Best Case Scenario - What's your's?

chester copperpot

chester copperpot

So what do you think is our best case scenario?

Here's mine's.

Hearts stay at Tynie.

We keep 80% of our decent staff (I.E we lose Kingston, Berra, Driver, Aguiar) no one else, as thats all we have that are worth anything.

Rapnik becomes a WC player, and brings on Zaliukas.

Templeton, Husband, and dare I say, Visconte, become Hearts legends, then go on to be better players than I've ever seen.

Well thats mine's, What's your's?

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

Best Case:

We keep our best players in January.

We get at least third in the League.

We hump those methswillingneedlepoppingmummyshagging swine twice in January.

Vlad then sells up to a group of businessmen who have HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN FC's best interests at heart.

Not much, really.

Father Tiresias

A group of youngsters like Bowman, Robertson and Mackay suddenly develop at the academy and the manager Steven Pressley moulds them into a SPL winning side with the aid of a few Jimmy Bone's and Sandy Jardine's along with some bargain basement players like Craig Levein and John Colqhoun.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
A group of youngsters like Bowman, Robertson and Mackay suddenly develop at the academy and the manager Steven Pressley moulds them into a SPL winning side with the aid of a few Jimmy Bone's and Sandy Jardine's along with some bargain basement players like Craig Levein and John Colqhoun.

You must be drinking what I have been swilling tonight!!

Ahh, John Colquhoun on the wing....

Father Tiresias
You must be drinking what I have been swilling tonight!!

Ahh, John Colquhoun on the wing....

Just tea mate!! Tetley. :)

Heres yer first signing :)

1983_delorean_back_to_the_future_3.jpg

siegementality
Stay at Tynecastle.

Not to fussed what division we are in.

be great to stand on some old fashioned terraces again ;)

See I personally couldn't give a monkeys about staying at Tynecastle if the clubs survival is at stake. If it is more viable to sell the ground and build a purpose built stadium elsewhere in the city I'd be all for it.

Best case but make believe scenario : we stay at Tynecastle and Romanov sells up never to darken our doors again. HMFC flourish...............

more likely scenario : Romanov continues to make the wrong decisions and we go into administration, sell any player with a transfer market value and plummet down the league. Due to falling land value we just about manage to retain our spiritual home not that many want to watch the gash on offer.........

worst case scenario : we are completely donald ducked and we lose Tynecastle, go into administartion, sell all our players and anything else of monetary value and become the highest profile fatality in British football history.

chester copperpot
See I personally couldn't give a monkeys about staying at Tynecastle if the clubs survival is at stake. If it is more viable to sell the ground and build a purpose built stadium elsewhere in the city I'd be all for it.

Me too actually, I was just giving my best one.

For the record, I aint had any Whisky, because I hate it. :)

Some edge of the city wasteland..last resort..but no thanks.

If we lose Tynecastle we lose the Heart of Midlothian we know. :sad:

Father Tiresias
Heres yer first signing :)

1983_delorean_back_to_the_future_3.jpg

Ah, if only!!

And to think I used to rip Kenny Black up for erse paper. I'd have him or his like back at Tynecastle in a flash.

Drylaw Hearts

We go ahead and sell the players as allegedly planned in January and hopefully raise up to ?5million.

We send back The Balogh, Tullberg, No.29 and No.16.

Deals are struck to remove Basso, Makela and Banks from the wage bill.

We hold on to our Top 6 place in April and finish the Season in a respectable position compared to last Season.

Goncalves completes his transfer to Nuremberg with us pocketing ?2million.

With our debt now around ?13million a consortium makes UBIG an offer they can't refuse by offering them a deal on their shares.

As part of the deal UBIG will keep ownership of Tynecastle and they lease it to Hearts with a view to a buy-back after 20 years.

The Club will have no debt leaving the consortium to invest some money on improving the football set-up at Hearts.

siegementality
If we lose Tynecastle we lose the Heart of Midlothian we know. :sad:

Well I don't think Arsenal, Manchester City, Middlesborough, Sunderland, Bolton, et al, supporters think the same about their club. Liverpool and Everton are looking to move as well, all for the greater good.

siegementality
Me too actually, I was just giving my best one.

