Portsmouth and Bolton to battle it out for Kingston.

vegas-voss

So says the Sun.

Back page today.Funny how a win over Rangers and Suddenly we are losing all our players.It was Berra the other day and will surely be Driver the morn.

So says the Sun.

Back page today.Funny how a win over Rangers and Suddenly we are losing all our players.It was Berra the other day and will surely be Driver the morn.

I have heard he is defiantely off in Jan and Bolton was the likely destination.

Anything over ?2m and I will be delighted - face it - we need to raise a decent sum and I am sure I speak for most when I say we cannot afford to lose Berra, Driver or Bruno.

Anything over ?2m and I will be delighted - face it - we need to raise a decent sum and I am sure I speak for most when I say we cannot afford to lose Berra, Driver or Bruno.

if we get anywhere near that it is great business.My point on the story is more about how suddenly because of one win over Rangers and a slight bit of pressure added to them for the CL spot the tabloids suddenly have our players linked with clubs.

Lets hope the fact that a couple of Premiership sides are in for him will drive the price up. Hopefully some of the money raised will be re-invested in players who do not pick and choose which matches they want to perform in.

PresidentRomanov

Larry will do well in the EPL, he'll probably up his game a bit, but we're not getting the best out of him, especially given his salary, best for all concerned if he moves on i think.

I'd much rather lose Larry than Berra, Driver or Bruno.

By far the easiest player to replace out of the 4 IMO.

Yup, ?2m+ and i'll happily say bu-bye to Larry.

Great player on his day, just picks and chooses, unprofessional.

Larry only turns it on when he wants too, definitly no real loss since most weeks he runs about like a petulant child.

?2 million and I'd snap their hand off. Played well on saturday but one swallow doesn't make a summer.

Geoff Kilpatrick

He is a quality player, when he wants to be.

?2M would be good business but I think Portsmouth would have to wait until they sell Diarra, as they need to raise funds as well.

got to say I agree with the majority of the responses. I really enjoy watching him play when he decides to turn up but get so frustrated when he can't be bothered.

Did he not say initially that he hoped to do well at hearts and that he hoped this would lead to a move to the EPL

I'd much rather lose Larry than Berra, Driver or Bruno.

By far the easiest player to replace out of the 4 IMO.

I dont think he would be replaced anyway, he would make way for another squad member while the fee would go towards reducing debt.

Personally i would like to see Larry sold and the money used to buy a striker , that seems the logical thing to do.

I'm taking the Bolton story with pinch of salt.

IIRC, they showed an interest before and it was Allerdyce that was sniffing around. He's long gone and I think the papers are simply drawing up a fairly tenuous link.

As lechat has said... would happily lose Larry to keep Bruno.

Oh and we dont have to replace him.. we have enough (almost too much) cover in midfield.

boabyarsebiscuit
So says the Sun.

The story is probably a load of Turkey!

;-)

The Daily Record has four clubs after him

PORTSMOUTH, WIGAN and BOLTON are set to battle it out for HEARTS star LARYEA KINGSTON. However, a top La Liga side has also been linked with a move for the Ghana midfielder.

The Mighty Thor

We need to speak to Rod Petrie's marketing people. If they can get ?4 mill for that hod carrier Broon and there's talk of ?3 or ?4 million for Fletcher then we should see a decent return on Kingston.

Anything over ?2 million would be a great bit of business.

Victor Meldrew

Hope it's true that there are about 3 or 4 clubs after him - it's bound to increase the price.

IF (and it's a big if) we could get ?3m for him (not out of thequestion if a bidding war starts) we could spend ?500-750,000 on a decent SPL replacement (not sure whom at the mo, but there must be someone...) and pocket the rest, also reducing the wage bil.

Good bit of business in my view.

?2m for Kingston would be an awful bit of business.

As has been mentioned:

Broon ?4m?

Gordon ?9m

Fletcher ?3m being touted around.

Kingston will be missed if he does go. And if he does go we should be looking for ?4m in today's market.

Drylaw Hearts

PORTSMOUTH, WIGAN and BOLTON are set to battle it out for HEARTS star LARYEA KINGSTON. However, a top La Liga side has also been linked with a move for the Ghana midfielder.

Barcelona ?

:)

I'm taking the Bolton story with pinch of salt.

IIRC, they showed an interest before and it was Allerdyce that was sniffing around. He's long gone and I think the papers are simply drawing up a fairly tenuous link.

Could be the same scouts tho.

Sexton Hardcastle

If theres one club in the EPl that would possibly buy him it would be Bolton. Although i cant see them having much of a transfer budget after splashing 8/9 mil on the swedish boy. Pompey have an alright midfeild. Kingston wouldnt bring much to their game. If he goes it would maybe be to a championship side hoping to push for promotion.

As has been mentioned:

Broon ?4m?

Gordon ?9m

Kingston will be missed if he does go. And if he does go we should be looking for ?4m in today's market.

Well said Sir, although we appear to be in the minority:eek:

Drylaw Hearts

?2million would be a great bit of business for a player who has only had 2 good games all season.

Anything more would be a ridiculous sum of money.

And btw......

We didn't miss him when he was out for all those weeks.

Anything over 2m is a great bit of business for Hearts and it should hopefully finance Csaba's signings in January.

Larry can be great at times and it's been cool having him play for us, but his contribution is not enough to justify his salary. He's also not a team player and the money that he's paid / worth could be more effectively used.

Thanks for the good times Larry but time to move on.

As lechat has said... would happily lose Larry to keep Bruno.

Oh and we dont have to replace him.. we have enough (almost too much) cover in midfield.

