Buy a friend a ticket

Hans von Luck

Hans von Luck

I am a season ticket holder for 25 years and was talking to my friend "The Tackle" and thought of this to help our club in these difficult times.

Why dont we just all buy a ticket and give it to a friend or family member who dont always go to the games rather than fill the pockets of opposing teams.

?21 - ?25 is better in HMFC coffers than Murderwell, Sellik or the Sheep.

A sold out Tyne would certainly help.

Forget away games.

FTH

Guest S.U.S.S.
I am a season ticket holder for 25 years and was talking to my friend "The Tackle" and thought of this to help our club in these difficult times.

Why dont we just all buy a ticket and give it to a friend or family member who dont always go to the games rather than fill the pockets of opposing teams.

?21 - ?25 is better in HMFC coffers than Murderwell, Sellik or the Sheep.

A sold out Tyne would certainly help.

Forget away games.

FTH

Maybe beacuse so many on here have no friends, well except those in the we are whiter than white brigade.

Still not a bad idea, give them a ticket as part of their christmas and they will feel obliged to go.

Sells a few pies off the back as well.

good work fella.:)

Charlie-Brown

There are approx 10.5K ST's sold for which the club have had the money for already - in the remaining 9 or 10 home games there are still 7000 tickets for sale less however many away fans buy - if we can sell out the remaining tickets that is approx an extra ?2M coming into the club between now & the end of the season which is bound to help.

Guest JamboRobbo
There are approx 10.5K ST's sold for which the have had the money for already - in the remaining 9 or 10 home games there are still 7000 tickets for sale less however many away fans buy - if we can sell out the remaining tickets that is approx an extra ?2M coming into the club between now & the end of the season which is bound to help.

If it goes to the club. Had Rodney explained the unexplained 3.85M player registration payment when asked at the last AGM, instead of saying it was none of our business, then perhaps people would be more certain that money put into the club stays in the club.

I know thats my situation. I'd happily give money to HMFC, never mind just buying stuff from them.

But I wouldn't trust Vlad with a single penny of it.

Charlie-Brown
If it goes to the club. Had Rodney explained the unexplained 3.85M player registration payment when asked at the last AGM, instead of saying it was none of our business, then perhaps people would be more certain that money put into the club stays in the club.

I know thats my situation. I'd happily give money to HMFC, never mind just buying stuff from them.

But I wouldn't trust Vlad with a single penny of it.

Yet you bought a season ticket and pies/bovril?

Guest JamboRobbo
Yet you bought a season ticket and pies/bovril?

Yep. But I won't go out of my way to give more.

I'd happily give more if I felt they could be trusted. If I felt the money would go to HMFC. But I don't trust them. I doubt I'm the only Hearts fan in that situation.

Charlie-Brown

I'd happily give more if I felt they could be trusted. If I felt the money would go to HMFC. But I don't trust them. I doubt I'm the only Hearts fan in that situation.

Well that's your choice JR however I don't think you should knock the OP's campaign to try to get fellow fans to HELP the club - I just pointed out that it's not a futile guesture and can raise a considerable sum (?1.5-?2M extra). :)

Guest JamboRobbo
Well that's your choice JR however I don't think you should knock the OP's campaign to try to get fellow fans to HELP the club - I just pointed out that it's not a futile guesture and can raise a considerable sum (?1.5-?2M extra). :)

I'm not knocking it.

Just expressing my opinion on why I won't put extra money in right now.

You're not !

Is Campbell Ogilvie not the CEO ? Should he not be saying something ?

ps - I don't think buying pies and bovril helps Hearts. I believe the cash goes to the organisation(s) which buys the concession from Hearts

It's a decent idea.

In reality those not going regularly now are unlikely to go and watch a poorer team especially if they are staying away because of their previous disgust at the Romanov regime.

Charlie-Brown
It's a decent idea.

In reality those not going regularly now are unlikely to go and watch a poorer team especially if they are staying away because of their previous disgust at the Romanov regime.

It's the extra money to Hearts that is the main thing though - it's always possible to find someone to go to the game even if you just give the tickets away in the pub or at school or wherever.

You're not !

ps - I don't think buying pies and bovril helps Hearts. I believe the cash goes to the organisation(s) which buys the concession from Hearts

Hearts get a cut of the profits

Guest JamboRobbo
You're not !

Probably, but realistically what can he say anymore? I'm not sure there is much he can say....

cheers my stomach very much appreciates that - will now be able to enjoy itself without feeling guilty every second saturday :food-smiley-004:

Frankenstein Jambo.

The player need support for the away games and i don't intend on spending hard earned money for some other punter to enjoy it for me. Next idea.

It's the extra money to Hearts that is the main thing though - it's always possible to find someone to go to the game even if you just give the tickets away in the pub or at school or wherever.

If the money was for Hearts then you might have an argument. However we all know that the Romanov's cannot be trusted.

Re tickets, that's simply not been the case this season. We have regularly been left with spares as the interest has waned for many.

If you donated spare tickets to the local school or boys club etc. Someone would use them.

And that is helping Hearts finances how exactly ? Much as I like to be a philanthropist now and again personally I think Romanov should be the one dishing out the funds and begging the Hearts fans to forgive him :)

Charlie-Brown

It helps hearts finances if people bought an extra ticket as the OP suggested. :) & giving them to schools or youth might help create new fans.

It helps hearts finances if people bought an extra ticket as the OP suggested. :) & giving them to schools or youth might help create new fans.

Firstly there is little evidence to suggest that is the case.

Secondly, it's in no way going to make the 1.5 - 2 mill extra immediate income you were talking about.

Thirdly, you will struggle to get new fans along to watch a team of youngsters and duds which is what we may be looking at !

