Interview with Csaba on a Hungarian website

Ferencvaros

Hi all, a Hungarian fan here.

There is an interview on a Hungarian website with Csaba where he talks about his time at Hearts. He mentioned that they had (unsuccessful) negotiations with Burnley about the possible signing of keeper Gabor Kiraly. He also talks about the possibility of getting an assistant coach to train exclusively with the goalkeepers. The name he mentioned is Lajos Szucs (pronounced az 'suets' not as sucks :) who was his goalkeeper when he was managing Ferencvaros. He talks about the potential signing of 18yo Liverpool reserve striker Krisztian Nemeth - but says it looks nearly impossible.

He then speaks of the Rangers game and about his hope that people start to notice the positive change in the mentality of their players but stresses the importance of remaining modest.

This is about it very briefly, no extraordinary news but thought some of you might be interested.

All the best against Motherwell!!

Guest JamboRobbo

There is an interview on a Hungarian website with Csaba where he talks about his time at Hearts. He mentioned that they had (unsuccessful) negotiations with Burnley about the possible signing of keeper Gabor Kiraly. He also talks about the possibility of getting an assistant coach to train exclusively with the goalkeepers. The name he mentioned is Lajos Szucs (pronounced az 'suets' not as sucks :) who was his goalkeeper when he was managing Ferencvaros. He talks about the potential signing of 18yo Liverpool reserve striker Krisztian Nemeth - but says it looks nearly impossible.

He then speaks of the Rangers game and about his hope that people start to notice the positive change in the mentality of their players but stresses the importance of remaining modest.

This is about it very briefly, no extraordinary news but thought some of you might be interested.

Thanks. :food-smiley-004:

Sydney from Sydney

We won't be signing anyone unless we can guarantee their wages mate.

Many thanks Ferencvaros

oops just found the full text of the interview:

He also mentioned that some idiot journalist asked him about the vacant sunderland position but he told him to bog off.

There's a nice story showing how much the players stand by him: on a day off from training Michael Stewart got his teammates to suprise Csaba for a lunch together so that he didn't hve to eat alone.

On a different note, he talks about a plan to get Denes Rosa to join Hearts on a loan. Rosa played for Csaba at Ferencvros and is now at wolves.

And finally he gives an elegant stick to that idot Lothar MAtthaus who was slagging him off in the press a few months ago.

obviously the possible signing plans only mention the hungarian ones - seeing thaat this was an interview with a hungarian website - from the sound of it, there are many more names in his notebook

And finally he gives an elegant stick to that idot Lothar MAtthaus who was slagging him off in the press a few months ago.

Cheers for that - what does he say about Matthaus? I was quite surprised whem Matthaus came out with all that in the press - sour grapes as I think he tried a few times to get the Hearts job.

Rosa's a playmaker but good as defending midfield too. i rate him very highly for his inteligence for the game but Mick Mccarthy doesnt. Gyepes is the centre (sometimes left) back - with cardiff at the moment

Cheers for that - what does he say about Matthaus? I was quite surprised whem Matthaus came out with all that in the press - sour grapes as I think he tried a few times to get the Hearts job.

When the journalist asks him about the Matthaus story he says he never really understood it as they had been good friends. then he asks is he's got a job now.. :) and then wishes him good luck.. in the israel league :)

Rosa's a playmaker but good as defending midfield too. i rate him very highly for his inteligence for the game but Mick Mccarthy doesnt. Gyepes is the centre (sometimes left) back - with cardiff at the moment

Cheers.

I seen Gypes against Swansea but wasn't sure about Rosa. I see Wolves are setting a partnership up with a Hungarian team.

Thanks mate - much appreciated!

The People's Chimp

Thanks for that.

Updates like yours are verymuch appreciated.

:)

Thanks for taking the time buddy

I've been critical of Csaba but he seems a good man and I am slowly but surely eating my words :)

Castle Magyar

Hi Fradi / NB II,

Mi ujsag?

I was speaking with some of your home boys out here in Loki-land and heard Csaba is looking at our NB I pole position team's striker, Gergely.

You heard anyhting along these lines?

As for Rosa, perhaps past his prime, and for sure I dont recall him during his hey-day at Fradi as being that good at defending, but would agree that he's a great playmaker and follows in a similar style as Colin Cameron; though suspect he's getting on these days - and strange why such a talent that Wolves manger doesn't utilise him, and based on his appearances at the club I dont believe he's really ever settled in there?

Bad result for your mob today in the LikaKupa, being pumped at home - still

3rd placed is not bad for an NB II team.

Castle Magyar
Cheers for that, what's the opinion of Csaba as a coach in Hungary?...

They love his passion, groan at the post match interviews, was a tad unlucky when employed as No.2 of the national team - though not sure the Sopron supporters would agree with this :)

Hi Fradi / NB II,

Mi ujsag?

I was speaking with some of your home boys out here in Loki-land and heard Csaba is looking at our NB I pole position team's striker, Gergely.

