Takis Fyssas

3inaBednar

I miss you my greek god.

Your skill, your link ups with Rudi, your zidane like first touch and control.

Your runs down the left, your singing, I miss it all.

Takis, i miss you.:)

I miss you my greek god.

Get a Room!! :P

Frankenstein Jambo.

Yes, he was and still is a brilliant player. I doubt we will see a player like him play for hearts ever again. Best Hearts left back ever in my opinion.

Drylaw Hearts

In 2005/2006 he Takis was exceptional.

Him and Rudi were a partnership made in Hearts Heaven.

Why it was jepordised with the signing of Jose Goncalves is beyond me.

I miss you my greek god.

I agree with your sentiments, bar the homo-eroticism of the first line.

Buffalo Bill

He was pretty pish his second season tbh, was no better than wallace or jose.

First season he was immense and easily the best LB in scotland, among the top in the UK at that time.

Shame we didnt get him a few years earlier

Frankenstein Jambo.
He was pretty pish his second season tbh, was no better than wallace or jose.

First season he was immense and easily the best LB in scotland, among the top in the UK at that time.

Shame we didnt get him a few years earlier

He was one of our outstanding player our second season IMO.

Fyssas was exceptional in his first three months at Hearts, linking superbly with Rudi and generally looking a class act. I think his wife had a baby in early December and it seemed to coincide with a drop in form, whether it was to do with that or other reasons I don't know but the parting of the ways came at the right time. His short time at Hearts reminded me of the excellent job Neil Pointon did for Hearts before stepping aside for Gary Naysmith.

"champions league, la la la la, champions league, la la la"

Takis, my greek adonis, I miss you Takis.

He was a crackin player, one of my favourite ever. Hope he comes back to the club one day in a coach or even manager role. On that line we have a massive number of ex players who would be welcome as coaches. Tam Flogel or Rousset anyone?

MackaysCentreSpot
Yes, he was and still is a brilliant player. I doubt we will see a player like him play for hearts ever again. Best Hearts left back ever in my opinion.

He is not playing now. He played just a couple of games for Panathinaikos and he silently decided to retire from football.

Probably the best left-back you've seen, but, with respect, those of us old enough to have seen George Thomson, Davie Holt, Peter Oliver, etc., might argue with that contention.

IIRC, Davie Holt was kept out of the Scotland team by Eric Caldow of Rangers, ( a good player so that was acceptable). When Caldow broke his leg we thought that Davie would get his chance, but the left-back berth in the national team was given to a Rangers reserve. (His name was Provan I think). I stand to be corrected, but that's how I remember it.

Some things never change.

donaldius fordovich
Probably the best left-back you've seen, but, with respect, those of us old enough to have seen George Thomson, Davie Holt, Peter Oliver, etc., might argue with that contention.

IIRC, Davie Holt was kept out of the Scotland team by Eric Caldow of Rangers, ( a good player so that was acceptable). When Caldow broke his leg we thought that Davie would get his chance, but the left-back berth in the national team was given to a Rangers reserve. (His name was Provan I think). I stand to be corrected, but that's how I remember it.

Some things never change.

Don't forget the late, great Arthur mann

Don't forget the late, great Arthur mann

Thank you.

I'm glad to be reminded of him, and to include him as a contender.

Rudi is about to play for Southampton as a left back.

The Owner is short of cash as a debt for the Stadium.

Worth a punt?

He is not playing now. He played just a couple of games for Panathinaikos and he silently decided to retire from football.

I believe Takis is now the Greek FA'S technical director and international scout for upcoming or "fringe" players on behalf of their national manager

Gimme an H...
Rudi is about to play for Southampton as a left back.

The Owner is short of cash as a debt for the Stadium.

Worth a punt?

Sounds familiar...

Archived