The Karapidis Effect - catching?

Randle P McMurphy

Randle P McMurphy

I see after the success of Csaba's conversion of Kara into a defensive midfield player, the *****s and the ****** are jumping on the bandwagon. A good bit to go though before Caldwell and/or Bamba are as effective as the big man has been. The problem with these 2 is that they actually think they are creative midfielders rather than the stop gaps they really are.

Charlie-Brown

A number of teams have been using defenders in the defensive midfield position, Walter Smith has used Dailly in that role at Rangers as well as Bamba & Caldwell as you mention above. Seems to be in vogue with some managers.

I see after the success of Csaba's conversion of Kara into a defensive midfield player, the *****s and the ****** are jumping on the bandwagon. A good bit to go though before Caldwell and/or Bamba are as effective as the big man has been. The problem with these 2 is that they actually think they are creative midfielders rather than the stop gaps they really are.

Did you not see Bamba's performance today. I thought he was outstanding

Did you not see Bamba's performance today. I thought he was outstanding

He was In the second 45 minutes. That will more than likely be his good game out the way this season. From now on there will be much scratching of dandruff riddled napper's down Leith way regarding yet another Bamba disaster show.

Centre Half in Midfield is just the New 3 at the back, ala 5-4-1, 3-5-1 formation of the 90's. Just a way of hiding it.

Csaba's Broon Shoes

This sums up the SPheLL for me

The amount of stoppers snuffing out any creativity / the flair player

It's becomming a game of elimination negative cancelation

or is it already that 4-5-1 , 4-1-4-1 , 3-5-1 , 3-1-4-1-1

I blame the Italians

JJ used to do it whenever we played a decent team in Europe. Clearly he was ten years ahead of his time. :rolleyes:

It potentially has a place for the odd game to stop the other side playing - we did work it well with Alan Mclaren in some games I recall

I still debate the need for it when playing gash teams in the SPL.

alex macdonald bought center back mike galloway and played him in midfield, nothing new in this tactic, been around a long time now

Thig Ar Latha
This sums up the SPheLL for me

The amount of stoppers snuffing out any creativity / the flair player

It's becomming a game of elimination negative cancelation

or is it already that 4-5-1 , 4-1-4-1 , 3-5-1 , 3-1-4-1-1

I blame the Italians

My father blamed the English, for making a success of 4-4-2 in 1966.

Archived