For the record, I aint had any Whisky, because I hate it. :)

I thought you were strictly a cider man?

Well I don't think Arsenal, Manchester City, Middlesborough, Sunderland, Bolton, et al, supporters think the same about their club. Liverpool and Everton are looking to move as well, all for the greater good.

They all moved to grounds that were better than previous though. I don't think we would be.

Plus, the thought of driving through Gorgie and not seeing Tynecastle is enough to get the class A stuff out.

siegementality
They all moved to grounds that were better than previous though. I don't think we would be.

Plus, the thought of driving through Gorgie and not seeing Tynecastle is enough to get the class A stuff out.

To be honest if the council and some Hearts fans hadn't been so anal about it Wallace Mercer would have had us away from Tynecastle 20 odd years ago, and it would have been for the better IMO.

Father Tiresias
To be honest if the council and some Hearts fans hadn't been so anal about it Wallace Mercer would have had us away from Tynecastle 20 odd years ago, and it would have been for the better IMO.

Little doubt about that.

Wallace Mercer was a visionary, way ahead of his time, but was ultimately lambasted for being so.

nanananananana-angus

I win Euromillions,I invest a substantial amount in a Canadian diamond mining company which hits a substantial seam the following day,my investment makes me ?1 billion,I buy Hearts off Vlad for ?1 inc the debt.I implement my 20 year plan which involves the following:

1.An approx ?40 mllion per season spent on the squad.

2.Shiny new 40k seat stadium ,?100 million.

3.The listening devices I would place on the premises of SFA,SPL,The Sun,The ******,the homes of our Refs,SDM would bear fruit,revealing the institutionalised bias that keeps the OF at the top of the pile,as well as the fact that Mixu is actually an alien.

4.Reduce the ticket allocation for the OF,giving them the 1-2% they give us.

Donate the ticket money received to charity, ie smeltic fans money would go to the Earl Haig Poppy Fund and the huns money would be donated to Nil By Mouth.

5.Through careful planning Scotlands co-efficient would drop so that only the Champions (ie Hearts) would qualify for the CL thus denying one half of the OF the CL money.

6.I'd buy Chick Young a rather fetching pair of concrete wellies.

You didn't say it had to be realistic did you?:)

chester copperpot
good point, well made.

Do you know what mate, I've been fighting with you for ages, do you know why?.

It's because I dont like admitting hearts are in the sheckt.

But we are. Wish we weren't, however we are.

Love is in the air:loved::loved::loved:

siegementality

Andy, I don't like admitting it either but I suppose I was hoping that eventually I'd be proved wrong, I still do, believe me I do. Whatever will be will be, regardless of what we say or do, Hearts future is not in our hands, yet!

Geoff Kilpatrick

My best case scenario involves a top trip to Edinburgh in February and a humping of St Bribery, by which time we're in the quarter-finals of the cup and sitting clear in 3rd! :)

We go ahead and sell the players as allegedly planned in January and hopefully raise up to ?5million.

We send back The Balogh, Tullberg, No.29 and No.16.

Deals are struck to remove Basso, Makela and Banks from the wage bill.

We hold on to our Top 6 place in April and finish the Season in a respectable position compared to last Season.

Goncalves completes his transfer to Nuremberg with us pocketing ?2million.

With our debt now around ?13million a consortium makes UBIG an offer they can't refuse by offering them a deal on their shares.

As part of the deal UBIG will keep ownership of Tynecastle and they lease it to Hearts with a view to a buy-back after 20 years.

The Club will have no debt leaving the consortium to invest some money on improving the football set-up at Hearts.

This is the best possible outcome IMO.

Charlie-Brown

I (or Vlad or magicT) win the euro-millions quadruple rollover whilst rangers & celtic are credit crunched, we sort out the finances and buy some great players in january, go on a great run and pip the OF to the title and win the Champions league or UEFA Cup next season, Sir Gay and the other Hibs muppets sob so much they double the size of Lochend pond and fester is threatened with flooding....oh and of course 108 becomes reality on January 11th. :)

1. We remain at Tynecastle for ever.

2. Robertson's Bar gets awarded the catering/entertainment contract for Tynecastle.

3. We have a Stalinesque, active, purge of the PC brigade, hand wringers, sweetie paper rustlers, and johnny come lately glory hunters.

