Gordon Strapon - Patronising Bas**d.

The People's Chimp

The People's Chimp

He really is an irritating little nyaff.

I thought it was pretty good that hibs beat celtic yesterday; i hate the old firm with a passion and don't think that the result will come back to haunt us.

Rankin's goal was hilarious coming as it did against Boruc.

But is there any need for this?

"And Celtic manager Gordon Strachan was remaining diplomatic about his thoughts over the latest error.

"The goal is self-explanatory," he said. "It's there for the world to see.

"It will be 10 years before the kid has another hit like that and something like that happens."

John rankin is 25.

Gimme an H...
He really is an irritating little nyaff.

I thought it was pretty good that hibs beat celtic yesterday; i hate the old firm with a passion and don't think that the result will come back to haunt us.

Rankin's goal was hilarious coming as it did against Boruc.

But is there any need for this?

"And Celtic manager Gordon Strachan was remaining diplomatic about his thoughts over the latest error.

"The goal is self-explanatory," he said. "It's there for the world to see.

"It will be 10 years before the kid has another hit like that and something like that happens."

John rankin is 25.

Hate is a strong word but there really is no other person in world football that I hate more than that man.

He's right. It will be a long time before he ever scores such a bizarre goal again.

People just get worked up so easily over little things. :biggrin:

I Feckin hate that wee hobo tosser with a fervour.

He thinks he comes across as a cheeky chappie with a good sense of humour whereas actually he comes across as an arrogant winker with an enormous chip on his shoulder. Did you see his behaviour at that press conference when he was asked about the link with the Sunderland job? What an utter nob.

I would never ever tire of stomping on the wee *****s stupid ginger head.:mad:

scottish_chicP

He thinks he comes across as a cheeky chappie with a good sense of humour whereas actually he comes across as an arrogant winker with an enormous chip on his shoulder. Did you see his behaviour at that press conference when he was asked about the link with the Sunderland job? What an utter nob.

That about sums up how I feel about the man

strachan is a total welt. he'd never go to sunderland, not in a million years, purely because that would represent some element of challenge. im sure strachan is more than comfy being the wealthiest team in the SPL, chairmen throwing money left right and centre for players etc. Not to mention the blatant bias of the GFA in his favour.

Strachan has a history of bottling it when it gets tough. Sunderland would be tough. Guaranteed bottom half of the Premier League, possibly a relegation battle, and less spending power.

The wee nyaff is in his comfort zone - and so long as he is we'll have to put up with his snide wee comments every week. Lets not get worked up over such vile people, personally i think the man is laughable.

Fozzyonthefence
strachan is a total welt. he'd never go to sunderland, not in a million years, purely because that would represent some element of challenge. im sure strachan is more than comfy being the wealthiest team in the SPL, chairmen throwing money left right and centre for players etc. Not to mention the blatant bias of the GFA in his favour.

Strachan has a history of bottling it when it gets tough. Sunderland would be tough. Guaranteed bottom half of the Premier League, possibly a relegation battle, and less spending power.

The wee nyaff is in his comfort zone - and so long as he is we'll have to put up with his snide wee comments every week. Lets not get worked up over such vile people, personally i think the man is laughable.

Agree with pretty much all of that except the spending power bit. Sunderland have much more spending power than Celtic. I think Keane spent around ?80m

Millfield_Mackem

Dont be soo sure. Quinn has set aside 50 million for the next two transfer window. That is quite a bit of spending power, dontcha think?

Keane has spent 60 million in two seasons. We have the cash to pull in big players. Based on spending power, we are up there with the big boys.

Supposdly, he walked out on his press conference when he was asked about the link to our vacant managers job. I think the only reason i'd appoint him, is if we fancied a laugh in post match interviews, even then i'd much rather have Ian Holloway.

Jimmy McNulty
He's right. It will be a long time before he ever scores such a bizarre goal again.

People just get worked up so easily over little things. :biggrin:

Makween in defending Strachan shocker!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Does that make you a tim-pathiser? ;)

Typical Strachan...Rankin may not manage too many goals like that but the simple fact is that his supergoalie made an utter twit of himself. We know it, Rankin knows it and Strachan knows it perfectly well too.

Hibs did well yesterday and if it wasn't for the fact that I think it makes our job more difficult next week, I'd be pleased for them...it's always good to see someone taking 3 points from one of the uglies.

As for Strachan, he used to be vaguely amusing...now he just comes across as bitter, twisted and hugely defensive. Someone should maybe tell him that the journalists aren't asking questions for their own good, these are actually things that his own supporters might like to hear about too. The world does not revolve around Gordon Strachan.

Dont be soo sure. Quinn has set aside 50 million for the next two transfer window. That is quite a bit of spending power, dontcha think?

Keane has spent 60 million in two seasons. We have the cash to pull in big players. Based on spending power, we are up there with the big boys.

Supposdly, he walked out on his press conference when he was asked about the link to our vacant managers job. I think the only reason i'd appoint him, is if we fancied a laugh in post match interviews, even then i'd much rather have Ian Holloway.

Where does Sunderland?s money come from?

Strachan would jump at the Sunderland job if it was offered to him. Tricky thing is that if he even drops the slightest hint that he is interested or not "minded towards Celtic" then the large section of the Tic support who wait for him to trip up and have never warmed to him, will be joined by others...

I find it quite depressing where all this "hate" comes from. He was a tremendous player and might be annoying because he's so opinionated but he's earned the right to do that. It's sad that we trash our own so easily - it's such a British thing.

