Berras Value

Captain Scarlett

we wont sell him until the summer. He is not one of our big earners.

Quite right. People seem to assume because he is our captain, he is a big earner. But I'm sure he's been on the same contract for a bit now...I doubt he's earning more than, say ?4-5K a week...

Same goes for Driver...he's only 21 for god sake! He won't be on high wages.

What I don't get is why we have not released Makela.

We got rid of the lecherous Beslija so why not get rid of Makela too?

Same goes for Basso....what a waste of space :evilno:

Guest JamboRobbo

We can't just get rid. They need to agree a pay off.

perhaps Bes was willing to take a more reasonable % of his remaining contract, whereas Makela is not. Most likely explanation I can think of.

Thats the problem with signing diddies on big money 3 year contracts. Not so easy to get rid of them :P

Drylaw Hearts

But he is one of the few that is actually worth anything and when your short on cash you normally sell your most valuable asset.

Skivingatwork

A lot of people tend to be equating our best players as our highest earners, which is simply not the case.

Whilst Berra and Driver are probably two of our biggest assets in terms of value, I doubt very much that they are even in the top five highest eaners.

I believe those to be (in no particular order):

Kingston

Nade

Makela

Karipidis

Neilson

Robbie's name may come as a surprise but i'm pretty sure he got an enhanced deal at the same time as Pressley, Gordon & Hartley!

There have already been some huge cuts in the wages over the past 2 years, add to the above:

Janny

Bednar

Tall

Beslija

Pinilla

Fyssass

If we could get rid of Kingston, Nade, Makela in January then I think the turnover to wages ratio will be drastically less than the 156% quoted at the end of the 2006/07 season that the papers keep rolling out. Take a step back for a moment and think about everyone who was included in that and you will realise it can be nowhere near that now...surely!

Nelly Terraces

By the time this jerkoff has left he'll have made a million quid in wages out of us. Quite frightening.

My season ticket money for the last 5 years would barely make up half that blunts weekly wage. No wonder we are in the financial do-do's.

As for Berra, I'd take TEN million on the 12th of January 2009(;)), or 'only' eight million at the end of season!:tongue:

Basso as well, forgot about him.

So Basso, Audrey, Kello or Balogh, Mrowiec, Makela, Mole, Clum and if he's not fit by January, Mr Tullberg should all be shown the door if we need to cut costs.

Considering where we've come from, we really have a very small squad. Any of the above jokers places can be taken by youths and I doubt they'd do any less well.

Drylaw Hearts

So Basso, Audrey, Kello or Balogh, Mrowiec, Makela, Mole, Clum and if he's not fit by January, Mr Tullberg should all be shown the door if we need to cut costs.

Considering where we've come from, we really have a very small squad. Any of the above jokers places can be taken by youths and I doubt they'd do any less well.

Banks will probably be shown the door also.

I can also see a whole host of Youth players getting the heave.

Banks will probably be shown the door also.

I can also see a whole host of Youth players getting the heave.

They probably should as well.

Csaba seems to think we have huge squads of younger players with no chance of making the first team.

Charlie-Brown

Any players transfer value can only ever be based on what other clubs are willing or able to pay for the player and this can vary, at the turn of the millenium their was some astronomical transfer fees paid for players then it settled down for about 5 years before prices jumped again in the last couple of years however with the credit crunch there is likely to be reduction in overall transfer activity & fees paid in forthcoming transfer windows.

judging by the money Chelsea & man utd spend on players who most of us have never heard of, then by these standards berra should be around ?4-5m. With Vlad demanding top dollar for players these days, which isn't a bad thing, then a january sale could bring in about ?10-12m

Gimme an H...
This thread's unbelievable.

Berra's worth ?1.5 - 2M, which is what we'll get for him.

I'm sorry but if Celtic and Rangers can tug each other to be the first to pay ?2.5million for Glen Loovens, Berra is worth double.

I'm sorry but if Celtic and Rangers can tug each other to be the first to pay ?2.5million for Glen Loovens, Berra is worth double.

Loovens wasn't worth ?2.5 million either. He went for it because he was leaving an English club. Berra's leaving a Scottish club (obviously), so we'll get what he's actually worth, ie about ?2 million tops.

Guest JamboRobbo

We turned down ?1.5M in the summer for Berra.

Since then, he's come on hugely as a player, established himself as a captain worthy of the name, become a regular in the Scotland squad and is on the verge of breaking into the national team (according to the manager recently).

Anyone willing to sell him for 1.5M or 2M must be off their rocker.

I spoke to him on Saturday in Y Not and the impression I got was he is away and is happy about it. Think this media spin on wanting to stay is to show what a model pro he is and to add to the transfer fee and any subsequent wages he's likely to command at his new club.

If we can perpetuate the rumours about Chelsea and Man Utd being interested then we could possibly add a little onto the deal. I think that we will get between two and three Million for him.

So Basso, Audrey, Kello AND Balogh, Mrowiec, Makela, Mole, Clum and if he's not fit by January, Mr Tullberg should all be shown the door if we need to cut costs.

