Associated Cash Flow Problems [MERGED THREADS]

bighalders

According to EEN some players still not paid, meeting held with them but no date given when it will be sorted.

If you doubted we are in the sh*t before you surely can't now, very very very worrying, either totally incompetent or we can't afford to pay

According to EEN some players still not paid, meeting held with them but no date given when it will be sorted.

If you doubted we are in the sh*t before you surely can't now, very very very worrying, either totally incompetent or we can't afford to pay

Bet you got a stiffy when you heard ;)

the voice from above
EEN ?

Nothing on the website? Pretty sure it's not published until later on, like, towards the Evening...

FWIW, the newspaper stall closest to bighalders work gets the EEN between ten and ten thirty. This issue is not available online until half eleven or so.

Nothing on the website? Pretty sure it's not published until later on, like, towards the Evening...

Very true, but rereading the OP did suggest that the EEN was the source . .

Nucky Thompson
9am briefing on the EEN website, Hearts and Arbroath at war over Webster. Nothing about players wages.

As stated above, not true. However, when it is online around half eleven (odd that, last time I looked 11:30 am was not the Evening...?) you can read it then. :)

Its here

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/topstories/-Several-Hearts-players-still.4760749.jp

"SEVERAL Hearts players have still not received their overdue wages from last week, the Evening News can reveal.

Certain members of the squad, understood to include Andy Driver, Bruno Aguiar and Christos Karipidis, were not paid on Monday when the club processed outstanding monies for their players."

I'm really worried.

Surely we can raise a good few million in January tho?

That should keep the administrators away

It's all these wage thieves we have had in the past 3.5 years

Makela

Beslija

Pinilla

and so on and so on

So many people who have taken so much and contributed sweet **** ALL!

FWIW, the newspaper stall closest to bighalders work gets the EEN between ten and ten thirty. This issue is not available online until half eleven or so.

Cheers and correct, I'm a bit concerned at this latest story

Cheers and correct, I'm a bit concerned at this latest story

No probs mate. :) Catch you for a few pints in the new year. ;)

In your OP you stated SOME players. Do you know how many? 1-2-3 perhaps? When the whole team are not paid and they refuse to play THEN it's time to worry not before.

Guest JamboRobbo
In your OP you stated SOME players. Do you know how many? 1-2-3 perhaps? When the whole team are not paid and they refuse to play THEN it's time to worry not before.

it lists bruno, driver and karapidas as three of them. Still, lets wait till some important players don't get paid eh. :P

The report says several I don't think the OP would know how many he was talking from the articles point of view which does actually name 3 players as i posted the opening 2 paragraphs of the said article

FORFUXAKE.

This imo is bad news. Needs to get sorted asap. For it to be 3 of our best performers... stinks.

Hearts get its sorted.

I also think it rules out those players as being the moles... the daily ****** would have ran with this had they known yesterday.

The EEN names Driver, Karipidis and Aguiar, but the term they use is "several".

You don't think it is an issue when we only pay some players their wages? :eek:

Of course, it could be some banking issue (ie those with Halifax accounts had a delay) that may be rectified soon. Given every other player got their money on Monday and we are now at Thursday it is alarming.

Ok without getting to defensive about this lets look at the article in question

A Tynecastle source said: "It seems not everyone got their money on Monday and there was a meeting about it."

an unamed "Source" it wouldnt be the first time banderson has ran a story regarding information he has supposedly recieved from an unamed source which has turned out to be complete rubbish.

Not good if it does turn out to be true, but i would rather someone a little more reliable was giving us information than banderson, especially since there are no direct quotes being attributed to anyone.

the voice from above
As stated above, not true. However, when it is online around half eleven (odd that, last time I looked 11:30 am was not the Evening...?) you can read it then. :)

Wasn't having a go mate.

It wasn't on the website, and I would have thought updating of the website would happen very close to the time the first papers hit the shops.

Towards the evening is not evening.

Anyway, more importantly, ****!

We're either in the **** or are run by world class amatuers! Not much of a choice is it?

In my defence I was typing my post when the quotes went up. However I am still of the opinion that the press stir thing too much, and we should wait to find out what the players are doing about it. Lets not forget they can't be in dire straights just because one wage was missed. I worked for the Scottish Ambulance service and missing wages was a common occurance. Paid MONTHLY and family and mortgages to pay and the press printed he-haw.

Football players get well paid and should have a reserve funds to tide them over a week or two.

Wasn't having a go mate.

It wasn't on the website, and I would have thought updating of the website would happen very close to the time the first papers hit the shops.

Towards the evening is not evening.

Anyway, more importantly, ****!

We're either in the **** or are run by world class amatuers! Not much of a choice is it?

It's no probs, I was just teasin'! :)

I only know the above because I used to buy my paper from the same stall and have had the same issues when passing on info from the paper. I used to pass it on to some of the guys that I knew could put it on here, and all they got was "source?" and "it is not on the site yet". Nothing ever changes!

Drylaw Hearts
You mean everyone has been paid then?

Sorry Boris - I wasn't attempting to be sarcastic.

