chrissy berra

winston churchill

winston churchill

is he our strongest player in the air in the last 20 years.

the dundee hibernian manager was a great football player but often got bossed in the air.

judas pressley was often bossed by players half his size macdonald&larsson for a start.

rudi must stay

the dundee hibernian manager was a great football player but often got bossed in the air.

judas pressley was often bossed by players half his size macdonald&larsson for a start.

dare i say it but Webster was a superb player for winning headers against the striker

Guest Fabuloso

Poor post.

Charlie-Brown

Zaliukas & Berra are both very decent in the air but nobody mentioned on this thread will be better than Roddy McDonald in the air - he was immense! :)

winston churchill
Zaliukas is much stronger in the air

really

spends the game watching the ball fly over his head,or wrapping his arms / pushing the guy he is marking.

rudi must stay
really

spends the game watching the ball fly over his head,or wrapping his arms / pushing the guy he is marking.

he didn't last week. He headed away everything that was thrown at him

winston churchill
he didn't last week. He headed away everything that was thrown at him

and what about the others

rudi must stay
and what about the others

he was MOTM last week. Berra was good but Zaliukas had the tougher task against Boyd, cos of him boyd didn't cause us any problems

Robbie Neilson rarely loses a header, but he does tend to be up against players that aren't quite as good in the air as a centre forward.

Can't agree with you here Puggers despite Berra being one of my favourite current players.

We never really noticed how poor Craig Gordon was at coming off his line until Pressley and Judas went.

boabyarsebiscuit

Dave McPherson.

Going back a wee bit further, Roddie Macdonald.

And a wee bit further, and in an attacking sense, Drew Busby had a bullet of a header on him.

In fact, striker wise (seeing I've gone down that path) let's include Jimmy Bone and Sandy Clark.

winston churchill
Craig Levein - he didn't just dominate in the air, he laid the ball off to where he wanted.

i remember john watson giving him a roasting ,every time we played dunfermline

winston churchill
Dave McPherson.

And a wee bit further, and in an attacking sense, Drew Busby had a bullet of a header on him.

In fact, striker wise (seeing I've gone down that path) let's include Jimmy Bone and Sandy Clark.

i still think dave bambi macpherson was poor in the air given his size.

Dave McPherson.

Roddie McDonald may have been good in the air but it was from his injury in 1985 that Alex McDonald moved Craig Levein back to partner Sandy Jardine and the rest is (nearly) history.

As if to emphasise that we were no longer playing a traditional centre half in that team, no 5 jersey went to a midfielder, Neil Berry.

Alan Anderson's worth mentioning, never going to be remembered as one of our all-time greats but could certainly head a ball in attack as well as in defence.

You've never seen me upset.

hulk1.jpg

All that green is very revealing! ;)

don't remember ibby tall losing any headers. 1 month ago I coulldn't care who left, now I see no reason to suddenly change. Unless you're talking about Csaba

Andy Thorn ;)

scott herbertson

Think Pressley and Webster were both better - but Berra ia improving fast. Prior to that Hearts had some good headers of a ball - Roddy McDonald and Alan Anderson for example

Archived