How Much?

chrishall

Given it is looking like we might be selling some of the bigger earners soon how much does everybody think they are realistically worth?

Here are my opinions:

Berra - 5 - 6M

Bruno - 3.5M

Driver - 4M

Larry - 2.5M

Rueben - 1 - 2M

Berra is rated that much as he is a good prospect for the future. Bruno would be more but has been out injured for a long time.

Given it is looking like we might be selling some of the bigger earners soon how much does everybody think they are realistically worth?

Here are my opinions:

Berra - 5 - 6M

Bruno - 3.5M

Driver - 4M

Larry - 2.5M

Rueben - 1 - 2M

Berra is rated that much as he is a good prospect for the future. Bruno would be more but has been out injured for a long time.

given he has 6 months left on his contract...:laugh:

Mr Brightside

Here are my opinions:

Berra - 5 - 6M

Bruno - 3.5M

Driver - 4M

Larry - 2.5M

Rueben - 1 - 2M

I think all of the player valuations above are on the high side with the exception of 2.5m for Kingston.

You think that is the only unrealistic his his post ? :eek::P

Only up an hour Dazo, there was a lot of information to take in that just did not compute.

I would be shocked if we could get 400k for Ruben as well, never mind over a million.

Mind you, there are some nuts clubs out there, so you never know.

:laugh:

Only up an hour Dazo, there was a lot of information to take in that just did not compute.

I would be shocked if we could get 400k for Ruben as well, never mind over a million.

Mind you, there are some nuts clubs out there, so you never know.

:laugh:

The only one that came close was Kingston but even that will be the upper limit of what we will get IMO.

Drylaw Hearts
The only one that came close was Kingston but even that will be the upper limit of what we will get IMO.

I blame the Credit Crunch.

Think you'll be miles out Chris.

Given that our wage problems are in the public domain without any form of explanation, watch for derisory offers being made by clubs who will assume (probably correctly) we desperately need to sell. I don't think mad Vlad is in a position to play hardball over any offers.

Berra - ?2.5M

Bruno - ?200k (out of contract)

Driver - ?1.75m

Larry - ?2m

Rueben - ?750k

Karapidis - ?300k (I think he is almost out of contract too)

Goncalves - ?2m

Elliot - ?250k (think he was given a sliiy contract in the Rix era)

I suspect the guys on the list will be among our big earners.

I actually hope that we get through Januuary without selling Bruno. I would love to see us raise enough from other sales to offer him a contract extension then we can sell him in summer.

I also hope we are able to hold onto Karapidis in the same way as Bruno.

Guest juvehearts

High Earners.

Makela 25-75k

Berra ?2m MAX (unlikley to be sold)

Bruno ?0 Kept until summer or at the very most ?100k

Kingston ?1m-?2m kannae see anyone buying him for more than that.

Driver ?2m (wouldnt want to be sold just yet, he fells he has still much to learn at hearts)

Nade 250-500k

Karipidis 300k? would be good if we got that

Stewart 400k.

eggy jonnsson ?2m (young verstile & very tallented, plus still has a long time left on his contract.)

Jose ?1.5m (i think?)

The Question, IF we were to get these players shifted, who would be good enough to replace them?

Upon reflection i think you all might be right.

I can't believe i suggested 3.5 for Bruno....i blame getting up early on Sunday.

Here are my opinions:

Berra - 5 - 6M

Bruno - 3.5M

Driver - 4M

Larry - 2.5M

Rueben - 1 - 2M

The value we get for any player is affected by how badly the bidder needs them and how many bidders there are. While your valuations seem optimistic who would have thought anyone would have paid ?9m for Craig Gordon or ?2.5m for Bednar.

Here are my opinions:

Berra - 5 - 6M

Bruno - 3.5M

Driver - 4M

Larry - 2.5M

Rueben - 1 - 2M

In the current cash flow problems in the world today I doubt very much we would get anywhere near your estimates.

Looks like HMFC HAVE to sell,clubs don't have to buy.

Here are my opinions:

Berra - 5 - 6M

Bruno - 3.5M

Driver - 4M

Larry - 2.5M

Rueben - 1 - 2M

And to think just this week we were slagging hibees for being delusional, some of you clearly need to get off your crack pipes.

Remember clubs know we have to sell. I reckon we will achieve, if we are lucky

Berra - 2-3mn

Bruno -0 (will simply get him off the wage bill)

Driver 1.5 -2mn

Larry 2mn

Ruben 250k

Hopefully we sell Larry for over ?2m and get a few high earners off the book - Ruben, Karapidis, Makela, Elliot and this may well tie us through until the end of the season where Bruno, Nade and Berra will go.

