Motherwell - On or Off ??

RICHARD THE LION HEART

RICHARD THE LION HEART

With the forecast for Snow, Sleet etc. and the general state of the Motherwell pitch over the last few years...what`s the odd`s for the game to be postponed......EVENS??

With the forecast for Snow, Sleet etc. and the general state of the Motherwell pitch over the last few years...what`s the odd`s for the game to be postponed......EVENS??

i would say nearer 5/4. chalk up 11/10 on the boards.

Guest juvehearts

Whats the bet that every game north of dundee is prosoned?

i can see most SFL games being called off

EDIT Winter shtudown anyone EDIT

LOL was thinking about that on the way home tonight, i would say 2/1 on that the game will be postponed.

We always seem to play them in december and it always seems to get postponed

They don't have undersoil heating so its odds on to be postponed if there is a frost.

Happens every time with them. I thought undersoil heating was mandatory for SPL clubs?

They don't have undersoil heating so its odds on to be postponed if there is a frost.

Happens every time with them. I thought undersoil heating was mandatory for SPL clubs?

You sure? I thought I had read somewhere that they had undersoil heating installed now.

They do have undersoil heating, it's just that the drainage is so bad that when the heating melts the ice and snow it waterlogs the pitch.

chester copperpot
You sure? I thought I had read somewhere that they had undersoil heating installed now.

I was sure of this too. Did they not get pressed to get it sorted a few years back.

Might be wrong though.

I was sure of this too. Did they not get pressed to get it sorted a few years back.

Might be wrong though.

I'm pretty sure they used the money they raised from renting their ground out to Gretna to install proper under soil heating. I'm sure they got their pitch completely re-laid in the summer as well to counter the drainage problems.

chester copperpot
They do have undersoil heating, it's just that the drainage is so bad that when the heating melts the ice and snow it waterlogs the pitch.

Good point actually.

One of their games was PP because the undersoil heating 'broke down' :rolleyes:

I'm sure they were going through a bad patch at the time, perhaps with injuries piling up, and it looked to me like Butcher pulled a fast one to buy some breathing space :eek:

Problem would be for how long?

we could have adverse weather from November until around March.

Weather is to unpredictable to consider, imo of course.

Forever Maroon

Motherwell fan at my work say's that they don't switch it on - too expensive!

The Real Maroonblood

Motherwell have a shocking record re-postponements.

How they get away with it is a disgrace.

A thaw in the weather is predicted for Friday and Saturday so we'll see just how good the drainage is now on their newly laid pitch!!

Motherwell are struggling just now. It may suit them for the game to be postponed.

Would McGhee fancy watching the six in a row game? Doubt it.

think the game will go a head as for a winter shut done nochnace its bad enough having tospend time with her during the summer months

From what I have gathered re weather conditions it will only be games north of dundee that will be on :)

Motherwell are struggling just now. It may suit them for the game to be postponed.

Would McGhee fancy watching the six in a row game? Doubt it.

It would explain why it's 'ticket only'

They can call off the game but the money is already in the bank.

I'm about 8 miles from motherwell and as it stands just now i'd be surprised if the game is off. Snow nearly all gone and it would take another lot of heavy snow to put the game in danger. Having said all that it is fir park.....

Archived