Romanov seen the light ?

Sydney from Sydney

Sydney from Sydney

I see Deans has mentioned the empty seats at Tynecastle and has appealed for fans who didn't renew their season tickets to come back. Could it be that Romanov has finally realised his interfering has affected attendance figures and that's why he's given the coach more autonomy in chosing a settled team ? As Deans says it works both ways.

jack D and coke

You can only hope.

I suppose we're only surmising that he's not actively involved on selection because results are going our way but i hope and pray that he's changing after seeing the gaps open up in the stadium.

Let Csaba sink or swim i say.

rudi must stay
I see Deans has mentioned the empty seats at Tynecastle and has appealed for fans who didn't renew their season tickets to come back. Could it be that Romanov has finally realised his interfering has affected attendance figures and that's why he's given the coach more autonomy in chosing a settled team ? As Deans says it works both ways.

tbh i don't think Romanov has interfered at all in the last year, probably because he's realised that him interfering wasn't getting us anywhere

apparently a lot of folk are waiting to renew until they know that vlad no longer has any say in team affairs. i think they are expecting some kind of official announcement to that effect and then they will happily swoop down to tynecastle to sign up again.

maybe the announcement will be made tomorrow, maybe friday.

Guest Fabuloso
apparently a lot of folk are waiting to renew until they know that vlad no longer has any say in team affairs. i think they are expecting some kind of official announcement to that effect and then they will happily swoop down to tynecastle to sign up again.

For you that's very restrained V!

Us glory hunters expect worse.:)

Teuchterjambo

Surely they won't get back as easy as that - will they not have to satisfy the "Fan Censor Police" that inhabit this board ?

You know the "I'm a better fan than you brigade" who would rather sit in a half empty Tynecastle content in their smug superiority that they are the only real fans !

Sadly I dont think this is likely to happen this season. A few of my regular match-day buddies, have declined to renew this year for & I quote " long as Romanov is still in charge & his ar*e still has a hole in it"

Thus making my home match days a little short on half-time conversation.

We have won 5 on the bounce and things on the playing front are indeed looking better at this moment in time.

However this has manifested itself in the last 2 months IMHO.

Vlad has spent the last 30 months making a complete @arsehole of running our club.

So LD is suggesting that after a possible swing in the right direction of 6.667% time wise, all Hearts fans should beat the doors down at Tynecastle to buy season tickets or start going to games.

THAT WILL BE SHINING BRIGHT

We haven't even hit the transfer window yet and we know what has happened in the last 4 or 5 of them.

Vlad the mad tw@t is going to have to do some serious remedial work to our club before this particular " not a real hearts fan" returns and spends his hard earned.

I for one will not be rushing back anytime soon.

Guest Fabuloso
We have won 5 on the bounce and things on the playing front are indeed looking better at this moment in time.

Vlad has spent the last 30 months making a complete @arsehole of running our club.

So LD is suggesting that after a possible swing in the right direction of 6.667% time wise, all Hearts fans should beat the doors down at Tynecastle to buy season tickets or start going to games.

We haven't even hit the transfer window yet and we know what has happened in the last 4 or 5 of them.

Vlad the mad tw@t is going to have to do some serious remedial work to our club before this particular " not a real hearts fan" returns and spends his hard earned.

I'm with you on that one as are many others. There are however some fans who will come back a lot quicker. Supporting a team isn't always a logical decision and fans will often let their Hearts rule their heads - which is absolutely fine. VR obviously recognises this and plays on it in my opinion.

Francis Albert

It is true that when we were 8th two months ago JKB had lots of stuff about the "committee" and interference from Vlad. What exactly has changed since then?

Guest Fabuloso
It is true that when we were 8th two months ago JKB had lots of stuff about the "committee" and interference from Vlad. What exactly has changed since then?

Five wins quite simply. A team doing well goes a long way to appeasing fans woes. That's why I'm taking a longer term view. Some don't want to and that's their choice. I just hope the upturn in fortunes is a result of non interference from up above. Time will tell.

Francis Albert

Interesting formula for supporting a football team. In over forty years I have seen Vlad and previous Hearts owners make a complete arsehole of running the club and performance in the transfer market has mostly been at least as poor as during the last 4 or 5 windows. So on this formula of required percentage of time required before restitution, I would be long dead before I made it back to Tynecastle.

Which would be a pity because I really enjoyed Saturday.

I thought it had been established that Vlad's fax machine had been emptied ?

IIRC, Csaba said categorically that he, alone, decided who plays but sometimes had to justify some of his selections- which is fair enough.

I guess the real question is - will Vlad keep his nose out in the longer term ? Sadly that means waiting for the longer term to find out :sad:

Guest Fabuloso
Interesting formula for supporting a football team. In over forty years I have seen Vlad and previous Hearts owners make a complete arsehole of running the club and performance in the transfer market has mostly been at least as poor as during the last 4 or 5 windows. So on this formula of required percentage of time required before restitution, I would be long dead before I made it back to Tynecastle.

Which would be a pity because I really enjoyed Saturday.

You're missing the point. It's not about the performances, it's the reasons behind them. Never did Robinson or Mercer interfere in the way VR does on the playing front.

Guest JamboRobbo

Csaba coming out at a meeting a couple of nights ago, and assuring fans that there has been no interference from Vlad?

Francis Albert
Csaba coming out at a meeting a couple of nights ago, and assuring fans that there has been no interference from Vlad?

Stevie Frail said the same in June or July.

Guest JamboRobbo
Stevie Frail said the same in June or July.

oh well, lets not believe Csaba then.

Frail's credibility was already at zero by the time he said what he said.

Archived