However I would not be shocked if 4 or 5 went in Jan.

Does anyone still think we will bring in 1 or 2 replacements? i.e Black from ICT

Guest jambomickey
Hopefully we sell Larry for over ?2m and get a few high earners off the book - Ruben, Karapidis, Makela, Elliot and this may well tie us through until the end of the season where Bruno, Nade and Berra will go.

Does anyone still think we will bring in 1 or 2 replacements? i.e Black from ICT

it's very obvious we need to get rid of the high earners but we also need to remain competitive! we need to live within our means andbe more sensible from now on

My guesses?

Kingston ?2.2m

Berra ?2m

Driver ?1.75m

Aguiar ?750K

Palazuelos ?500K

Karipidis ?500K

Nade ?500K

Think it really depends on who/how many leave and how much we get. As you say, Larry going on his own might not see players coming in, but a good number leaving for cash may see Csaba being given a small amount to play with.

Stories keep coming on Kickback that young players have been told they will ve given more of a chance in Jan. My concern with that is we could be paying a young player who has raw ability, but is not ready for first team duty - or is being over exposed to first team game time.

Virtually every market is a buyers market just now. I think if Hearts got ?2million for Kingston, another ?350,000 of the Gordon money and managed to shift Makela and Basso off the wage bill, there wouldn't be an urgent need to sell anyone else, however if the club got substantial offers in for Driver, Berra etc they would consider them, as they have done throughout our entire history bar the first year of Romanov's reign.

My guesses?

Kingston ?2.2m

Berra ?2m

Driver ?1.75m

Aguiar ?750K

Palazuelos ?500K

Karipidis ?500K

Nade ?500K

Are there buyers for all of those players at the current time? Doubtful given that many of the clubs who would be looking to take on these players are also skint at the current time.

And to think just this week we were slagging hibees for being delusional, some of you clearly need to get off your crack pipes.

Remember clubs know we have to sell. I reckon we will achieve, if we are lucky

Berra - 2-3mn

Bruno -0 (will simply get him off the wage bill)

Driver 1.5 -2mn

Larry 2mn

Ruben 250k

Agreed clubs know we have to sell but if they want a player and the bid is low then they run the risk of being outbid and losing out , the fact that they are bidding in the first place indicates that the player can do a job for them so i hope no one is sold for peanuts.

Are there buyers for all of those players at the current time? Doubtful given that many of the clubs who would be looking to take on these players are also skint at the current time.

Well - that is indeed the question. I think we already have an EPL club lined up for Kingston; no idea about the others. The current climate is precisely why I fear we'll need to sell several more players than we all hope - and I also think there will be much larger creditors coming a-calling in January.

Well - that is indeed the question. I think we already have an EPL club lined up for Kingston; no idea about the others. The current climate is precisely why I fear we'll need to sell several more players than we all hope - and I also think there will be much larger creditors coming a-calling in January.

Shaun, you can't sell anything unless there is a willing buyer. I think there is a genuine question as to whether there will be any buyers out there for some of our players. Romanov has also shown in the past, that he will accept nothing less than the reserve price he has in mind for each player and in spite of UBIG's troubles, his personal pride and wealth will see the continuation of this.

That is why I think that the most likely outcome of January, is Kingston departing, Makela, Basso and Elliot off the wage bill. If rumoured weekly wage packets are correct, that would be around ?30,000 per week off the wage bill, which would really improve the clubs cash flow and enable us to service existing debts.

Shaun, you can't sell anything unless there is a willing buyer. I think there is a genuine question as to whether there will be any buyers out there for some of our players. Romanov has also shown in the past, that he will accept nothing less than the reserve price he has in mind for each player and in spite of UBIG's troubles, his personal pride and wealth will see the continuation of this.

Not if he and UBIG literally can't afford it, they won't. If they're in trouble, it drives the price down - and he can only take what's offered, or get nothing at all.

That is why I think that the most likely outcome of January, is Kingston departing, Makela, Basso and Elliot off the wage bill. If rumoured weekly wage packets are correct, that would be around ?30,000 per week off the wage bill, which would really improve the clubs cash flow and enable us to service existing debts.

The highlighted section is a very good point , i dont think there will be a lot of clubs splashing the cash this January , hope i'm wrong though and we can get a fairish price for anyone that departs in January. I think we all know we are not going to get top dollar and i doubt very much that vlad will release any player for a pittance.

