Manager of the Month (merged threads)

Paolo

Guest JamboRobbo

with 6 wins in november, to csabas five, the crucial win being against HMFC at Tynie.

So we can argue it, but strachan does have a good case also.

Guest JamboRobbo
True, but looking at the bigger picture, ability of squad, the much publiscised 'issues'.

agree mate, hence why I'd say Csaba does have a case. But so does Strachan (12 wins in a row in league and he DIDN'T get it last month).

with 6 wins in november, to csabas five, the crucial win being against HMFC at Tynie.

No way did Strap-on deserve it more than Csaba

If Man Utd had won 5 EPL games and Wigan had won 5 EPL games, including one against Chelsea, who do you think would win the award?

I would say Fergie wouldn't have a look in...

Guest JamboRobbo
If Man Utd had won 5 EPL games and Wigan had won 5 EPL games, including one against Chelsea, who do you think would win the award?

I would say Fergie wouldn't have a look in...

If neither had lost games and both had won 5, I'd agree.

But what if man utd had won a 6th game, against Wigan, at the JJB? Meaning wigan had won 5/6, and man utd had won 6/6, with wigans defeat being at home to Man Utd. Fergie might have a wee chance then right?

Thunderstruck

I suppose of is only SPL games but considering WGS's team's inability to see off "one of the worst teams in CL", they could have lauded Csaba's achievements within the "constraints" affecting HMFC.

jamborleystatto

joke,5wins from 5 in november,3 bein away from home,yes strachan had the same record but any non old firm team winnin 5games in a month which is max league games you would play(usually4) ud expect the award,ein a bettin man i am very surprised ,actually,no im not,stinks

Guest JamboRobbo
joke,5wins from 5 in november,3 bein away from home,yes strachan had the same record but any non old firm team winnin 5games in a month which is max league games you would play(usually4) ud expect the award,ein a bettin man i am very surprised ,actually,no im not,stinks

we lost at home to celtic on nov 2nd mate.

If neither had lost games and both had won 5, I'd agree.

But what if man utd had won a 6th game, against Wigan, at the JJB? Meaning wigan had won 5/6, and man utd had won 6/6, with wigans defeat being at home to Man Utd. Fergie might have a wee chance then right?

Aye and no. I guess it does add a bit more weight to it, but looking at our team and their team I can still only see one winner! (blinkers on!)

12 wins in a row though is pretty impressive, I guess, no matter who you are.

Last Month they gave it to a manager who'd seen his team win 2 and lose 1 so anything could happen

http://www.cbfootball.co.uk/monthly.aspx

Clydesdale Bank Manager of the Month for October

St Mirren Manager Gus MacPherson has been named Clydesdale Bank Premier League Manager of the Month for October.

St Mirren began the month with an unexpected win over Rangers, the first time they'd beaten them at Love Street in 22 years. Bringing on youngster Stephen McGinn in the second half proved to be an inspired substitution, as within 5 minutes he had scored what was the winning goal.

St Mirren followed that result with an away win against Hamilton, and a good performance away to Dundee United despite losing the game. The panel felt that Gus MacPherson deserved praise for achieving these results.

Viewing November in isolation it surely should go to Csaba but as JR points out they may feel that Strachan deserves one award from this run in the same way that Oscars sometimes go to actors or directors for films that aren't as good as their previous work and aren't necessarily the best of the year but they get the prize anyway because it's deemed to be "their turn"

And,as well as losing to Aalborg, Celtic got a draw against the European Champions last month.

Goldstone Wonder
who got player and young player?

I would be very disappointed if not one Hearts player got either of these.

There was more chance of Neil Lennon getting an honourary membership of the Orange Lodge, than the SFA giving Laslo the award!

And,as well as losing to Aalborg, Celtic got a draw against the European Champions last month.

SPL Manager of the Month. No?

Losing it might be good for Csaba as those who win it tend to lose their next game!

Does he?

Not imo. His team won 6 games in a lacklustre fashion with explicit help from the officials in every one.

Csaba won 5 in a row, including one against Rangers, with explicit help for the oppostion from officials (the 4th Official v St Mirren).

Guest JamboRobbo
Aye and no. I guess it does add a bit more weight to it, but looking at our team and their team I can still only see one winner! (blinkers on!)

12 wins in a row though is pretty impressive, I guess, no matter who you are.