And be honest, he occasionally comes out with the odd gem.

I find it quite depressing where all this "hate" comes from. He was a tremendous player and might be annoying because he's so opinionated but he's earned the right to do that. It's sad that we trash our own so easily - it's such a British thing.

I presume your wearing full body armour for all the incoming;)

I presume your wearing full body armour for all the incoming;)

Looking forward to it mate. I'm certainly not the biggest fan of the institution where he chooses to ply his trade but we just have a mindset that throws words like "hate" around too readily.

In his words " Down negative man."

Looking forward to it mate. I'm certainly not the biggest fan of the institution where he chooses to ply his trade but we just have a mindset that throws words like "hate" around too readily.

In his words " Down negative man."

Good on ye mate...Go for it!:)

Millfield_Mackem
Where does Sunderland?s money come from?

Strachan would jump at the Sunderland job if it was offered to him. Tricky thing is that if he even drops the slightest hint that he is interested or not "minded towards Celtic" then the large section of the Tic support who wait for him to trip up and have never warmed to him, will be joined by others...

The irish group of lads who run various businesses e.g Pubs, Building firms. We have the richest bloke in ireland on board Mulryan.

We just had some Yank called Ellis Short come on board, who's company is a billion pound business. He has bankrolled this seasons and is plannin on bankrolling next seasons shopping spree.

In other words, spending power isnt one of our weaknesses.

The People's Chimp

I can see what you're saying but the OP was certainly more about strapon's condescending attitude towards hibs and towards rankin. The guy is 25 and he's calling him a kid. That's a total lack of respect.

I can see what you're saying but the OP was certainly more about strapon's condescending attitude towards hibs and towards rankin. The guy is 25 and he's calling him a kid. That's a total lack of respect.

He is a kid. Your attitude to what is and is not a young one changes as you get older. I'm in my forties and quite honestly, anyone in a previous decade is a young 'un. It's what keeps us young!

I was in the Shed at Chelsea for a Leeds game. Strachan got dogs abuse for the second half. Near the end, he came over to take a corner and dropped his shorts. The same 2500 people who'd had being giving him it tight laughed and applauded him. In the same vein, I totally understand why Cantona did what he did. If you or I were to hand out that kind of abuse to a stranger on the street, we'd expect a reaction.

How can you "hate" Strachan? None of us know him. He's a good family man and that's what maybe we all aim to be. You can dislike him, yes, but hate, no.

We should be proud that whatever his football persuasion, an Edinburgh man has done good. I'm really proud of his excellence - but I feckin dislike all the teams he's played for and managed!

David

I P Knightley

Hud oan! Are we sticking up for a hobo? :P

I had a conversation obout 25 years ago with a bloke who was a Hibs 'suit' at the time. Don't remember his name but we were chatting about Aberdeen (where I was at Uni) and I remember him telling me that Strachan was a Hibby and had talked - to hibsblokey - about playing for them.

Has anyone else heard stories of WGS having hibs leanings?

I had a conversation obout 25 years ago with a bloke who was a Hibs 'suit' at the time. Don't remember his name but we were chatting about Aberdeen (where I was at Uni) and I remember him telling me that Strachan was a Hibby and had talked - to hibsblokey - about playing for them.

He is a Hibby. He also played for the sheep who I probably dislike even more than the OF.

I can still acknowledge him as an outstanding man in his profession.

I remember him from school.

He was a hibby cant then.

Sure he signed S form with the hobos and was then freed to Dundee.

The People's Chimp
He is a kid. Your attitude to what is and is not a young one changes as you get older. I'm in my forties and quite honestly, anyone in a previous decade is a young 'un. It's what keeps us young!

I was in the Shed at Chelsea for a Leeds game. Strachan got dogs abuse for the second half. Near the end, he came over to take a corner and dropped his shorts. The same 2500 people who'd had being giving him it tight laughed and applauded him. In the same vein, I totally understand why Cantona did what he did. If you or I were to hand out that kind of abuse to a stranger on the street, we'd expect a reaction.

How can you "hate" Strachan? None of us know him. He's a good family man and that's what maybe we all aim to be. You can dislike him, yes, but hate, no.

We should be proud that whatever his football persuasion, an Edinburgh man has done good. I'm really proud of his excellence - but I feckin dislike all the teams he's played for and managed!

David

Where in the OP did it talk about hate?

I called him an irritating wee nyaff and a patronising bas**rd. He's nothing more to me.

DuffJimmy1875

Strachan is rapidly making Uncle Wattie look like a fecking master of diplomacy with his increasingly bitter and twisted post-match interviews. I don't hate him, but he seems to be full of some spite or something - I struggle to see why else he finds it so impossible to watch the same match as the rest of us when Celtc lose.

Apparently John Rankin "ran out of ideas" - JR had the ball for about 2 seconds and in those 2 seconds was quick enough to put into practice what he'd been training at throughout the week. And maybe it will be 10 years before he scores a similar goal, but that's only because it may well be 10 years before he comes up against such a hopeless goalie as "The Holey Goalie".

David

i hate him family man or not!!

Makween in defending Strachan shocker!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Does that make you a tim-pathiser? ;)

Makween was not defending Strachan. Makween was saying that it was a nothing comment mentioned in the OP.

David

Do you know why Alex Ferguson hates his ****ing guts and said he wasn't to be trusted. In fact he was so pist off he even mentioned it in his autobiography.

Strapon has no class , is NOT funny (not in the slightest) , he is disrespectful and patronising. Apart from that he is a top bloke , I'm sure.

Archived