Parkhead next stop.

stephanepaille

stephanepaille

So its Parkhead for the JT's next week and to be honest we have to go there fancying our chances after what can only be described as a dismal display from back to front from the smellies today.

I always have this feeling though that Celtic seem to raise it that wee bit more against us than they do Hibs...probably because we are the bigger team but they turn it into a cup tie type of game against us and we will have to be at the races.

But im very confident that we can go there and get a result whether that be a draw or manage a victory.

I also notice that on the Hibs.net they are getting all excited about catching us and also Craig Conway of United going on about being third......we werent beaten yesterday...the game was off so still 5 wins on the bounce and we do have that game in hand....looks good to me.:D

Absolutely no chance! I mean seriously, the days when Hearts could expect to go to Glasgow and win and long gone. The fact that Celtic lost today just makes it even more unlikely. I doubt anyone can remember the last time they lost back to back league matches, perhaps someone could look into the stats. But i'm guessing it wasn't within the past 10 years.

Absolutely no chance! I mean seriously, the days when Hearts could expect to go to Glasgow and win and long gone. The fact that Celtic lost today just makes it even more unlikely. I doubt anyone can remember the last time they lost back to back league matches, perhaps someone could look into the stats. But i'm guessing it wasn't within the past 10 years.

I relunctantly need to agree with HOG:D

Cant beat a bit of confidence building. Your such a joy. With all due respect take your negativity and stick up your Hobo behind.

Doctor FinnBarr
So its Parkhead for the JT's next week and to be honest we have to go there fancying our chances after what can only be described as a dismal display from back to front from the smellies today.

I always have this feeling though that Celtic seem to raise it that wee bit more against us than they do Hibs...probably because we are the bigger team but they turn it into a cup tie type of game against us and we will have to be at the races.

But im very confident that we can go there and get a result whether that be a draw or manage a victory.

I also notice that on the Hibs.net they are getting all excited about catching us and also Craig Conway of United going on about being third......we werent beaten yesterday...the game was off so still 5 wins on the bounce and we do have that game in hand....looks good to me.:D

Yep, catch us if you can! Err, we're 7 goals behind you but with a game in hand. Ditto Final Score yesterday, the wee bit at the bottom of the screen said "United tighten their grip on 3rd spot"!

:mad:

Cant beat a bit of confidence building. Your such a joy. With all due respect take your negativity and stick up your Hobo behind.

With all due respect, i can't take that from someone who thinks they're Terry Wogan. I mean come on! What kind of curtain twitcher are you! And you're just annoyed because you know I'm right. However, if your willing to back it up with a wager....... :mw_rolleyes:

You should do the team talk. You're such an inspiration. :mw_rolleyes:

Buffalo Bill

With all due respect, i can't take that from someone who thinks they're Terry Wogan. I mean come on! What kind of curtain twitcher are you! And you're just annoyed because you know I'm right. However, if your willing to back it up with a wager....... :mw_rolleyes:

HOG, i agreed with your statement but don't be an erse challenging a jambo to bet on "US" getting shafted - showing your colours again:evilno:

Have you honestly seen Celtic looking so absolutely average though ?

I don't know what the ins and outs are at their club but if players like Naka don't feature and McGeady and Samaras only come on as a late subs, one surely has to wonder if WGS has maybe 'lost' the dressing room ?

Unfortunately we might reap the whirlwind next week though :mad:

HOG, i agreed with your statement but don't be an erse challenging a jambo to bet on "US" getting shafted - showing your colours again:evilno:

Its a good way to sort out the bullsh*tters though. Those who log on here daily just to take a pop at me probably secretly know that I'm right but just don't like me saying it. I will say it again, there is no chance of Hearts going to Celtic park and winning. That is based on several things, including common sense and logic! Folk don't want to hear that, thats fine! But I'm willing to take bets (for charity) if anyone really wants to back up their words.....

Aye easily 10 years...! :mw_rolleyes:

In fact as far back as eh....let me see now...

05 April 2008 Celtic 0 Motherwell 1

29 March 2008 Rangers 1 Celtic 0

Season before ... two losses in a row, twice in the latter half of 2006/2007, then I stopped counting...

Aye they're bleedin' invincible right enough :laugh:

Aye easily 10 years...! :mw_rolleyes:

In fact as far back as eh....let me see now...

05 April 2008 Celtic 0 Motherwell 1

29 March 2008 Rangers 1 Celtic 0

Season before ... two losses in a row, twice in the latter half of 2006/2007, then I stopped counting...

Aye they're bleedin' invincible right enough :laugh:

Baseball_fail.jpg

I thought Celtic really missed Robson today, he gives the team a bit of drive and bite in midfield.

If he's still out next week and our lot are motivated I don't see any reason why we can't get a draw at least.

Its a good way to sort out the bullsh*tters though. Those who log on here daily just to take a pop at me probably secretly know that I'm right but just don't like me saying it. I will say it again, there is no chance of Hearts going to Celtic park and winning. That is based on several things, including common sense and logic! Folk don't want to hear that, thats fine! But I'm willing to take bets (for charity) if anyone really wants to back up their words.....

Listen, Hearts will always be the underdogs at Celtic Park, better Hearts teams in the past have travelled through there and got humped. But now and again we have managed to get a result at a very daunting arena.

Lets hope we can get some sort of result on Saturday, with the Hobos and Utd winning this weekend we could do with taking something.

I thought Celtic really missed Robson today, he gives the team a bit of drive and bite in midfield.

If he's still out next week and our lot are motivated I don't see any reason why we can't get a draw at least.

Apparently he's torn a muscle in his calf, out for 3-4 weeks.