Looking at the current squad, we could perm the above names plus the undermentioned..

Banks (if we ain't gonna pay him we would be as well getting rid)

Mikoliunas (already intimated he wants a change)

Cesnauskis (not good enough often enough)

Thomson (not good enough)

Zaliukas (not good enough)

Stewart (not good enough often enough)

That is fifteen out, I suspect that Aguiar will not renew, Karipidis will return home and Kingston will leave in January.

We could still field a semi decent side of MacDonald, Neilson (until we can find a real right back) Berra, Rapnik, Wallace, Templeton, Palazuelos, Jonsson, Driver, Nade, Glen.

Frankenstein Jambo.

I think berra will stay until the summer because we will still recieve a good fee for him, incuding driver.

Kinston will be sold for around 1-2 million.

Aguiar maybe 500k tops.

Elliot IS on 7k a week (Source not important). He will be away for a nominal fee.

Mole is on 4 grand a week. (as above) So he will be punted.

Karipidas and miko both want a return to the homeland so i believe. They will both be punted.

Nade is on 15 k a week plus goal bonus so he will be punted for sure.

I don't think berra or driver will be leaving.

I think berra will stay until the summer because we will still recieve a good fee for him, incuding driver.

Aguiar maybe 500k tops.

Elliot IS on 7k a week (Source not important). He will be away for a nominal fee.

Karipidas and miko both want a return to the homeland so i believe. They will both be punted.

:rofl: you have to be kidding me

Aguiar maybe 500k tops.

does he have to pay some of the wages back if he only scores 1 goal a season?

Frankenstein Jambo.
:rofl: you have to be kidding me

Nope. He got given a crazy contract when he showed some promis. Sums up vlad for you.

Nope. He got given a crazy contract when he showed some promis. Sums up vlad for you.

You have to be kidding me mate....

If he's on-loan at Livingston, they will be paying his wages...barely ?1,000 a week!!

Why the heck would you pay someone who is 20-21 years old ?7,000 a week. I don't believe it for a second.

If that is the case...then he can GTF

Drylaw Hearts
You have to be kidding me mate....

If he's on-loan at Livingston, they will be paying his wages...barely ?1,000 a week!!

Why the heck would you pay someone who is 20-21 years old ?7,000 a week. I don't believe it for a second.

If that is the case...then he can GTF

I think CE is on a lot more than ?1k per week.

I was told at the time of VR's phase of dishing out deasl to promising youngsters that Elliot, Mole, Driver, Berr and Wallace were all given pretty substantial contracts.

Btw.....

Taking a player on loan does not always mean you take on the entire wage.

I think CE is on a lot more than ?1k per week.

I was told at the time of VR's phase of dishing out deasl to promising youngsters that Elliot, Mole, Driver, Berr and Wallace were all given pretty substantial contracts.

Btw.....

Taking a player on loan does not always mean you take on the entire wage.

I know it doesn't....but 7 grand a week...

.......i'll get myself a whisky...DOUBLE. :hae36:

given vlad's track record with transfers i think its reasonable to expect him to get around ?2.5m/?3m for berra if there is 2 or 3 clubs interested in him, providing he stays in his current form......................

Considering the EEN are sticking ?4m tags on Steven Fletcher, I reckon we can stick similar tags on Berra since Berra is a more valuable asset.

glad you've seen the light mate I know you weren't his biggest fan sometimes. :P

Christ, I have Neilson in the team!!!!

Truth be told, I have not seen many games recently and I hear good things about both players. You can only slate a boy for playing rubbish when he is playing rubbish. :)

Lecherous? Vlad's not keen on that right enough.

How much do u think hes worth and how much do u actually think we could get for him?
Without looking at any other posts, i personally would ask for 3 million.

Part would probably have to be based on more money based on appearances to eventually get the 3 mill.

A homebred player, future regular internationalist, standing out a mile just now.....i don`t think we should be pushed over on this one. The lad has pace, is strong and dependable and from what i have seen recently rarely makes mistakes and has really matured in a short time.

Without looking at any other posts, i personally would ask for 3 million.

Part would probably have to be based on more money based on appearances to eventually get the 3 mill.

A homebred player, future regular internationalist, standing out a mile just now.....i don`t think we should be pushed over on this one. The lad has pace, is strong and dependable and from what i have seen recently rarely makes mistakes and has really matured in a short time.

Agree Debut, wish I could find that Berra thread where he wiz hung drawn and quartered on here!!

Plus having to play alongside Bombscare for the last few seasons he deserves a medal. Hope he goes Down South, not along the M8 and goes on to prove how good a player he is becoming.

What scares me though is who is next to play alongside "you know who":mw_rolleyes:

worth at least 5 million imo, hopefully our financial situation isn't as bad as it seems and we can hold out for his true value. Vidic went to the man utd for 7million when still a raw player in an average league and was 27 at the time, I think Berra has similar qualities and has all the attributes to be a top defender

If we can keep hold of the core of the current team and sell one or two players tops in each window over the next few years I think we could secure the future of the club by getting the debt down to a reasonable level if we can get rid of some of the duds on high wages soon.

Archived