Warning re Setanta...

hmfcalum

Just a warning to everyone re Setanta and their collection of direct debits from your bank account...

I have Setanta Sports with the multi-room add-on... The main package costs ?12.99 per month, with the multi-room an additional ?2.99.

I've just noticed that for the past 4 months they've been taking ?12.99 instead of ?2.99, which meant they'd pocketed an extra ?40...!!

Was obviously less than chuffed & rang them to complain... they agreed they'd taken more than they should have & offered me 3 months at ?6.50 as way of compensation. When I pointed out that this was way short of what they'd actually taken she then said I'd have to send a bank statement showing the figures to another department & only then would I get a refund...

I then drew her attention the the Direct Debit Guarantee (full and immediate refund, etc) and only then did she finally agreed to refund the amount in full without the bank statement, etc...

So... the moral of the story is keep an eye on the amounts Setanta take from your bank account...

PS... if you use the website http://www.saynoto0870.com it gives you alternative numbers for most premium number businesses, including Setanta...

Daydream Believer

That is an absolute disgrace. Setanta are rubish at customer service.

Incidentally, anyone can call them and tell them they want to cancell and imediatelly get offered 3 months at ?6.50 so they weren't really giving anything away.

west lothian loyal

Setanta are a shower of A. holes.

When my dad died sudenly at the end of August this year we phoned to cancel his subscription as my mum had no need for setanta but they said that because the subscription was in my mums name they required 2 months notice.

I said id pay it with switch there and then to be told i had to put it in writing and send a copy of death certificate.

After vocally telling them to do one they continued to go down the party line, after threatening to bad mouth them in the papers they relented allowing us to pay as we had tried about a week earlier and a dozen phone calls ago.

Shower of shecht.

Rant over

H.M.F.C FOREVER

Agreed. I had setanta on freeview once apon a time. Trying to cancel my subscription was an effing nightmare. Money grabbing ****bags.

best thing about bt vision - bt handle the subscription, not setanta (who were getting ripped to bits on Watchdog last night)... that and it's free with the basic telly pack....

They are terrible. I had Setanta for a season then decided to cancel. Phoned them up and a guy tells me that he cannot cancel it and he?ll put me through to someone who can. Ten minutes later I am still on hold!!! I hung up and sent an email telling them to call me about my wish to cancel. No response. So I just cancelled the direct debit myself. I got a couple of bills after that but when I sent another email telling them that I?d wanted to cancel but nobody had taken the call they gave up.

john brownlee

I've just checked my bank statement and noticed they are chargeing me that,

will phone in the morning and find out why.

Get Virgin TV... you get all the Sky Brucies bonus channels back and ****anta if you fancy watching the OF away and random boxing matches.

Best way to cancel Setanta is to just cancel the direct debit. There's no way they'll spend any prolonged period of time going after you for ?20-25. Problem is I tried to sign up again about a year later and couldn't cos I hadn't cancelled it properly.

Sky done something similar thing to me i hav sky pachage that cost ?22and b/band which should be ?39 quid for both.they were going to charge me 64 which is package with sports and movies.

Archived