I would agree that Kingston would not be a huge loss, however we need to be careful about our options. Not so long ago we had loads of strikers then all of a sudden we were really short. Right now, we have Kingston, Mikoliunas and Cesnauskis for that right sided role. If we were to lose Kingston and Mikoliunas (as mooted the other day there) we would be left with only Cesnauskis or chucking someone there like Jonsson.

IMO, sell Kingston, let Mikoliunas and Cesnauskis go, bring in someone to play on the right and back him up with a young lad like Templeton or Wallace.

The Mighty Thor

As has been mentioned:

Broon ?4m?

Gordon ?9m

Kingston is not worth ?4 million. Not even close to that. If we got ?2 million we should be delighted. The harsh reality might be that one of the 3 clubs mooted could fire in a ?600,000 bid to test Romanov's bottle.

I could see the big money move if Larry was turning in MOM peformances week in week out and bagging 20 goals a season. He's not. He's performing once in a while and is as good as a man down the majority of the time.

Apart from his spell on loan and the odd flash of genius - overall he's been a big disappointment.

He won't be missed CL.

Although I stick up for Larry DH, I agree he has been disappointing on occasions.

I just feel he brings us something different in an offensive sense when on his game but looking at our financial position he WILL defo go which disappoints me.

I'm afraid Miko, Chesny, Eggy on occasions do nothing for me wide right.

PS Although Larry should be in the middle - but thats another thread!!:P

Kingston and Palazuelos are players we need for the big games - they are better than their OF counterparts and are able to raise their game for such occasions. Whether either is a player for the hum-drum matches when our midfield is not under pressure to retain possession (Ruben's strength) or in Larry's case when he cannot be ersed, is another matter...

Guest JamboRobbo
Kingston and Palazuelos are players we need for the big games - they can be better on their day than their OF counterparts and are able to raise their game for such occasions. Whether either is a player for the hum-drum matches when our midfield is not under pressure to retain possession (Ruben's strength) or in Larry's case when he cannot be ersed, is another matter...

agreed with a slight amendment! :)

Father Tiresias

?1m, ?2m or ?3m. Great business for Hearts, or is it great business for the owner.

It'll only be a great piece of business to me if I see some re-investment in the team.

Apart from his spell on loan and the odd flash of genius - overall he's been a big disappointment.

He won't be missed CL.

so he's not good enough for Hearts but 3 Prem sides and a La Liga side are looking at him?

Some on here a month or so ago would have had you believe Berra isn't good enough for Hearts either.

Bizarre.

Kingston is not worth ?4 million. Not even close to that. If we got ?2 million we should be delighted. The harsh reality might be that one of the 3 clubs mooted could fire in a ?600,000 bid to test Romanov's bottle.

I could see the big money move if Larry was turning in MOM peformances week in week out and bagging 20 goals a season. He's not. He's performing once in a while and is as good as a man down the majority of the time.

Aye, cos Vlad's bottle fair crashed when Sunderland came calling for Gordon.

Probably the only thing you CAN'T fault Vlad for is getting good money for players who are under contract.

agreed with a slight amendment! :)

Yep, I'd accept that - these things are always dependent on how both the Hearts player and the opposition player performs on the day...

If we are to compete in OF games though, these are exactly the guys we need on the pitch. For other matches I would perhaps rather see a slightly more attacking player than Ruben alongside Karapidis in the middle (such as Stewart, or Bruno if we are to ever play 2 strikers), and at away matches I'd rather see Miko over Larry, and at home Chesney. I see no reason (other than the obvious difficulty of keeping 3 players happy whilst not playing every week) in using "horses for courses"...

Drylaw Hearts
so he's not good enough for Hearts but 3 Prem sides and a La Liga side are looking at him?

Some on here a month or so ago would have had you believe Berra isn't good enough for Hearts either.

Bizarre.

Where did I say he wasn't good enough for Hearts ?

His ability is not in question - it's his attitude, application and work rate.

This is probably the reason why he's drfited from small club to small club whilst many of his Ghanian teammates have signed for some of the biggest clubs in europe.

Must be true if it is the Daily Sons of William...I hope the "La Liga" side is Getefu.... Seriously, if he is good enough to partner Essien in Ghana's midfield, then he is worth much more than 2 million quid surely?

Must be true if it is the Daily Sons of William...I hope the "La Liga" side is Getefu.... Seriously, if he is good enough to partner Essien in Ghana's midfield, then he is worth much more than 2 million quid surely?

I think the wages debacle leaves us wide open to losing good players for smaller fees - back to the good old days of the Pieman.

If the buying club thinks we need to sell to pay the wages/survive they are not going to offer top dollar and are going to test our resolve with pathetic offers.

I can see Kingston going for ?2m at the very most, unless recent events are satisfactorily explained in public.

Drylaw Hearts

If he is good enough to partner Essien in Ghana's midfield the he surely would signed for a far bigger club than Hearts and for a lot more than ?500,000 - surely ???

iamcraigbeattie

Surely Kingstons worth at least ?3 - ?4 million. At least we all know Vlad wont let him go for peanuts!! But ?3m comes in then its bye bye time!!

The Mighty Thor
Aye, cos Vlad's bottle fair crashed when Sunderland came calling for Gordon.

Probably the only thing you CAN'T fault Vlad for is getting good money for players who are under contract.

you cannot compare Gordon to Kingston. the only thing they have in common is that they are male.

IF there's a bidding war on Larryea Kingston i can almost guarantee it won't start at ?3 million.

As i say ?2 million would be a right result.

Archived