4. We bring back traditional choons such as "Hello Hello" etc.

5. We win things.

6. We qualify for Yoorup every year.

7. We don't sell match tickets to tims or hobos.

1. Keep Hearts playing at our historic home and buy up the surrounding land with the view to future expansion.

2. Remove historic crippling debt from hostile creditors that don?t have the interests of the club at Heart and relieve the interest payments on said historic debt.

3. Find a manager that can turn a group of players slated by the fans as useless muppets into a team capable of winning say 5 games in a row and possibly finish 3rd in the league.

4. Develop talent through the Academy i.e. Berra, Driver, Wallace, Jonsson etc.that can gradually replace high earning players.

5. Negotiate the best possible transfer fees for high earning / top performing players that can be released without severely impacting the progress of number 3 above, i.e. Craig Gordon, Roman Bednar, Larryea Kingston etc.

6. Negotiate historic and lucrative commercial sponsorship deals, e.g. ?2 mil kit deal or something.

7. Put in place an effective business plan for generating non traditional income streams. Perhaps a hotel complex, leisure facilities, residential accommodation, etc that can bring in additional revenue 24/7 from non- supporters. Re-invest profits from these additional income streams into the playing side of the enterprise to raise profile and attract new customers; i.e. fans.

There will be mistakes made along the way, of course. But with the optimistic support of all friendly parties, I don?t think the best case scenario is totally unrealistic for Hearts and might even be worth the attempt.

:toasting::cheer1::wavey::thumbs_up::surprise:

Carl Weathers
1. We remain at Tynecastle for ever.

2. Robertson's Bar gets awarded the catering/entertainment contract for Tynecastle.

3. We have a Stalinesque, active, purge of the PC brigade, hand wringers, sweetie paper rustlers, and johnny come lately glory hunters.

4. We bring back traditional choons such as "Hello Hello" etc.

5. We win things.

6. We qualify for Yoorup every year.

7. We don't sell match tickets to tims or hobos.

:laugh:

1. Keep Hearts playing at our historic home and buy up the surrounding land with the view to future expansion.

2. Remove historic crippling debt from hostile creditors that don?t have the interests of the club at Heart and relieve the interest payments on said historic debt.

3. Find a manager that can turn a group of players slated by the fans as useless muppets into a team capable of winning say 5 games in a row and possibly finish 3rd in the league.

4. Develop talent through the Academy i.e. Berra, Driver, Wallace, Jonsson etc.that can gradually replace high earning players.

5. Negotiate the best possible transfer fees for high earning / top performing players that can be released without severely impacting the progress of number 3 above, i.e. Craig Gordon, Roman Bednar, Larryea Kingston etc.

6. Negotiate historic and lucrative commercial sponsorship deals, e.g. ?2 mil kit deal or something.

7. Put in place an effective business plan for generating non traditional income streams. Perhaps a hotel complex, leisure facilities, residential accommodation, etc that can bring in additional revenue 24/7 from non- supporters. Re-invest profits from these additional income streams into the playing side of the enterprise to raise profile and attract new customers; i.e. fans.

There will be mistakes made along the way, of course. But with the optimistic support of all friendly parties, I don?t think the best case scenario is totally unrealistic for Hearts and might even be worth the attempt.

:toasting::cheer1::wavey::thumbs_up::surprise:

sounds good to me;)

Jamboscanbevicius

This is an incredibly astute post. Refreshing to hear something sensible which is ot doom-mongering!

I think we are all concerned about our (alleged) financial position, but we all need to remember what Romanov took on when he bought the club. He is rich but not Abu Dhabi rich, and UBIG are of course not immune to the economic downturn.

That said, if you remove emotional feelings towards some of Romanov's panto antics, and consider the overall plan it does not sound too stupid - as David Brent suggests.

Archived