Bruno Bitter Reflects?

blackjambo

When I saw the headline, I thought that it must be about Frank! After all, our Bruno has just been made player of the month so he could not be bitter.

http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Paul-Forsyth-Bitter-Bruno-reflects.4769171.jp

It is quite interesting to read about Brellier's involvement - but if Bruno had been a Hibs player, the headline would be more like "Brave Hobo returns to top form after training mishap"

When I saw the headline, I thought that it must be about Frank! After all, our Bruno has just been made player of the month so he could not be bitter.

http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Paul-Forsyth-Bitter-Bruno-reflects.4769171.jp

It is quite interesting to read about Brellier's involvement - but if Bruno had been a Hibs player, the headline would be more like "Brave Hobo returns to top form after training mishap"

Interesting article, better written than the usual tabloid rubbish we get. It's interesting that he refuses to criticise Brellier too much, though reading between the lines it looks as if the tackle was a deliberate attempt to injure him.

His contract is up next summer. If we were to sell him in January we would get sweeties for him.

I hope Vlad gives him a new contract. I think he is a more important player than Kingston or Berra and we would miss him most.

I am tired of the character assassination of Julien Brellier.

Bruno is understandably upset at losing part of his career - but I don't remember these press slights at the likes of Arthur Numan after his shocker of a tackle on Gary Wales.

Bruno has said that Brellier apologised and that should be that.

It is great that Bruno has come back into the team in such great form. And he is right, the No 10 position is the right one for him. Uses his strengths and disguises his weaknesses.

Jam Tarts 1874

Bruno is entitled to his opinion on Brellier's career threatening tackle. After all, Bruno was there, unlike those who continue to be in love with Brellier.

Bruno is entitled to his opinion on Brellier's career threatening tackle. After all, Bruno was there, unlike those who continue to be in love with Brellier.

I agree that Bruno is more than entitled to his opinion.

I object to the character assassinations by press monkeys who try to imagine what Brellier's nefarious intentions were when he tackled a player on the training ground.

I think you are right, we can not pass judgement, but the article suggests he was not the only unhappy one, and indeed there were others less happy.

It seems Brellier can do or coud have done anything and people will still get all excited about him and shout about how much they love him.

Imagine if Miko or Zal were the offenders - would the fans offer the same support to them? I doubt it.

I think you are right, we can not pass judgement, but the article suggests he was not the only unhappy one, and indeed there were others less happy.

It seems Brellier can do or coud have done anything and people will still get all excited about him and shout about how much they love him.

Imagine if Miko or Zal were the offenders - would the fans offer the same support to them? I doubt it.

It was a training accident ffs, something that happens up and down the country. Also you have to remember Brelliers tackle did not keep him all this time. Bruno had various other injuries to deal with including coming back to early.

Bruno needs to get over it.

Injuries happen in football.

Also brellier's tackle broke his ankle, a relativly short term injury, where did the tumour and knee ligament damage come from?

Bruno is understandably upset at losing part of his career - but I don't remember these press slights at the likes of Arthur Numan after his shocker of a tackle on Gary Wales.

Numan played for another team and it was during a competative game. On the training pitch why carry out potential career threatening tackles.

My mate Andy Johnstone was with Liverpool when he was 18 and Graeme Souness done his knee with a typical Souness over the top tackle. Andy struggled on for two years but had to pack the game in when he was 21.

Charlie-Brown

Brellier was just a thug on the pitch and a liability, Bruno Aguiar is twice the player, his career will go upwards whilst Brellier is driftwood.

Brellier was just a thug on the pitch and a liability, Bruno Aguiar is twice the player, his career will go upwards whilst Brellier is driftwood.

Nope and Nope

People seem to have short memories too, as superb as Bruno has been, he never performed like this in the year we had him before his injury. It will be interesting to see if he can sustain his form long term.

Since the day bruno got injured there was character assasination against brellier, was it coincidence he was one of Vlad's lessed like players? given those who force the character assasination I doubt it.

Charlie-Brown
Nope and Nope

People seem to have short memories too, as superb as Bruno has been, he never performed like this in the year we had him before his injury. It will be interesting to see if he can sustain his form long term.

Since the day bruno got injured there was character assasination against brellier, was it coincidence he was one of Vlad's lessed like players? given those who force the character assasination I doubt it.

Havers prancer, brellier was over-rated then and over-rated now, why do you think Norwich binned him after 6 months, he might have looked okay in the mediocre SPL but his passing was sloppy, that and his propensity to get himself booked and sent off is why he will never play at a high level of football.

Havers prancer, brellier was over-rated then and over-rated now, why do you think Norwich binned him after 6 months, he might have looked okay in the mediocre SPL but his passing was sloppy, that and his propensity to get himself booked and sent off is why he will never play at a high level of football.

I can't say I was a major fan of him at the time, but , I think the attempts since he left to recreate history and blame him for bruno's injury as if he had taken a shotgun to his knee is out of order.

Certainly no coincidence that vlad wasnt a fan either.

Charlie-Brown
I can't say I was a major fan of him at the time, but , I think the attempts since he left to recreate history and blame him for bruno's injury as if he had taken a shotgun to his knee is out of order.

Nobody's re-writing any history, brellier injured a team-mate with what was obviously a bad tackle and possibly deliberate according to aguiar in a couple of interviews, i seem to remember brellier was sent away from the club early around the same time the injury happened.

Brelier was excellent, probably international class, for a while back then, but Aguiar has shown the type of ability required to be at least as good.

I think training ground stuff should pretty much stay within the confines of the training ground in general, but I think Bruno comes across pretty well in that piece. Seems a level headed, genuine sort of bloke. You could forgive him for being a wee bit irked about the whole thing.

