Roy Keane Does Leave Sunderland

robbogoal

Keane has leaft Sunderland.

No wonder, they're mince and he's a clown.

Sauce ?

Mmmmmm, mince and sauce ..... mmmmmm

GC

Sexton Hardcastle

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/sunderland/7764671.stm

Roy Keane has left his position as manager of Sunderland Football Club, BBC Sport understands.

Keane has hinted in recent weeks that his future may not be certain hinting that he could leave the club.

Sunderland are 18th in the Premier League and have lost five of their last six games.

The former Manchester United midfielder took over at the Stadium of Light in 2006 and led them to the Premier League in the 2006/07 season.

Has spent some crazy crazy money on ****e. Should have got his defence sorted out.

Reading Niall Quinn's book, would not be surprised if Sunderland go for Peter Reid as a short term stop gap - although I think he is managing in the far east at the moment.

Sexton Hardcastle

On the subject of CG, does anyone know if we havea sell on clause on him? "If" Sunderland go down he would surley move to one of the top 6 clubs. A few extra quid for Hearts to make.

Has spent some crazy crazy money on ****e. Should have got his defence sorted out.

Reading Niall Quinn's book, would not be surprised if Sunderland go for Peter Reid as a short term stop gap - although I think he is managing in the far east at the moment.

He's managing THAILAND.... how bizarre.

Paddy; I think there is a santa which states if they get relegated he can leave... pretty sure that was mentioned a while back.

Sexton Hardcastle
He's managing THAILAND.... how bizarre.

Paddy; I think there is a santa which states if they get relegated he can leave... pretty sure that was mentioned a while back.

Fair do's. If it wasnt so tight aroudn the bottom of the EPl they would be a shoe'n for goin down but Stoke/Bolton/Wigan are due a run a bad results. That with a pish Newcastle team i reckon they mite just stay up.

Fair do's. If it wasnt so tight aroudn the bottom of the EPl they would be a shoe'n for goin down but Stoke/Bolton/Wigan are due a run a bad results. That with a pish Newcastle team i reckon they mite just stay up.

An experienced manager will keep them up no probs imo.

They have the players they just didnt have a manager that had a scooby how to manage in the EPL.

alwaysthereinspirit

Winner as a player but seems he lost the plot as a manager this season. Did a great job in his first year (championship) but I thought he looked lost in the two Premiership seasons.

loveofthegame

Keane has spent a frightening amount of $$ on mince. 1 good season in the Championship and he was quoted as being the next Utd manager- what a load of pish! Then suddenly walks out as soon as the going gets a wee bit tough- always the sign of a poor, weak manager imo aka Kevin Keegan.

I totally agree I think this is another usual rash decision in the EPL

The boy jones has been injured as well, his form will come good.

They have the players they just didnt have a manager that had a scooby how to manage in the EPL.

Completely agree with you. The guy chopped and changed his team every week and seemed to fall out with a lot of people (not really a surprise). He got the team playing like individuals and it'll not be difficult for Sunderland to find someone who can manage better.

Jason McAteer was just on Sky saying that even though they were team mates they are not friends as Keane is difficult to get on with and "aloof".

Comments like that remind me of Souness, who would walk past his players in the morning and not even say hello.

Great player but seems he's a t*t of a guy.

Keane has spent a frightening amount of $$ on mince. 1 good season in the Championship and he was quoted as being the next Utd manager- what a load of pish! Then suddenly walks out as soon as the going gets a wee bit tough- always the sign of a poor, weak manager imo aka Kevin Keegan.

to be fair you have to spend a frighting amount of cash just to be in the relegation zone of that league

Guest gorgie kev
Wonder if WGS quits or is pushed if Keane will become next manager of "them"????

Well he has all the "qualities"to be part of the cheltic fhamily.

Hope he does go and brings the dirthy manky **** done around there ears.

iamcraigbeattie

So much for the next Alex ferguson. Hes been giving far too many chance and far too much money. Hes also made a few shocking signings.

Goldstone Wonder
That job has got Sam Allardyce's name all over it.

that was my first thought as well.

Its pretty much guarenteed that he will get another Premiership job.

Perhaps Blackburn if they punt Ince?

So much for the next Alex ferguson. Hes been giving far too many chance and far too much money. Hes also made a few shocking signings.

It would appear the Ferguson magic does not rub off on ex players especially in the EPL, Keane's out Ince Bruce and Hughes are struggling.

Should've learned from Ferguson rather than Strachan...Like Celtic all the quality was in the GK, midfield and up front. The Sunderland defence is garbage...

Actually it wouldn't totally surprise me if WGS fancied his return to the EPL at Sunderland...

Eh? One minute you're doing him for wasting huge amounts of money. The next, you acknowledge that they 'have the players'. Which is it?

Below, the thoughts of a Newcastle fan I hugely respect. While Keane had run out of steam and come to the end of the road - it happens - I don't disagree with a word of the below:

I feel rather sad for Keane tbh. I feel he has managed the club with a dignity he rarely displayed on the pitch, but it looks as though he has just run out of ideas that can take the club forward.

If he feels he has reached that point he would be doing the honourable thing by going, and giving the club the chance to make a fresh start under a new Manager.

