4 Companies about to take Hearts to court...

Martin_T

Cardiac Rucksack

If you were owed money by us at present with the stories doing the rounds would you be going down this route?

I certainly would be

Guest jambomickey
According to BBC Reporting Scotland news....

did bbc scotland say anything about the game tommorow? wish we could talk more about the football and get all this off the park stuff sorted out.

Nucky Thompson
According to BBC Reporting Scotland news....
Aye last night we were owe someone ?100k but the BBC understands in the last 15 minutes the guy has agreed to wait till January:laugh:

Francis Albert

Thank god for that. There was a risk the 20 page thread on the cash flow crisis might disappear off the first page before there was something to merge it with ...

Are they "just" suing us, or are they looking to put liquidators in??

Crucial distinction...

Its reported 4 companys are taking us to court next week.No other info

Hmm 4 Companies, why do they only give about 10% of the story, can they name the companies?

portobellojambo1
Hmm 4 Companies, why do they only give about 10% of the story, can they name the companies?

Baxter's Soups, IKEA, John Menzies and Lidl.

Guaranteed cert.

Thank god for that. There was a risk the 20 page thread on the cash flow crisis might disappear off the first page before there was something to merge it with ...

What cash flow crisis?

Francis Albert

Given that late payment is endemic throughout the commercial world (ask any small business owner) the fact that after the publicity of the last few weeks only FOUR companies are applying to the courts is the most positive news I've heard recently.

Jambof3tornado
Given that late payment is endemic throughout the commercial world (ask any small business owner) the fact that after the publicity of the last few weeks only FOUR companies are applying to the courts is the most positive news I've heard recently.

Correct!!!!:rolleyes:

Charlie-Brown

It's easy enough to check what / if any new court proceedings have been raised recently - the records are publicly available.

Thunderstruck

I am sure we have had a lengthy thread on this well over a year ago. The concensus then was that accounts were dealt with according to standard practice in Eastern Europe. At that time, several creditors pursued small claims.

It would be interesting to know how long overdue the payments are understood to be. As a comparison, try getting a Council to settle an account in less than 30 days

Mr. BEN BROWN - v - Heart of Midlothian

Western Commercial - v - Heart of Midlothian

BED AND BATH _UK_ LT - v - Heart of Midlothian

CMYK Digital Solutio - v - Heart of Midlothian

taken from the court diary as at 11/12/2008 - emailed to me from flumps.net by a hobo 'mate'.

Francis Albert

taken from the court diary as at 11/12/2008 - emailed to me from flumps.net by a hobo 'mate'.

Liquidation it is then.

I am a Hibs supporter and over on Hibs net the 4 companies are named as:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The information seems to come from scottish courts published actions as indicated below?

http://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/rolls/s...othian&crt=edi

rather small companies who cany be after much - i guess it's a lot to them but in the grand scheme of things hardly a dot on the landscape!!!!!

checked the court dates myself and this is 100% bona fide

Drylaw Hearts

Bed and Bath UK ????

For over 30 years, Bed & Bath have supplied top quality towels and bathrobes for Europe's finest Hotels, and in recent years to an ever increasing number of Health and Fitness Clubs.

With large stocks of robes, towels and bed linen we can respond quickly and efficiently to your requirements.

Bizarre.

so daft this paying late lark, just gona end up with nobody doing business or wanting to provide services for the club. but hey ho, that's the way it is in that part of the world, 6 months is normal for invoice payment

Bed and Bath UK ????

Bizarre.

Could they have been supplying the towels etc for riccarton possibly even the club for after matchs? just a guess, does seem rather a strange one.

Bed and Bath UK ????

Bizarre.

romanov's maroon bath robe's and that tidy burd, his niece or sumthing;s bathtime lingerie!! whats her name julia goruncik or somethin

Van Hire, Supplier of Towels and the Photocopier people...

Not sure that any judgement towards these people could put us over the edge?....

Still not the best situation to be in...