You heard anyhting along these lines?

As for Rosa, perhaps past his prime, and for sure I dont recall him during his hey-day at Fradi as being that good at defending, but would agree that he's a great playmaker and follows in a similar style as Colin Cameron; though suspect he's getting on these days - and strange why such a talent that Wolves manger doesn't utilise him, and based on his appearances at the club I dont believe he's really ever settled in there?

Bad result for your mob today in the LikaKupa, being pumped at home - still

3rd placed is not bad for an NB II team.

Did Kaunas get pumped again? Shame... :mw_rolleyes:

What's an NB II team, by the way?

erm he's talking about Ferencvaros :mw_rolleyes:

erm he's talking about Ferencvaros :mw_rolleyes:

Oh! Apologies, Castle Magyar! :o

*head in hands smiley*

Castle Magyar

Who got pumped was Fradi's team; Ferencvaros.

The league setup here in Hungary is;

* the top league, where the top teams play like Debrecen, aka Loki (pronounced Lokey, surely after Gary Locke) = NB I

* next league down where those teams in financial ruin and general crappiness play = NB II (which coincidentally happens to be Ferencvaros)

Yours in,

Don't let favouritism influence feedback :)

Castle Magyar
Gergely would surely be out of our financial reach unless it was a loan deal similar to The Balogh.

Not sure why you'd suggest he's out of our reach financially - though not aware of his current salary I'm pretty sure he's well within our limits without stretching.

Having seen him numerous times I'm convinced he could offer something special on the pitch, but like all 'foreigners' it's how he settles that goes a long way to how he'd perform.

As for Janos, if he performs, I'd say Hearts will buy.

Inspired by this thread I was doing some googling and found this site.

http://www.xtratime.org/forum/showthread.php?t=196210

Has that video of Csaba breaking down after arguing with the ref. Looks like he had quite an emotional connection mit de fence(with the fans).

Having read the rest of it they dont seem to have much good to say about him.

Not sure why you'd suggest he's out of our reach financially - though not aware of his current salary I'm pretty sure he's well within our limits without stretching.

Having seen him numerous times I'm convinced he could offer something special on the pitch, but like all 'foreigners' it's how he settles that goes a long way to how he'd perform.

As for Janos, if he performs, I'd say Hearts will buy.

How much would he cost to buy?

If it's more than ?0 I'd suggest he's beyond us.

:(

I would rather have an emotional, passionate guy like Csaba than the muppets we have had since Jefferies left. Even Levein was/is a sour faced git, and Frail, don't get me started!

I would rather have an emotional, passionate guy like Csaba than the muppets we have had since Jefferies left. Even Levein was/is a sour faced git, and Frail, don't get me started!

I agree. I really like Csaba. He's passionate and is really beginning to get the team playing as a team. Over the last couple of seasons we've been putting out 11 individuals who looked like they'd never met before half the time. Let's hope romanov keeps out of team affairs and lets Csaba get on with his job.

oops just found the full text of the interview:

He also mentioned that some idiot journalist asked him about the vacant sunderland position but he told him to bog off.

There's a nice story showing how much the players stand by him: on a day off from training Michael Stewart got his teammates to suprise Csaba for a lunch together so that he didn't hve to eat alone.

On a different note, he talks about a plan to get Denes Rosa to join Hearts on a loan. Rosa played for Csaba at Ferencvros and is now at wolves.

obviously the possible signing plans only mention the hungarian ones - seeing thaat this was an interview with a hungarian website - from the sound of it, there are many more names in his notebook

Ok ..... who is going to run a book on which of the lazy red tops (and I include Barry Anderson in this as he is reddish) runs this as an exclusive next week?

Thanks for the post BTW

Hi Fradi / NB II,

Mi ujsag?

Szia, kosz j?l vagyok :)

I also don't think Rudolf (Gergely is his first name) is beyond Heart's financial capacities, I just think the SPL would be too physical for a player like him. Talking about Hungarian strikers I think Csaba could check out Priskin in Watford who's been in the championship for a few years now, a big strong striker and still young, would probably be a good solution upfront for the Jambos. Rosa is one of the most hard working midfielders i've ever seen but you're right, he's not young.

PS. been trying to find that hungarian team of yours but nobody seems to have ever heard of them.. maybe that fact that they haven't won 28 leage titles along with 20 cup victories and one of the european cups has got to do with the fact that noone knows who they are :)

Castle Magyar

PS. been trying to find that hungarian team of yours but nobody seems to have ever heard of them.. maybe that fact that they haven't won 28 leage titles along with 20 cup victories and one of the european cups has got to do with the fact that noone knows who they are :)

You've forgotton the name of your home town?

I don't doubt your long & illustrious trophy list; though if I had the choice between that old list whilst embarassingly residing in NB II with next to zero forints in the bank v's top spot in NB I with 3 League titles in the last 4 years and a happy bank manager who walks about during this credit crunch with a semi, the choice is easy.

Good to read you're keeping well - en is !!

Archived