Will we ever sign a new striker

willie wallace

willie wallace

With the current financial situation at the club do you think there is any chance that we will sign a new striker in January.Even if we can offload some of the higher earners i have my doubts as to whether we will be able to afford a quality player and the recent publicity about unpaid wages is not going to help much.I know Nade hasn't been scoring but he has played really well in recent weeks and we desperately need some back up in case of injury.

Hopefully Laslo can find us a goalscorer somewhere.

The White Cockade

Don't be surprised if Nade is sold and we are left with Mole/Elliot

if things are as bad financially as some think

alwaysthereinspirit

Only way we could sign a known named forward is by selling a known named existing Hearts star. Even then not sure any money would be handed over to Hearts for transfer money. So I'll go with no. We wont sign a forward worth discussing on here.

Captain Lithuania
With the current financial situation at the club do you think there is any chance that we will sign a new striker in January.Even if we can offload some of the higher earners i have my doubts as to whether we will be able to afford a quality player and the recent publicity about unpaid wages is not going to help much.I know Nade hasn't been scoring but he has played really well in recent weeks and we desperately need some back up in case of injury.

If we do it will be another pyraid signing. A big name signing is guaranteed. Someone like Ijustcannyhitthetargetauskis.

If we do it will be another pyraid signing. A big name signing is guaranteed. Someone like Ijustcannyhitthetargetauskis.

I think it is between him and Iamconstantlyinjuredauskis.

ScottishSandstorm

When Tullberg comes back, he will be like a new signing... If he ever comes back.

The Old Tolbooth

To be honest, if we do have to get rid of the highest earners, will it really be so bad? Half of the highest paid players are under performers anyway, and a decent manager with a good eye for talent (hopefully Csaba has that) can bring in players just as good on a fraction of the wage.

I'd be tempted to trawl the lower English leagues for a striker, or possibly the first division as I cant really think of many decent strikers that we would be able to afford in the SPL, and the Lithuanian under 21 defender we're apparently interested in might do a turn, surely Csaba wouldn't bring him in if he didn't think he would add something to the squad, or is someone still interfering?

Sell Nade, never a goalscorer.

Yes the lad is looking fitter ( about time aswell ) but if he is one of the high wage earners then defo get rid.

Only way we could sign a known named forward is by selling a known named existing Hearts star. Even then not sure any money would be handed over to Hearts for transfer money. So I'll go with no. We wont sign a forward worth discussing on here.

Hearts have rarely signed 'known' players. I'd be happy with a youngster from the lower leagues or more likely a loan signing until the summer.

If we do get another striker, it will probably be a short-term loan signing.

Our "signings" in the summer indicated to me that the club aren't willing to spend hard cash.

Please. No more Liths.

My hope is we sign someone we haven't heard of but is more than good enough for the SPL.

We aren't going to be able to afford a well-known accomplished finisher because they cost millions.

Why do we need a striker ??? 5 wins on the trot ... not bad.

alwaysthereinspirit
When Tullberg comes back, he will be like a new signing... If he ever comes back.

Kinda like Pingu then.

Frankenstein Jambo.

We have a potential goal-scorer in Gary Glen. Whats the fecking point in bringing in unknown player with no guarentees when you could do the exact same by bringing in a fecking youth player like glen? At least we know glen has potential.

We have a potential goal-scorer in Gary Glen. Whats the fecking point in bringing in unknown player with no guarentees when you could do the exact same by bringing in a fecking youth player like glen? At least we know glen has potential.

We can only conclude from their lack or minutes on the pitch that Laslo dosn't think glen or templeton or any of the other youths are up to it, even when Nade wasn;t fit they still didn't get a look in.

There's one every season in recent times. Tullberg this year, Beniusis last year and Arcadiusz Klimek the year before that, look out for the next injured striker to sign for us!

Archived