The phrase 'non-story' was being used by some earlier this week.

but that is dated the 3.12.08 ?

I noticed that too that it is yesterdays date, however this part of the article leads me to think they have got the date of publication wrong

With this week's salaries due to drop into players' accounts tomorrow, players have been left fearing a repeat scenario of last week's delay.

Even going by yesterdays date (Wednesday) its still 2 days after layers have supposedly been paid or should have been.

As i said in previous post though, i would rather wait and here it from a more reliable outlet than banderson/EN especially when the wording says "It seems" and "Source" with no direct quotes from anyone we know, and especially when a publication cannot even get the date correct

Seymour M Hersh

Really strange if correct that some have and some have not been paid. Now that actually does sound more like a possible bank glitch/blip/FU!!

Guest JamboRobbo
Really strange if correct that some have and some have not been paid. Now that actually does sound more like a possible bank glitch/blip/FU!!

they've already shown if it is just a "glitch" (as was claimed last week), it is possible to sort it in one working day (e.g. players not paid Friday, sorted by monday).

So, even if they realised on Monday that some players hadn't been paid, if the money was there, it would surely have been possible to have it paid by Tuesday or Wednesday (taking previous precedent that it can be sorted in one working day).

It's currently Thursday.......even if they sort it today, if the money is there, the players can be paid by tomorrow. But will they be? Who knows. I'm probably just being too simplistic or something. :P

Nelly Terraces

Agree there mate, and if it is the case HMFC must come out and say so, and also state how f'ing unhappy they are that this situation has been allowed to happen - we should be kicking major erse over this, as, if true. it's a total embarrassment to the entire club.

Your not still falling for the glitch story are you. Our club with one of the worst financial records in the league, is not paying its players and you still think a glitch is the problem, get real. Honestly when will you consider that all is not well at Tynie, we've been financially mismanaged for years, prior to Vlad and since Vlad came on board, the chances that we simply couldnt afford to pay the wages are quite high unfortunately

I guess there is rainbow here within which this continuing situation falls

From "Incompetent" at one end to "games a bogey" at the other.

It is, however, a rainbow of merde and there is little postive to be argued in the clubs favour on this issue even if we are towards the incompetent end of the rainbow

Shabby

Arse. I was saying last week that with all the good things on the park there had to be a Romanov round the corner :(

Three of our best not paid? That's just nonsense. Surely it has been sorted by now? Hopefully not a shifty way to ensure they accept a deal to leave in Jan.

Its interesting in all of this that Csaba has regularly spoken about what happened at Ferencvaros with players not getting paid, and how he had to deal with that

Its all a bit of a coincidence is it not? You've got to wonder if the fact he experienced this had anything to do with his appointment.

Hopefully not a shifty way to ensure they accept a deal to leave in Jan.

I have to say that had crossed my mind. One player out of contract in the summer, one has been rumoured to want to return home and the other courting interest and that VR has already played a similar game with.

May just be a coincidence though.

marshallschunkychicken
I have to say that had crossed my mind. One player out of contract in the summer, one has been rumoured to want to return home and the other courting interest and that VR has already played a similar game with.

Nothing would surprise me these days.

I can feel the goodwill being sucked out of me on a daily basis.

Its interesting in all of this that Csaba has regularly spoken about what happened at Ferencvaros with players not getting paid, and how he had to deal with that

Its all a bit of a coincidence is it not? You've got to wonder if the fact he experienced this had anything to do with his appointment.

I dont see it as a coincidence, each time this has happened the media have been hounding csaba for news on it, how players are feeling, his views on it etc, so in return he tells them its not a problem and he regularly had to deal with this at ferencvaros, meaning he is not new to the situation. If he wasnt being asked the questions he wouldnt be replying by talking about his previous times dealing with this.

Well it is alleged that Rudi had to forego some win bonuses to seal his move away. I think Rudi said as much.

It is conceivable that Vlad would do such a thing

Treat players in such a way that they are desperate to leave, use money as leverage, build up a scenario where there are sums due to players, tell them they cant leave unless they forego these sums, oh, and if they stay they won't be playing...

With this in mind the players listed as still being unpaid are interesting.

Driver, having already been bullied at his contract signing time, is now allegedly on the receiving end again.

Seymour M Hersh
they've already shown if it is just a "glitch" (as was claimed last week), it is possible to sort it in one working day (e.g. players not paid Friday, sorted by monday).

So, even if they realised on Monday that some players hadn't been paid, if the money was there, it would surely have been possible to have it paid by Tuesday or Wednesday (taking previous precedent that it can be sorted in one working day).

It's currently Thursday.......even if they sort it today, if the money is there, the players can be paid by tomorrow. But will they be? Who knows. I'm probably just being too simplistic or something. :P

If there is no money then why did they not pull all the players into a meeting and explain that they would all receive something just not 100% this week. Seems strange for most to get 100% and others to get zero which is why I suggested at last it may really be a bank issue. None of us know though so it's all just conjecture/speculation etc etc. One thing is certain though it needs sorted and quickly.

Archived