Nucky Thompson
I am a Hibs supporter and over on Hibs net the 4 companies are named as:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The information seems to come from scottish courts published actions as indicated below?

http://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/rolls/s...othian&crt=edi

The link doesn't work. But by the sound of those companies we must owe about 30 bob in total.

Drylaw Hearts
The link doesn't work. But by the sound of those companies we must owe about 30 bob in total.

You're probably right - well nearly !

But that makes it all the more frustrating.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
Bed and Bath UK ????

Bizarre.

I knew it would all come out in the wash.

Ah well, I can sleep easy knowing everything is cleaner than I thought it was.

Drylaw Hearts
Based at David Lloyd where the players go to.

I know - that why I chose that particular Ben Brown over the other Ben Browns in Edinburgh that Google came up with.

:)

Undoubtedly small debts - and will probably be sorted before going anywhere near court. If I remember rightly this was not an unusal scenario with accounts not being settled until the last possible moment in the pre-Mercer days and also under Mercer as well.

Here is the correct link

http://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/rolls/sheriff/lists/edi/edi081211.htm

Look under the small claims section, and i only see 3 cases not 4 unless i've missed one

80 Mr. BEN BROWN - v - Heart of Midlothian SA5530/08

97 Western Commercial - v - Heart of Midlothian Yuill & Kyle SA5547/08

119 BED AND BATH _UK_ LT - v - Heart of Midlothian SA5574/08

For goodness sake...just checked the court pages, they are all cases in the small claims section...

Can't believe that this made a major headline today!!!

Just in case anyone else is worried about this then head over to the courts pages and take a look at the other major companies being taken to court next week!!!

PS...I am still concerned about the wages but this is a non story!

Drylaw Hearts
For goodness sake...just checked the court pages, they are all cases in the small claims section...

We make it easy for them though.

Just in case anyone else is worried about this then head over to the courts pages and take a look at the other major companies being taken to court next week!!!

Exactly, Im not sure of the amount but i think it is only up to ?500 and it is classed as a small claim so even if each one is claiming the maximum you can claim from a small claims court it would only be ?1500

Form the picket lines, mass demos, the bailiffs are coming, were going out of business, administration, :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I think people miss the point though.

It takes a long time before companies take you to court. We are not just being late, we are getting to the stage that people are suing us for money.

People keep claiming its normal, it isnt, how many other companies are being taken to court with the regularlity we are for non payment, who are not in financial difficulty

Drylaw Hearts
The club use David Lloyd dont they...?

I think so.

But by the looks of it Pilates will be off limits from now on.

Unless they pay their fiver up front.

Exactly, Im not sure of the amount but i think it is only up to ?500 and it is classed as a small claim so even if each one is claiming the maximum you can claim from a small claims court it would only be ?1500

Form the picket lines, mass demos, the bailiffs are coming, were going out of business, administration, :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

The limit is actually ?3000.

And the problem is if they get a judgement, wheres the money coming from to pay it before it goes even further?

I think so.

But by the looks of it Pilates will be off limits from now on.

Unless they pay their fiver up front.

:laugh:

A fiver? For hopping around with an eye patch on shouting ARRRR! No wonder our finances are in a poor state. What a waste!

If we add up all the non-stories, how many does it take to make a story???

You'd think that with the focus that there has been on Hearts and their finances over the past few months Hearts would up their game in the bill paying dept, if only to demonstrate to their creditors that they do indeed have some money.

We make it easy for them though.

Exactly - and I've no doubt that the BBC would have been well aware that all of this related to small claims, however it suited their agenda to try and "big" this up to being a major financial problem. All of this is going to continue to happen until the club gets the ability to deal with creditors themselves and not through people in Lithuania. Surely this must be obvious even to Romanov.

how many other companies are being taken to court with the regularlity we are for non payment, who are not in financial difficulty

Loads, and the bigger you are the more often it happens...

Not saying there is nothing to be concerned with in terms of finance but this is one story that does not add to my worries in any way...

Archived