His failings have largely been in the transfer market, where problems persuading good players to move to mackemland has perhaps proven pivotal.

Signing Diouf and Chimbonda didn't help mind!

That job has got Sam Allardyce's name all over it.

My thoughts as well. The position they are in, their board don't have the luxury of taking a gamble. They need a 'been there, done that, fought relegation and won kind of manager', and there aren't too many around.

He'll also have a hunger to shove it up Newcastle as well, which SAFC might just use to their advantage.

My thoughts as well. The position they are in, their board don't have the luxury of taking a gamble. They need a 'been there, done that, fought relegation and won kind of manager', and there aren't too many around.

He'll also have a hunger to shove it up Newcastle as well, which SAFC might just use to their advantage.

And he's an ex Sunderland captain.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/sunderland/article5281969.ece

How Keane blew ?80 million in 2 years:eek:

Eh? One minute you're doing him for wasting huge amounts of money. The next, you acknowledge that they 'have the players'. Which is it?

Below, the thoughts of a Newcastle fan I hugely respect. While Keane had run out of steam and come to the end of the road - it happens - I don't disagree with a word of the below:

I feel rather sad for Keane tbh. I feel he has managed the club with a dignity he rarely displayed on the pitch, but it looks as though he has just run out of ideas that can take the club forward.

If he feels he has reached that point he would be doing the honourable thing by going, and giving the club the chance to make a fresh start under a new Manager.

His failings have largely been in the transfer market, where problems persuading good players to move to mackemland has perhaps proven pivotal.

Signing Diouf and Chimbonda didn't help mind!

think its 70 million on 40 players... he does have the players but he's spunked a lotta lotta dosh on average players that should keep them up but nothing else.

think its 70 million on 40 players... he does have the players but he's spunked a lotta lotta dosh on average players that should keep them up but nothing else.

Someone was on here some time ago telling us that Sunderland/Keane was how a football club should be run. We may have our problems but when you look at the likes of the Mackems, Newcastle, Rangers and many more, we are not alone.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Keane is definitely not useless.

In his first two seasons as a manager he took Sunderland from the BOTTOM of the Championship to a Premiership club. That is nothing short of a miracle.

Folk go on about the money he spent but you have to keep in mind that he was working with an absolutely shocking squad and spent 9 million of that money on Gordon.

One negative about him is he seems to have gave up rather easily. Not the sort of thing you would have seen from Keane the player.

I blame McShane.

He won the championship brilliantly and seemed to be a good tactician/motivator.

The problem is his signings and his transfer priorities.

Gordon apart he hasn't signed anywhere enough quality in defence and it's showed.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
He won the championship brilliantly and seemed to be a good tactician/motivator.

The problem is his signings and his transfer priorities.

Gordon apart he hasn't signed anywhere enough quality in defence and it's showed.

Anton Ferdinand and Chimbonda are top quality although Chimbonda is a nutjob.

If I remember rightly, he has used almost every player at the club in his matchday squad during this season.

Constant chopping and changing never helps.

Just ask us about that over the last two years!

Wonder if WGS quits or is pushed if Keane will become next manager of "them"????

I could see that aswell. Which would be a shame because as it stands I quite like keane.

Millfield_Mackem

Well here's my thoughts on the matter.

I admire Keane for coming to a rudderless ship, but not only saving us but by winning us the title. He is the first manager in sunderlands history to come in and get promotion on the first attempt. Perhaps was down to the 'Keane Factor'. He was an outspoken person as a player and continued to be the same as a manager, this includes his infamous speach about WAG's and calling Jack Warner a clown.

He has giving Sunderland a shake up which it has needed in decades. He came in and raised the bar to something us SAFC fans have never seen before. 100% commited (we thought) and was driven by success. If anyone didnt pull their weight, there would be trouble, whether it be a player or a tea lady. We are finally run like a proper football club should be run. He had to spunk millions last season to give us a chance to stay up. He spent 40 million on mainly rubbish, but also bought some decent players. That 40 million kept us up, B'Ham and Derby spent less and got relegated. Job done.

This season he's brought some players with a bit of vision and a first touch, although its nothing much, it's been sadly lacking for years. He's given us a first home derby win 28 years, and it felt special to be apart of that.

Ever since then, he's lost it. There has been rumours about him walking out before Blackburn, which i believe was propaganda. It done the job and we won. Keane became a hero again. I always thought he was the man to keep the characters such as Chimbo, Diouf, Cisse, Richardson et all in check. However, stories which were leaked proved otherwise. He started to decline in charisma, passion and tactical nouse.

Sunderland are well known for scoring last minute goals. I fully believe this is because of Keane's never say die attitude. He has let us down with some idiotic team selections and silly substitutions. He started to get on the back on some fans. All we wanted was a settled side.

If Keane can't take the pressure of a bad run, then he isn't the man for Sunderland Football Club. I always thought Keane would get it right here, if given the support from everyone, including us fans. He's left us in the mire, we need a leader at the moment, he's gone and left us in the relegation zone, although it's 7 points from 8th place.