I would've given it to Csaba too, but I can see how Strachan was up for it also.

im sorry but its utterly ludicrous to sugest that because celtic won 6 to our 5 then strachan should win itor has even a fair shout for it! surely the award is for good management of the team you have so the relative strength of your team, financial muscle etc must surely be taken into account, otherwise the team at the top of the league would win it every month irrespective of the progress other managers from "weaker" have made.

Jambof3tornado
There was more chance of Neil Lennon getting an honourary membership of the Orange Lodge, than the SFA giving Laslo the award!

Laslo got his reward when the SFA upheld his appeal against the touchline ban.

should have been his and not strapon's though,the wee ***** cant even conduct a press conference properly!!!

To.ss.er!!!

Viewing November in isolation it surely should go to Csaba but as JR points out they may feel that Strachan deserves one award from this run in the same way that Oscars sometimes go to actors or directors for films that aren't as good as their previous work and aren't necessarily the best of the year but they get the prize anyway because it's deemed to be "their turn"

It's pretty obvious TC. They don't want to encourage any more managers to beat Rangers. Get with the program! :ninja:;):P:rolleyes:

Amongst many others, it happened to Leicester's Nigel Pearson this season.

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/news/Inside-Football-Cursed-aard-hoodoo/article-332919-detail/article.html

In reality of course, there is no hoodoo. Many winners of the Manager of the Month do so purely because their team has enjoyed a rare burst of form. What statisticians would term a 'regression to the mean' naturally follows. Sometimes, teams can even colossally overachieve for a whole season, then react by underachieving as much the following year.

Examples: Everton 2004-6; or Hearts 1997-9. Indeed, in the latter case, if you take the two seasons combined, you actually get our average over the full five years under JJ: we were never as good or as bad as we seemed.

rudi must stay

Csaba has a far better case. He's won 5 games in a row and taken our team from 8th to 3rd in the league. Strachan will win it again anyway

Sorry of already posted but I just noticed on the BBC website that the horrible wee ginger rat got manager of the month for November because of their unbeaten record during that time.

WTF is that all about? Csaba and Hearts have the same record but ours includes beating Rangers in that time?

Strachan has a squad worth millions and is rightly expected to win every game because of the players he has at his disposable and the assistance of the SFA match oficials.

Its nothing like what Csaba has achieved at Hearts : He has taken a squad that was down and out last year and inconsistent so far this season and put together a great run of results, that includes beating one of the much vaunted Old Squirm.

Csaba is new to Scotland and by most accounts from the media has brightened up the Scottish scene - he deserves the recognition for that and the 5 game unbeaten run.

Clydesdale Bank - have a word wi yerselves!

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Sorry of already posted but I just noticed on the BBC website that the horrible wee ginger rat got manager of the month for November because of their unbeaten record during that time.

WTF is that all about? Csaba and Hearts have the same record but ours includes beating Rangers in that time?

Strachan has a squad worth millions and is rightly expected to win every game because of the players he has at his disposable and the assistance of the SFA match oficials.

Its nothing like what Csaba has achieved at Hearts : He has taken a squad that was down and out last year and inconsistent so far this season and put together a great run of results, that includes beating one of the much vaunted Old Squirm.

Csaba is new to Scotland and by most accounts from the media has brightened up the Scottish scene - he deserves the recognition for that and the 5 game unbeaten run.

Clydesdale Bank - have a word wi yerselves!

The argument could probably be made either way. Anyhoo, MOTM awards mean feck all.

Thought Csaba was a shoe in after the run. But as has been pointed out on other threads, Celtic tonked us at home at the start of November.

Celtic have won all league games - Hearts have went on a fantastic run after the Tic game.

Whats the budgets?

Who has the better players?

Is its easier to win ggames when you are at the top, or is it harder to start a run of wins when you are down at the botton end struggling?

I think someone pointed out Gus Macpherson won it a few months back with only two wins in a month?

To conclude, **** knows how they work it out.

The argument could probably be made either way. Anyhoo, MOTM awards mean feck all.

Aye, I suppose. I just think the Old Firm get enough plaudits by winning something every year - the rest deserve credit when they achieve something like a good run because we are at a disadvantage.

I take it Smeltics humiliating defeat in Denmark wasnt taken into consideration.

Strachans horrid bhoys did Scottish football proud. Congratulations you little ginger scrote.

Given that Celtic have had the help of some very dodgy decitions from the refs it's no wonder they have won all their games.

Archived