Murderwell again

jambojim52

Just half heard on *****anta. Did Butcher really say someone at Murderwell " FORGOT" to turn on the heating? I was busy and only just caught part of what he said.

Just half heard on *****anta. Did Butcher really say someone at Murderwell " FORGOT" to turn on the heating? I was busy and only just caught part of what he said.

Didn't hear it myself but I think he may have been refering to an incident when he was in the Motherwell 'hot seat' :D

Pretty sure he got the groundsman to 'forget' to put it on ...........when they were toiling to raise a team at one point :evilno:

Nelly Terraces

The only way they make make amends for this is by awarding Hearts the full points for this game. Mudderhell blatantly cheated us as they bottled to take on a team flying at the moment with 5wins on the spin, the last being v Rankers, knowing they'd already pocketed 2000 away fans cash and the fact their home record is lillian gish. They also know that when they take us on in this fixture we could've lost several of our better players.

That's what the GFA/GFL should do. They will, of course, do SFA.

MFC = Thieves. Burn their ground down.

NT.

By the sound of it though there was only a small area of one goalmouth that was still 'completely frozen' ?

Now surely they could have got one of those industrial size gas heaters / blowers that I've seen used to warm up a warehouse and such like ( have you seen one? looks like a miniature jet engine )

Stick a marquee over the area with one of those in it for an hour.............sorted ?

The point is just how can Murderwell justify this? If the game is to be played after the transfere window, we are clearly at a disadvantage. We have fulfiled our commitment to the league and our ground is playable, why do they get to use this to improve their chances against us. Giving the innocent team the points is IMHO the ONLY fair option. I know the SPL/GFA never will do this but why should we as fans pay to travel AND pay ( possibly dearly) in the event we sell some of our better players. This in effect could mean the difference of a top six finnish.

By the sound of it though there was only a small area of one goalmouth that was still 'completely frozen' ?

Now surely they could have got one of those industrial size gas heaters / blowers that I've seen used to warm up a warehouse and such like ( have you seen one? looks like a miniature jet engine )

Stick a marquee over the area with one of those in it for an hour.............sorted ?

Suggested this on another thread. No reason why the ground staff were not in at 8-9am and could have done something before the inspection. Cheats is too good a word for these sly, coniving B........ards

Doctor FinnBarr

The whole pitch looked frozen solid from the TV pics. They were able to drive a tractor over the pitch without damaging it but you could see on the telly where it had driven thro the frost!

MM is a lying barsteward if he claims the heating was on all night!

:evilno:

Skivingatwork

If it was only one small area of the goalmouth that was frozen/unplayable as has been mentioned by MM; why the Gregory Peck did the groundstaff feel the need to drive a tractor down the middle of the pitch that morning?

Anyone have an explanation for this?

if the same thing happened at tynecastle i'm sure the papers would be littered with headlines like"hearts electricity cut off , no spark in gorgie"

or accusations of blatant cheating.

seeing as i live in stornoway , i have not seen the sunday papers.

how bad were the headlines then

or is it only hearts that get a pasting when something happens

The fans chat-site appears embarrassed anyway

The Freeze: 24h on

By FirparkcornerSunday, 7th December 2008

The news that the SPL is to launch "an urgent and serious

enquiry" is unlikely to cause much alarm in the boardroom at

Motherwell. The Fir Park bosses are well used to explaining

the inadequacies of their playing surface.

There was no word from the chairman, secretary or the

(acting?) chief executive following Saturday's postponement.

Instead it fell to Mark McGhee to face the press. The

statement, delivered in his usual professional manner,

presented a mixture of frustration and mystery. "I want

answers," said McGhee. "If there was some sort of failing, I

want to know it's been fixed immediately."

Game off

He explained that the boiler which drives the undersoil system

was on full power and that the system had been tested. He felt

that "It is only an area within the six-yard box that I

believe has really put the game off".

It would be useful if the referee (David Somers) could make

his conclusions public. The pitch was inspected at 1000 and

1145. If only one small area was affected surely the stadium

had the resources available to cause a thaw?

The difficulty in getting to the definitive answer is,

unfortunately, buried under the pitch. We know that the

emergency work carried out in the spring to puncture the

hardened subsoil damaged the heating tubes. The work was

successful to the extent that surface water was able to reach

the drains and we were able to fulfil our home fixtures but a

legacy was left.

John Boyle had suggested that the solution was "ripping it up

and starting again" but that did not happen. The huge works

involved would take weeks and cost a fortune. The manager let

the cat out of the bag at the end of May when he let it be

known that the pipes were burst and that the club were to

invest in covers. Within a fortnight a new surface was laid

and fingers were crossed. It looks like the gamble failed.

Any financial penalty which might be levied will fall far

short of the bill which was avoided in the summer. We're past

masters at squirming out of our responsibilities for providing

playable pitches - no doubt we'll escape again.

Part of the problem is that refs are pushed to make early calls.

Frost at 8/9/10 am could well have thawed out for 3pm however, they are pushed into calls at these early hours to prevent people travelling.

If the pitch was in the condition suggested then by 3pm its likely to have been playable.

Think that the refs need to be a bit more risk taking in these inspections, especially down the leagues were almost every game every week is off.

So, the SPL are investigating and are reputed to be really rather unhappy about the two call-offs this weekend...and they have numerous sanctions available to them if the clubs in question are found to be at fault. But what are these sanctions?

There isn't a whole load of cash floating around the SPL, goodness knows we've been thinking a lot about that this week ourselves, and I'd hate it if Hearts were ever punished for being unable to pay for repairs to the heating system under the pitch. But given the number of times this has now happened, and the costs incurred by other clubs and their fans each time...surely enough is enough?

Mark McGhee can feign innocence all he likes, the circumstances surrounding this incident sound dodgy as heck anyway...

MackaysCentreSpot
Part of the problem is that refs are pushed to make early calls.

Frost at 8/9/10 am could well have thawed out for 3pm however, they are pushed into calls at these early hours to prevent people travelling.

If the pitch was in the condition suggested then by 3pm its likely to have been playable.

Think that the refs need to be a bit more risk taking in these inspections, especially down the leagues were almost every game every week is off.

Thats nonesense and you know it.

Archived