MacDonald Jardine
Not if he and UBIG literally can't afford it, they won't. If they're in trouble, it drives the price down - and he can only take what's offered, or get nothing at all.

We'll see how bad things really are, but the one thing you can't criticise Romanov for is the deals he strikes in selling players.

We'll see how bad things really are, but the one thing you can't criticise Romanov for is the deals he strikes in selling players.

I entirely agree.

portobellojambo1

We have to sell before we can buy PTBCAL. And at this time it is difficult to imagine which clubs will be in a position to buy come January. I think most clubs, irrespective of size, will go with the same approach, sell first, then buy.

But for the cycle to commence you actually need someone to buy first. Been listening to a lot of the EPL managers talking, and none of them have a clue if they will be given money come January, the only ones that are being talked about as spending are Manchester City, but I cannot see them taking any of our squad.

While HMFC may need, and want, to release players come January I honestly don't think it will be that easy to do in the current climate, unless we release them for sweeties just to get them off the payroll.

I can honestly see January being a very, very quiet transfer window, both up here and in England.

championsleaguefan
High Earners.

Makela 25-75k

Berra ?2m MAX (unlikley to be sold)

Bruno ?0 Kept until summer or at the very most ?100k

Kingston ?1m-?2m kannae see anyone buying him for more than that.

Driver ?2m (wouldnt want to be sold just yet, he fells he has still much to learn at hearts)

Nade 250-500k

Karipidis 300k? would be good if we got that

Stewart 400k.

eggy jonnsson ?2m (young verstile & very tallented, plus still has a long time left on his contract.)

Jose ?1.5m (i think?)

The Question, IF we were to get these players shifted, who would be good enough to replace them?

No chance we will sell Stewart for that money who would buy him.

Here are my opinions:

Berra - 5 - 6M

Bruno - 3.5M

Driver - 4M

Larry - 2.5M

Rueben - 1 - 2M

Berra - ?4M

Kingston - ?2.5M

Driver - ?2M

Wallace - ?1M

Jonsson - ?1.5M

Goncalves- ?1.5M

Nade - ?500k

Miko - ?300k

Karipidis - ?300k

Palazuelos - ?250k

Agiuar - ?100k (if sold in Jan)

Elliot - ?100k (tops)

Makela - ?100k (tops)

Basso - ?50k (tops)

Can see Kingston, Goncalves, Agiuar, Elliot, Makela, Basso and possibly Miko going in January.

Be gutted at losing Bruno but in all likelihood he'll be off. I think it is very important to hold onto Berra and Driver till the end of the season though.

?10m for Kingston, Berra, Driver, Mikoliunas, Goncalves, Nade, Wallace, Karipidis and Aguiar.

Each? I'd take that in January:p

:mw_rolleyes: Fun this. I'll go with the following:

Kingston ?2m

Berra ?2.25m

Driver ?1.75m

Aguiar ?250K (with his contract running out we'll do well to get that)

Palazuelos ?200K

Karipidis ?300K

Nade ?500K

Don't think there are likely to be any cash buyers out there for Palazuelos, Karipidis, Stewart, Miko or Nade. Is Goncalves not on a year long loan? In which case we won't be getting money for him in January.

But January should give us a good idea of how our/UBIGS finances really are (still don't think we know the answer to this).

Larry I'd expect to be our big sale. ?1m would suggets to me we're in trouble. ?2m would suggest we're in a position to hold out.

If Bruno is sold it will be for a couple of hundred thousand pounds, which would suggest we're in fairly serious financial problems. If our finances are better than many believe, I'd expect him to be offered a decent deal to stay with the hope that we can sell him on in a year or so.

The younger players are only likely to go if we are in real trouble too. January is the time to buy players who will go straight in to your first team. I don't think any of our youngsters are guaranteed to do that at clubs that have millions to spend. So unless the clubs feel they are getting a real bargain, I'd expect them to hold off to the summer.

Kingston ?2m

Berra ?2m

Driver ?1.5m

Aguiar ?300K

Palazuelos ?100K

Karipidis ?hawf a croon

Nade ?ten bob

Its Vlad remember no sensible offer refused......

Mild-Mannered James

I'm struggling to see us being able to afford to bring anyone in, other than maybe a couple of loanees from Kaunas.

Drylaw Hearts
....other than maybe a couple of loanees from Kaunas.

I would like to think we got the best they had to offer during the Summer as Csaba stated he could basically have his pick.

If Kello and No.16 were the best they had, then hopefully we will see no more from FBK.

Every Transfer Window since 2006 had filled me with utter dread and this one will be no different.

Archived