Mystery Hearts Season Ticket - 1892-93

wibble

Recently an 1892-93 season ticket sold on EBay for 300 quid.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=370118418122#ebayphotohosting

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/7190/14181cb1.jpg

14181cb1.jpg

I was looking through some old Hearts items and saw exactly the same ticket in a brochure issued by the club in 1992. The brochure is entitled "A Goal For Hearts" and advertises the share issue.

seasontikep4.jpg

There is little doubt that it is exactly the same ticket. If you look at the smudges on the gold embossing they match exactly, as does the rubbed top left corner. The one in the brochure has a crease but it looks like it has been folded back in the Ebay pic.

If it belonged to the club at the time it was photographed for the brochure is it possible that it was lifted along with the League Flags etc that were widely publicised as being missing.

Or is there a perfectly innocent explanation?

Not accusing the seller of theft or anything, just intereted to know what happened to it between 1993 and now.

Footballs come a long way in over 100 years since this season ticket was first issued.

The balls are better.

The football style is much improved.

The rules have changed.

stadia is all seated and covered.

women can vote.

The season tickets though.... seems they had better ones in the 1890's! Proper leather with gold trimmings. We get plastic tat! up the 1890's!

TN_know_your_limits_women.JPG

I know who the seller is and he's not the type to pass on stolen goods! he's not even a Jambo.

Wish I had a spare ?300 though!

They are different colours because the printer in 1992/3 chose to make it more maroon, but if you look at every detail of the gold bits they match 100% - every last smudge. Also the bumps and bulges around the corners are all identical. Positive it's the same one.

They are different colours because the printer in 1992/3 chose to make it more maroon, but if you look at every detail of the gold bits they match 100% - every last smudge. Also the bumps and bulges around the corners are all identical. Positive it's the same one.

Get in touch with the club about it then !

anyone else loving the fact they printed "scottish cup winners" on the cover, cos if i'm reading it right, its the year before the last time hobos won the scottish!

oh, and have never won since :107years:

Get in touch with the club about it then !

Not saying it was nicked, just wondering if anyone knew it's history.

Archived