Id love to see a continental manager come in and carry on the good work Keane had made over the past two years. Although, i think this job is tailor made for Big Sam. He has plenty of experience in this league, and not soo long ago was touted as the hottest british manager. He's got the best out of troublemakers e.g anelka, Jay Jay and Diouf. He was fantastic at getting the best out of average players such as Nolan. He's tatically aware, and will stop us from leaking stupid goals at the back. Get our backline sorted and we'll be fine, i can guarentee it. He built up a now respected club on limited funds with small expectation. I think the sky is the limit with him with a bit of financial support from our board. We have cash to spend if the squad needs tweaking, which it does, but thats a different matter.

We'd be a nothing club without Niall Quinn. He's a living legend. He looked truely gutted in his press conference and it shows how much he is passionate about this club and will strive to get us back up where we belong. He's such a charasmatic and humble fella. Whoever he brings in, i fully support them and i trust in the big man not to let us down.

That's my take.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article2006549.ece

ROY KEANE ruled Sunderland with a ferocious anger and explosive mood swings that left players and staff in a constant state of fear.

Today, we can lift the lid on the remarkable dressing-room tantrums, confrontations and bust-ups that turned Sunderland into a ticking timebomb.

SunSport can reveal the former Manchester United star:

* Hurled foul-mouthed tirades at both senior and young players

* Lashed out with his arms and legs as his temper boiled over

* Blanked players for no apparent reason

* And launched into a bizarre kung-fu attack ? on a training chalkboard!

It was this last episode that graphically summed up the madness of King Roy.

At half-time during one game this season, Keane asked one of his assistants to set up the tactics board while he disappeared into the toilet.

He returned to launch a kung-fu kick at the object, sending it flying into the wall of the dressing room.

He then called three different players a ?^^^^? and took a swipe at another one, only just missing his jaw.

The Black Cats men had got used to Keane losing his rag but this was the final straw for many.

There had been a number of occasions when Keane?s post-match team talk would seemingly spell the end of several players? careers.

He would say things like ?There are four players in this room who will never play for the club again? only for a similar line-up to run out the following week.

The reserve team were not immune to his fury either. Keano went to watch one game and burst into the dressing room at half time.

He bawled this message: ?I?ve come to see how many of you can make it into the first team one day, well I?m telling you now, none of you ever will.?

Players could find themselves blanked by Keane for weeks on end without an explanation.

Training routines would often leave the stars scratching their heads.

One top boss refused to send Keane a player on loan because he thought the whole situation under him at Sunderland was too unstable.

If Keane can't take the pressure of a bad run, then he isn't the man for Sunderland Football Club. I always thought Keane would get it right here, if given the support from everyone, including us fans. He's left us in the mire, we need a leader at the moment, he's gone and left us in the relegation zone, although it's 7 points from 8th place.

At the moment, nobody from 7th to 20th is safe - the league is topsy turvy at the mo. I'll be heading along to Craven Cottage tomorrow, knowing that we could move anywhere between 7th and 15th. After the Wigan match a few weeks back, we went from 19th to 9th in 90 minutes - its mad!

That's why him leaving now just seems such a pathetic exit to me. Your not even stranded at the bottom - just in amongst with everyone else. And you have some cracking players (especially Steeeeeed!), if some defensive problems. Nothing that can't be fixed though.

For all his leadership and presence, Keane is just a quitter at the end of the day.

Nae bottle.

Millfield_Mackem
At the moment, nobody from 7th to 20th is safe - the league is topsy turvy at the mo. I'll be heading along to Craven Cottage tomorrow, knowing that we could move anywhere between 7th and 15th. After the Wigan match a few weeks back, we went from 19th to 9th in 90 minutes - its mad!

That's why him leaving now just seems such a pathetic exit to me. Your not even stranded at the bottom - just in amongst with everyone else. And you have some cracking players (especially Steeeeeed!), if some defensive problems. Nothing that can't be fixed though.

For all his leadership and presence, Keane is just a quitter at the end of the day.

Nae bottle.

I totally agree, which may sounds contradictory. Its just how we've lost 7 out of 8. The Keane we all know, in his playing days would grab every single player on his side and drag them up and win the game. I think we expected to see that grit on the field at the moment. We all wanted him to succeed. He was a breath of fresh air around the place. He needed to grab the by the bootstraps and pull them over the line.

Our season starts against West Brom next week.

I'm not surprised he has left. After watching the game on Saturday the post match interview, he didn't even look that bothered.

I've not seen much of sunderland this season, but i was shocked at how poor they were. I don't think i've seen defending as bad as that from professional footballers in one game. Even Gordon could have maybe saved a couple of them but he looks less assured than he has done in the past. as did the rest of the team to be honest.

Sam is a shoe in for the job, hopefully they have hit rock bottom and the only way is up.

Drylaw Hearts

SSN now saying this is a real possibilty.

Top Marks GA.

Millfield_Mackem
SSN now saying this is a real possibilty.

Top Marks GA.

There is no chance PR will come back. None at all. If he does, im never ever going back, ever!

Drylaw Hearts
There is no chance PR will come back. None at all. If he does, im never ever going back, ever!

He did say that 1 or 2 might not be happy right enough !!!!

Archived