I dont think there is many Hearts fans who dont realise the size of the task next week. Celtic had been on a very decent run in the league before today and they will want to bounce back next week and get the league charge back on the right track.

That said, we are on a good run ourself and confidence which results bring must be high within the camp. Csaba will no doubt be working hard all week with the players - working on systems that they feel they can contain and hurt Celtic with.

Very difficult game next week, but I would like to think that Hearts turn up with a little spring in their step and can cause Celtic problems.

We will need to defend well and work as a unit, no doubt on that - but if we be brave and want the ball and can manage to keep it - we may just get something.

Charlie-Brown

Parkhead has always been a daunting away fixture but we've managed to get some results there & can next week if we keep it tight at the back and get in about them.

Im not brimming with absolute confidence, I never am when its a trip to the cess pits in glasgow, but having watched that shower today there has to be at least a slight bit of hope, they were completely rotten, well beaten by what could be said the worst hobo team in years. Celtic have scrapped results this season with the help of many a dodgy decision from refs. They are no-where near they team they were under the speccy wee leprechaun, We all know they will be up for it now next week not just because its the famous JT's but because they were stuffed by their wee mhanky cousins today, but lets not write off our chances before we even step onto the field. Some people really need to take a look at themselves and question there loyalty.

Its not a bad thing not to be full of confidence but its surely a bad thing to write off your own team and think we will be beaten, no matter who we play.

If they've got that wage-thief Samaras in their line-up, anything can happen. When he comes on, it's the sign that Strachan is throwing in the towel.

They were desperate today - to see them allow so much space and time to a Hibs midfield which looked on paper as if it was in for a steamrollering was astonishing.

Call me paranoid if you will but there is no way a ref will allow us to win with thousands of baying weegies at him all game. The title race is between the OF and no way will either of them suffer two loses back to back. I live in hope mind:mw_rolleyes:

What odds are you offering?

You'll have to beat Skybet who are offering 8-1 on Hearts.

I think that looks a bit generous, although 4-1 the draw is probably the real value.

Celtic are 1/3 on

ToadKiller Dog

I am going along next weekend and i expect the team to get stuck in and give a performance and who knows we are capable if things go our way we might get a result,there no point in following a football team at all if you take the dung eating figoo approach to playing the old firm.

Yep,thats it . I log on daily to have a pop at you. Bearing in mind its highly unlikely ive ever responded to one of your posts.

So,there is no chance of us winning at Parkhead? Shall we not bother going then. What about the fans who have tickets? Do they know this? Your a plum. Do you often bet against the team you 'support'?:rolleyes:

It depends on how much effoert they put into beating Villareal in midweek.

If they are all knackered and we've had two weeks rest before the game, I'm expecting us to at least compete with them on their own manor.....

What odds are you offering?

You'll have to beat Skybet who are offering 8-1 on Hearts.

I think that looks a bit generous, although 4-1 the draw is probably the real value.

Celtic are 1/3 on

Hand of Glooms odds must lie somewhere between 8-1 and his stated "no chance" (a number approaching infinity I presume).

I'll meet him part way, take 10-1 and lay a 5 quid charity bet on the table now. My 50 quid winnings to Marie Curie Cancer Care should Hearts win, and Hand of Glooms 5 quid to his own preferred charity should he prevail.

ToadKiller Dog
Hand of Glooms 5 quid to his own preferred charity should he prevail.

Would that be save the dung beetle?

Since the rest of your post has been ripped up for loo roll, I thought I would finish it off. Exactly when was the emboldened statement correct?

Since the rest of your post has been ripped up for loo roll, I thought I would finish it off. Exactly when was the emboldened statement correct?

02/04/06;). Sorry but thats the only time!

02/04/06;). Sorry but thats the only time!

Hehehe!

I would love to say that I went there expecting a win, however arriving at Glasgow the day before the game I was still breekin' myself.

As said to a regularly criticised poster on here just days ago, derbies are the games I love more than any other, however I fear those games as much as I love the wins. Losing hurts like it is the end of the world, winning feels like the top of the world.

Anyway, apologies for straying so far from the topic. HOG, any answer to my question? :)

:rofl:

I missed that game. I was set to go but other things got in the way.

I dont get it!! What game was that day? I realise im going to look a bit silly but i cant recall it at all!

I dont get it!! What game was that day? I realise im going to look a bit silly but i cant recall it at all!

There are four senior clubs in Glasgow, the two smelly ones, Partick and the ones based at our national stadium.

The latter were our cup opponents on said date.

Well considering we've gotten a result there in each of the last 5 seasons, I'd say we have a good chance.

Good point.

And there have been other games where we have thrown away leads right at the death.

2-2 April 2005 and 1-2 Nov 2006 - felt sick after them. 8 MINUTES of stoppage added in the 2-1 defeat so smeltic could get their goal.:mad:

Think our record there in the last 5 years is not much worse than the gers.

Drylaw Hearts
Good point.

And there have been other games where we have thrown away leads right at the death.

2-2 April 2005 and 1-2 Nov 2006 - felt sick after them. 8 MINUTES OF STOCKAGE ADDED in the 2-1 defeat so smeltic could get their goal.:mad:

Think our record there in the last 5 years is not much worse than the gers.

Stockage ??

Doctor FinnBarr

Time after time you come on here running us down but I'm not going to say a word, instead leaving it to a smillie

:smell_hobo:

would you collect or pay out inside tynecastle on matchday :mw_rolleyes::mw_rolleyes:

Doctor FinnBarr
would you collect or pay out inside tynecastle on matchday :mw_rolleyes::mw_rolleyes:

I think (I could be wrong) you may only meet him outside Tynie on the 3rd of January when his team play there!

:107years::107years::107years:

Archived