Charlie-Brown

What is the average ticket price x total available tickets x remaining games? If every ticket was sold it must be approx ?2M extra from 7K seats

Guest JamboRobbo
What is the average ticket price x total available tickets x remaining games? If every ticket was sold it must be approx ?2M extra from 7K seats

2M quid eh. Just over half way to covering the unexplained ?3.85M payment in the last set of accounts which was "none of our business".

boabyarsebiscuit

Aren't some of the "7K seats" you keep on banging on about reserved for away fans?

Also, are you in favour of boycotting away games?

The Mighty Thor

Charlie the simple arithmetic is fine. It's where does the extra ?2 million end up?

Most folk wouldn't trust Romanov as far as they could launch him!

Totally agree.

I will buy one or two for the United game to start with.

Charlie-Brown

Well you've already expressed your opinion JR you shouldnt knock other fans ideas who are more pro-hearts & want to help the club.

The Mighty Thor
Well you've already expressed your opinion JR you shouldnt knock other fans ideas who are more pro-hearts & want to help the club.

Charlie you asked a poster to retract a comment made earlier which was no worse than the one you've made above.

For the many things said by JR i wouldn't say he was anti-Hearts.

Charlie-Brown

It's a voluntary idea, people can choose to do it or not, hearts fans can buy the remaining tickets away fans don't take if they want to. :)

Guest JamboRobbo

didn't expect you to stoop so low charlie. especially after you got so upset at a comment suggesting you are paid to post on here.

Seems, as usual, you are confusing supporting Romanov, with supporting Hearts.

And regardless, I wasn't knocking the idea. If anything, I'm suggesting an improvement.

If the club could come out and explain where that 3.85M went, and more importantly, assure us that all money coming in from tickets etc goes towards HMFCs future, then perhaps they could persuade others such as myself that extra contributions could help HMFC.

Charlie-Brown

Thor i didnt say JR was anti hearts in any way. I said other people appear MORE pro-hearts. I also didnt imply anybodies opinion was paid for :)

What happened to the Magnificent 7 scheme.

Many hundreds youngsters got free tickets for Tynecastle last season.

Anyone see any sign that it has had a positive effect on attendances this season?

If people think that they are going to be entertained at Tynecastle they will come along. The sellouts in 2005-6 were because we were an entertaining, exciting team winning games.

CB is talking utter sheite. There have been only around 4k seats available for several of the matches this season and some of them have been in the away end. There may have been less people at the match than announced but the seats have been unused by ST holders.

The idea that 4,000 Hearts fans who have not been attending will suddenly start going to watch youngsters and duds is total pie in the sky. The idea that people will stop going to away games instead going to home games is also nonsense as the vast majority of away fans are ST holders in any case.

It's interesting CB is suddenly looking for money making ideas yet has still failed to denounce the regime for making far more of a mess of things than even the Pieman managed.

Did I just imagine you decreasing the number of ST's you bought ;)

Guest JamboRobbo
Thor i didnt say JR was anti hearts in any way. I said other people appear MORE pro-hearts. I also didnt imply anybodies opinion was paid for :)

As I said, as usual, you're confusing supporting the current majority shareholder, with supporting HMFC.

I'll bet those who protested against Pieman consider themselves more pro-Hearts than anyone.

boabyarsebiscuit
It's interesting CB is suddenly looking for money making ideas yet has still failed to denounce the regime for making far more of a mess of things than even the Pieman managed.

May I just point out. No way did one of these many money making schemes suggested by Charlie include selling your hoose and giving all the money to Romanov.

Guest JamboRobbo
May I just point out. No way did one of these many money making schemes suggested by Charlie include selling your hoose and giving all the money to Romanov.

I was just on my way to the soliciters too :laugh:

Charlie-Brown

On any matchday there is capacity 17.5K less ST 10.5K which leaves 7K tickets for sale. That is potentially ?2M worth of ticket sales/money.

I seem to remember that there's a voucher in the booklet sent out for ST holders which lets you buy two Cat B tickets for a fiver each.

On any matchday there is capacity 17.5K less ST 10.5K which leaves 7K tickets for sale. That is potentially ?2M worth of ticket sales/money.

Even at an average ?20 a ticket 7k = ?140K

Did I just imagine you decreasing the number of ST's you bought ;)

That show of disloyalty will not be well received in the great banking vaults of Kaunas.

Charlie-Brown

I'm sure tynie is more than ?20 per ticket, some are ?30+ so multiply the amount x remaining games = total potential extra income

Charlie-Brown

I only ever had 1 season ticket, my wife had a ticket which she didnt renew the season before last but magic already knows this. :)

I'm sure tynie is more than ?20 per ticket, some are ?30+ so multiply the amount x remaining games = total potential extra income

Stop digging a hole. Only the big games cost anything like that and we haven't even got close to selling out v either Old Firm. 2 million quid extra revenue is total pie in the sky (even if it was for Hearts benefit which I very much doubt !).

Charlie-Brown

Well even by your calculations of ?140K per game is still almost ?1.5M between now & end of season. If every ticket was bought.

I only ever had 1 season ticket, my wife had a ticket which she didnt renew the season before last but magic already knows this. :)

Traitor!

:)

Era Macaroons
I seem to remember that there's a voucher in the booklet sent out for ST holders which lets you buy two Cat B tickets for a fiver each.

Correct...i used 2 of them to take 2 pals to Falkirk game...they want to go again......the promotion works.

He Who Cannot Be Named

A role call for people to spend more money at Tynie, get that feelgood factor exploited!

1st problem, a ticket costs in excess of ?20, Im no financial advisor but with prices like that in todays economic climate you wont consistantly fill the stadium.

2nd problem, an unexplained payment of 3.85 MILLION POUNDS payed to Kaunas, then probably laundered through one of Vlads other cash generators.

An honest man is not a rich man.

Archived