Combe -- no way -- second rate goalkeeper

CJGJ

and comes with baggage - I can still remember him sticking the fingers up at us as well as his obvious leanings. :mad:

If he comes to us just wait until his first mistake -- the howls round the ground will be far worse than anything Clum got.

Time to put this story to bed -- he is just the sort of goalkeeper needed down at Easter Road to keep their fine goalkeeping tradition going. :mw_rolleyes:

Er, what?

I'm guessing CJGJ's referring to the rumours that we may be interested in signing Alan Combe from Killie cos his contract expires in the summer. A couple of papers either yesterday of Thursday had the story along with "although he grew up as a Hibs fan that isn't thought to put the keeper off".

Guest juvehearts

he is a solid gk.

bit old bus still a solid shot stopper,

thinking of many a game where he has a blinder vs us for killie

shame that scotland has so many good gk's always one left out time & time again for someone one younger.

still could do a job!

juve.

2 stories --

HIBS have taken former Dundee United goalkeeper Grzegorz Szamotulski on trial as they weigh up a January transfer. The 32-year-old Polish international has recently been released from his contract with Middle East side FC Ashdod so is available on a free.

Szamotulski impressed during a six-month spell with United last season, where he filled in for the injured Lukasz Zaluska, and was linked with a move to the Old Firm and Hearts. The former Legia Warsaw and Sturm Graz player never got the big move he wanted and has been a nomad since, signing for Preston then moving to Israel.

A far better shout for us than story below in my opinion

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Combe-contemplates-parting-to-either.4769141.jp

ALAN Combe is the living proof that being the product of a mixed marriage need not result in schizophrenia. Raised within a goal-kick of Easter Road, the Kilmarnock goalkeeper grew up experiencing all the passion and tensions of Edinburgh derbies without ever having to watch one.

The Combe household, it transpires, was split down the middle when it came to the capital's clubs and, while Combe ended up opting to follow his local heroes, he refuses to rule out a move to Tynecastle either next month or in the summer.

After fi

ve seasons at Rugby Park, his form has alerted the interest of both Csaba Laszlo and Mixu Paatelainen (whose need for a reliable last line is, if anything, even more pressing) but Combe won't allow his heart to rule his head when it comes to deciding his future.

"I've always played on a Saturday so I didn't visit Easter Road that often but I only lived five minutes from the ground so I would go when I could," explained the 34-year-old, whose contract expires in May. "My dad's side of the family are all Hibs fans and my mum's side all support Hearts but the fact I was a Hibs supporter wouldn't stop me joining Hearts.

"Right now, for example, I'm a Kilmarnock fan. Before that I was a Bradford City fan and before that I supported Dundee United. If someone offers you money to play for them and it's the right deal then you'll go there no matter who it is.

"Gary Locke, being a good Jambo, has been winding me up about it but I've had no contact from anyone. Until something happens it's just speculation. As things stand I'm still a Kilmarnock player and we're talking about a new contract and I'm listening to what they have to offer. So far I'm happy with the length of that deal.

Guest juvehearts

wow shock horror

the media linking an out of contract player with edinbutgh's 2 clubs

next CL for sunderland.............

moving on.

roll on the next game

FTH as always

juve

To hell with Combe. Who needs him. Balogh or MacDonald, ****** it even Kello would get a game in front of Combe every time.

Let step back and take a realistic look at things! Are we really in that bad a position that we need to sign Combe??

HIBS have taken former Dundee United goalkeeper Grzegorz Szamotulski on trial as they weigh up a January transfer. The 32-year-old Polish international has recently been released from his contract with Middle East side FC Ashdod so is available on a free.

Szamotulski impressed during a six-month spell with United last season, where he filled in for the injured Lukasz Zaluska, and was linked with a move to the Old Firm and Hearts. The former Legia Warsaw and Sturm Graz player never got the big move he wanted and has been a nomad since, signing for Preston then moving to Israel.

We should go for him, brilliant last season and better than what we've got atm. Send Janos or Kello back if not both and bring him in!!

he is a solid gk.

bit old bus still a solid shot stopper,

thinking of many a game where he has a blinder vs us for killie

shame that scotland has so many good gk's always one left out time & time again for someone one younger.

still could do a job!

juve.

Agreed Juve.

He is miles better than Kello or Balogh. Better than Jamie MacDonald - that remains to be seen as Jamie has not played too much.

Combe has been excellent against us so many times over the years i've lost count.

There's got to be better keepers about than Combe.

Not bothred by the fact that he is 34 or whatever.

bothered by the fact that he is too prone to stuff ups.:evilno:

Not too keen on Szalmatoulski.

He played well at times but the media completely overlooked his propensity to make gaffs just like a hibee keeper.

He went down south and did feck all and hasnt played in 6 months.

Not really sure he will be a great keeper to sign.

Not too keen on Combe either, unless we have a significantly better keeper to sign may as well stick with Macdonald and Kello. Banks could always step up again if needed.

Not too keen on Szalmatoulski.

He played well at times but the media completely overlooked his propensity to make gaffs just like a hibee keeper.

He went down south and did feck all and hasnt played in 6 months.

Not really sure he will be a great keeper to sign.

Not too keen on Combe either, unless we have a significantly better keeper to sign may as well stick with Macdonald and Kello. Banks could always step up again if needed.

Exactly what i was going to write about the Pole.

Drylaw Hearts

We need to get rid of Kello, The Balogh and Banks before we sign another Goalie.

And if/when we do I sincerely hope it's not Combe.

Or 'Coombe' as the commentators insist on calling him.

Drylaw Hearts
I was genuinely happy with Kello as the number one but we now seem to have some mad goalie rotation policy.

We had that last Season also :

Basso, Banks, Kurkis, Bassa, Banks, Kurkis, Banks, Kurkis, Kurkis, Basso, Banks.

We had that last Season also :

Basso, Banks, Kurkis, Bassa, Banks, Kurkis, Banks, Kurkis, Kurkis, Basso, Banks.

That's frightening when you look at it written down.

:laugh:

I made that up.

But you get the jist.

I kind of thought that but it's a decent point. You can almost visualise VR 'right he can have team selction, but i always get to pick the goalie'.

:laugh:

Combe can have some good moments, unfortunately he's also prone to some absolute howlers. He's no better than we already have.

Archived