will ask him tonight.

Charlie-Brown

It might be that hearts want to use the next 3 weeks to take another look at him after a decent loan spell before deciding in january?

Malcolm Tucker

I was a ballboy one season and got to watch the 19's and reserves when they played at Tynecastle. Sives was always a better prospect (IMO) than Berra. Sives, Berra, Pelosi, Strickland all looked like good players at the time, only Berra came through.

I'd expect Sives to leave FWIW.

Say What Again

I was a charity do for Tynie Boys Club a few weeks ago and Sives was sitting right in front of me.

He didn't seem to think he'd ever be given a chance at Hearts.

Winston Ingram

The timing of his return is interesting, though, as Queens were apparently keen to keep him. Actually suggests he will be needed at Tynie or they would have let him stay in Dumfries.

He only joined them on an emergency loan which can last for a maximum of 93 days due to his age so I dont think it could have been extended which is why he is back.

It will be interesting to see if he plays a part between now and January before Rapnik, if not you would imagine he will be let go if QOTS or anyone else will take over his contract.

Say What Again
Didn't he sink the Hibees in the 'Festival' cup with a couple of goals?

He certainly scored the opener in a 3-1 win at Tynecastle.

Thig Ar Latha

I've only seen him play once in a preseason friendly at Brechin when Hearts had a young Team playing. Both Berra and Sives were playing and both were outstanding. They both looked like they had a great partnership and bags of potential.

It was only one game and it was a few years ago, but looked promising. I'd be disappointed if he did'nt make the grade.

Didn't he sink the Hibees in the 'Festival' cup with a couple of goals?

he scored the 1st goal in our 3-1 win at tynecastle over them. The 2nd and last festival cup cause it was a load of shaness.

Still another 2 wins for us over hibs though so always worth a mention!

I'm mates with his brother, He was told by his agent that he was on the transfer list with a crazy price tag on his head so he went to see csaba about this but was told that he wasnt making the decisions so he went to see A.K. and he was told this was not the case but offers for every player will be considered, so he is none the wiser to where his future lies but cos of his age and amount of years out injured he needs to be playing 1st team at some sort of level,as much as he wants it to be hearts he's happy to play for anyone

Winston Ingram
He only joined them on an emergency loan which can last for a maximum of 93 days due to his age so I dont think it could have been extended which is why he is back.

It will be interesting to see if he plays a part between now and January before Rapnik, if not you would imagine he will be let go if QOTS or anyone else will take over his contract.

Not sure if he can play before January. You cant play for 2 teams in the "closed" period between transfer windows, can you?

More likely to feature if Berra is sold.

Not sure if he can play before January. You cant play for 2 teams in the "closed" period between transfer windows, can you?

Surely when?

Surely when?

I would speculate that Berra will only go if Hearts get a suitable offer. But you have more of the inside track than me PTBCAL.

People seem to think it's an absolute given that Berra will be sold, but I would speculate that the transfer market will be just as dead as the housing market this January.

Charlie-Brown
I would speculate that Berra will only go if Hearts get a suitable offer. But you have more of the inside track than me PTBCAL.

People seem to think it's an absolute given that Berra will be sold, but I would speculate that the transfer market will be just as dead as the housing market this January.

I'm enjoying your posts these days Martin, I think your new avatar must be having a beneficial effect. :)

Johanes de Silentio

Sives has aye looked fairly solid in the (admittedly) few games I've seen him in.

I suspect that he's maybe missed the boat, possibly due to injuries, and could be destined for Robbie Horn territory.

If Q.O.S. want him, and he's gonnae get 1st team fitba, he should go, IMO - and he'd get to play alongside Neil Mcfarlane.

If Berra goes, I'd like to see Kari in there, or McGowan or Rapnik in there before Sives.

I seem to remember that George Burley and his team (who seemed to know a player when they saw one) didnae rate Craig, so they got him pumped tae Partick?

Must admit I wouldnt mind if Sives got a go in place of Zaliukas :D Berra and Sives were good together a fair while ago so maybe again.

Charlie-Brown
Sives has aye looked fairly solid in the (admittedly) few games I've seen him in.

I suspect that he's maybe missed the boat, possibly due to injuries, and could be destined for Robbie Horn territory.

If Q.O.S. want him, and he's gonnae get 1st team fitba, he should go, IMO - and he'd get to play alongside Neil Mcfarlane.

If Berra goes, I'd like to see Kari in there, or McGowan or Rapnik in there before Sives.

I seem to remember that George Burley and his team (who seemed to know a player when they saw one) didnae rate Craig, so they got him pumped tae Partick?

Your last paragraph is not accurate Albert, Sives missed almost all of 2005-06 season with a back injury and only played a couple of games at the end of the season - the following season 2006-07 he did go to Partick to get some gametime and played about a dozen matches before getting a hernia/groin injury that kept him out for almost 18 months, he's lucky if he's played 20 games in the last 3 seasons which is a real shame for the kid - he deserves some good luck in football.

Emergency loans are different, so I think he can play, I am almost sure players loaned out on emergency loans from other clubs have returned in closed periods and played.

I think its because their outwith Fifa regs and are special SFA rules.

Johanes de Silentio
Your last paragraph is not accurate Albert, Sives missed almost all of 2005-06 season with a back injury and only played a couple of games at the end of the season - the following season 2006-07 he did go to Partick to get some gametime and played about a dozen matches before getting a hernia/groin injury that kept him out for almost 18 months, he's lucky if he's played 20 games in the last 3 seasons which is a real shame for the kid - he deserves some good luck in football.

Fair enough, Charlie.

I do remember hearing that Burley didnae rate him, though.

Archived