Players in shop window

ToYouToMe

The official site is carrying an interview with Larry saying how he would love to stay at Hearts but the Premiership is appealing. (What sort of club would air such an interview if they were not desperate to offload?) There has also been the story on the official site about Driver and England. This reminds me of the sort of blatant advertising of Craig Gordon before he was sold and it is a total embarassment.

While I think administration is unlikely, there is no doubt that the playing squad is about to be decimated, hold on tight folks.......

Drylaw Hearts
The official site is carrying an interview with Larry saying how he would love to stay at Hearts but the Premiership is appealing. (What sort of club would air such an interview if they were not desperate to offload?) There has also been the story on the official site about Driver and England. This reminds me of the sort of blatant advertising of Craig Gordon before he was sold and it is a total embarassment.

While I think administration is unlikely, there is no doubt that the playing squad is about to be decimated, hold on tight folks.......

They did a similar thing last December when Korobotchup (out of the blue btw) told the EEN that we didn't want to lose Velicka.

It was a free advert in an attempt to cash-in on our Top Goalscorer.

They are shameless. The important thing for me though is that HMFC survive, even with a bunch of kids playing. Anything less than that I cannot even contemplate.

Jam Tarts 1874

I seem to remember Craig Gordon telling anyone who would listen (even before Romanov took over) that he wanted to play in the English Premiership. Some people are just too sensitive!

Guys you need to look at the big picture here.

The World has been hit with a financial crisis that will lead to a recession as deep as the great Depression in the 30's.

You are going to see massive cut backs at ALL Clubs as they are just not going to generate the income from big Companies for sponsorship or hospitality.

This will be a massive problem for Man Utd, Real Madrid, etc NOT just Hearts.

The name of the game for all Clubs is SURVIVAL and if that means selling players then so be it.

Larry is defo offski!

So too are Berra, Driver, Agiuar, Karipidis, Nade, Makela and Miko... probably at the end of the season we will loses Stewart, Jonsson and Wallace too!

We need to raise cash ASAP and the high earners are away. I fully expect this coming January to resemble a fire sale at Tynecastle and thus put an end to our season and the promise of a cup run and european football... to finish it off we will get pumped by hubs in the league and the SC.

This is the credit crunch people and WE WILL ALL SUFFER!

By selling Larry (2 million), Berra (2.5 million), Driver (1.5 million), Nade (500k) and Miko (250k) and the nominal fees for Agiuar and Karipidis we should make approximately 7 million and that will support us till the end of the season. Plus offloading Elliot, Makela, Audrey, Balogh and Tullberg will save on the wage bill too!

Batten down the hatches boys... our season ends in January and the bid for survival starts in February!:sad:

Presumably the financial crisis is affecting most other clubs in the UK (perhaps less severely than in our case) so I'm unsure as to whether or not we can anticipate buyers for all of the aforementioned players.

One way to look at it is...we *probably* have enough points already not to get relegated. So there's always that.

What is the SPL points deduction for going into Administration?

He finds the premiership 'appealing'. Bet you a tenner he'd bite your hand off to get a move to the EPL.

As would 99% of players playing in the SPL!:rolleyes:

If we have to lose guys such as Berra, Driver, Kingston & Bruno, so be it.

I can handle them being replaced with guys like Rapnik, McGowan, R.Wallace, Husband etc, infact it would be pretty refreshing to see some of these guys already involved a bit more often.

I just hope hangers on like Audrey & Makela are given the boot before anybody else.

Player wants to play in one of the top leagues in the world shocker !!!

If you ask 90% of players in the world if they'd be interested in playing in the EPL I'm sure they'd say yes.

Big deal

Larry has always said he'd like to play in the Premiership and it was in the papers that a couple of clubs were interested, maybe that's why they decided to run the story?!

No doubt he will be off very shortly, but some people need to stop seeing a conspiracy in everything!

caithnessjambo

Fingers crossed some EPL will take him he's hardly going to be a great loss is he.

Put your scouts hat on for a second: Would you recommend him to a club? :o

Fingers crossed some EPL will take him he's hardly going to be a great loss is he.

Put your scouts hat on for a second: Would you recommend him to a club? :o

I think Larry playing in a quality team would be sensational.

Guys you need to look at the big picture here.

The World has been hit with a financial crisis that will lead to a recession as deep as the great Depression in the 30's.

You are going to see massive cut backs at ALL Clubs as they are just not going to generate the income from big Companies for sponsorship or hospitality.

This will be a massive problem for Man Utd, Real Madrid, etc NOT just Hearts.

The name of the game for all Clubs is SURVIVAL and if that means selling players then so be it.

great point demonstrated by honda pulling out of formula 1 i too think a huge amount of corporate money is going to poor OUT of football ,maybe not a bad thing ether

I just hope hangers on like Audrey & Makela are given the boot before anybody else.

The thing is that is highly unlikely to be the case. It will be very difficult to get rid of players who are on salaries they will not command elsewhere. We have found that continually with Makela and previously with the likes of Pospisil and Beslija. We will end up losing players we want to keep and keeping players we want to lose. It's a vicious circle and I don't see anyway out of it which is going to be seen as a good one for the Hearts fans.

Larry is defo offski!

So too are Berra, Driver, Agiuar, Karipidis, Nade, Makela and Miko... probably at the end of the season we will loses Stewart, Jonsson and Wallace too!

We need to raise cash ASAP and the high earners are away. I fully expect this coming January to resemble a fire sale at Tynecastle and thus put an end to our season and the promise of a cup run and european football... to finish it off we will get pumped by hubs in the league and the SC.

By selling Larry (2 million), Berra (2.5 million), Driver (1.5 million), Nade (500k) and Miko (250k) and the nominal fees for Agiuar and Karipidis we should make approximately 7 million and that will support us till the end of the season. Plus offloading Elliot, Makela, Audrey, Balogh and Tullberg will save on the wage bill too!

Batten down the hatches boys... our season ends in January and the bid for survival starts in February!:sad:

**** me you are a miserable mod edit!

Larry is defo offski!

Your in a cheery mood today.

Credit crunch or no credit crunch Larry was always the one to be sold in January with maybe Bruno ( hope not ), Makela, Basso, Karipidis with some of our Liths returning home its a fact of life in these trying times we have to sell before we can buy.

Grumpy.

MackaysCentreSpot
Larry is offski! defo

You seem to have chosen to omit something at the start of your post.

And that is IMO

You do not know what you have stated is fact. It is merely your opinion.

I hope we do not loses as many players as you are suggesting.

Archived