It was not Vlad who has been slating him for the tackle, it is fans and players.

Drylaw Hearts
Brelier was excellent, probably international class, for a while back then, but Aguiar has shown the type of ability required to be at least as good.

I think training ground stuff should pretty much stay within the confines of the training ground in general, but I think Bruno comes across pretty well in that piece. Seems a level headed, genuine sort of bloke. You could forgive him for being a wee bit irked about the whole thing.

Oh dear.

Unless you were saying that when Burley had us scooshing all over the SPL your a complete hypocrite.

51 Shirts -Moments in Time

Also brellier's tackle broke his ankle, a relativly short term injury, where did the tumour and knee ligament damage come from?

Brellier's disciplinary record since leaving Hearts is not the prettiest

27 games (8 sub appearances) 3 red cards..

Not the actions of a shrinking violet.

Charlie-Brown
Unless you were saying that when Burley had us scooshing all over the SPL your a complete hypocrite.

Burley was only at Hearts a few months Brellier a lot longer than that, just accept JB was not everyone's cup of tea. :mw_rolleyes:

Drylaw Hearts
Burley was only at Hearts a few months Brellier a lot longer than that, just accept JB was not everyone's cup of tea. :mw_rolleyes:

He wasn't my cup o tea.

For every great tackle he made he got up and gave the ball away.

Every injury can be linked back to the broken ankle Prancer.

The tumour was thankfully benign, originating in scar tissue during the union process of the ankle break. So basically the tumour had to be removed and the ankle was back worse than it was immediately after the incident. The subsequent knee injury was simply due to returning to full training too soon.

I think Brellier was decent for us, but people are defending the indefensible trying to compare what he did to Bruno in training with what, for example, Numan did to Wales in a match at Ibronx. Completely different.

I can accept that but don't be a hypocrite. You were not calling him a thug when we were winning every week.

I can understand Brellier?s frustration. He was really badly treated by the owner. However, I can also understand Bruno?s anger, as he was an innocent party and didn?t deserve to be the one who suffered due to Brellier having no other outlet for his frustration. Good man-management would have been to release Brellier when it became public that the owner didn?t rate him, but then how accepting of that would the fans have been...A messy, dirty, mishandled episode all round, and it was Bruno who suffered the most for it.

Drylaw Hearts
I can understand Brellier?s frustration. He was really badly treated by the owner. However, I can also understand Bruno?s anger, as he was an innocent party and didn?t deserve to be the one who suffered due to Brellier having no other outlet for his frustration. Good man-management would have been to release Brellier when it became public that the owner didn?t rate him, but then how accepting of that would the fans have been...A messy, dirty, mishandled episode all round, and it was Bruno who suffered the most for it.

Spot on.

Dagger Is Back

You have to be kidding right? Yeah he got stuck in and battled for the cause but his booking tally tells another side to the story.

Bruno is a far better footballer.

michael_bolton

To be fair to Brellier, he became something of a marked man with refs due to his reputation. He was often booked for innocuous fouls, or for his first or second foul, while other players seemed to get more of a break from refs. So I think his bookings tally can be partly excused.

Those who slate him obviously forget how good we were with him and Hartley in the middle of the park. Them were the days!

Dont know where I have been. Never knew it was Brellier............Where is he now ?

Brellier's main strength was to let Hartley play his game. Bruno was not at his best player when playing as deep as Brellier did. I'm glad to see that Bruno has found his true position now though.

As someone else said above, Bruno is twice the player than Brellier.

neverlikedElvis

couldn't agree more. the most over-rated player in 30 years at hearts. "decent, with a disgraceful disciplinary record" would just about cover him. the people who wanted to doubt and slag off Vlad used Brellier's exclusion from the team to do so, grossly exaggerating his capabilities in the process

Bitter Bruno reflects?

What a ridiculous headline!

The only bitterness was the bit written by Forsyth. Bruno was being positive and saying thanks for the support.

Still, a decent-ish article.

Rudolf's Mate

I'm a huge fan of Brellier however it was clear to see that he was so good because he had the people around him to compliment his game. Bruno and Brellier are different types of players however I'd still rate Brellier as a better player....

However that doesn't diguise the fact that you don't go in hard on a team mate in training. I think we all know this and it's a big no, no! As for the other injuries. After being out for such a long period of time, it's easier to pick up other problems. A friend I played with had a calf problem due to someone standing on the back of his leg. It resulted in him not running properly for the next few weeks and ended up with him tearing the same legs hamstring 3 times. When he finally did come back after nearly 1 year out he did his cruciate on the same leg & it was only his second game!

If someone broke your ankle, you'd be pretty ****ed too.

could not have put it better myself

Brellier was rank at best, watching the dvd from the burley era, brellier was at fault for most of the goals we lost.

Doctor FinnBarr
Numan played for another team and it was during a competative game. On the training pitch why carry out potential career threatening tackles.

My mate Andy Johnstone was with Liverpool when he was 18 and Graeme Souness done his knee with a typical Souness over the top tackle. Andy struggled on for two years but had to pack the game in when he was 21.

Was that AJ from Blackburn Deek?

The Old Tolbooth

Cant really argue with that, too many people still think that Brellier was some sort of hero, he was certainly an ok player, but no better than that, he was a liability with bookings and has done hee haw since leaving Hearts.

Given a choice between Brellier or Bruno, it's a no brainer for me, Bruno every time.

It's easy being clever after Brellier has been painted the villain.

At the time Brellier was dropped the huge majority of voices were well ****ed off at Vlad. It's amazing that this wee thread seems to contain every one of the tiny minority of experts that recognised Brunos skills over Brelliers at the time.

:laugh:

Archived