Andy Driver

coach

Just heard hes maybe getting a call up to the England under21 squad.

In my opinion, him and McGeady are the 2 best young players in the SPL.

An outstanding talent, and well done hearts getting him when he was 11, developing him.

What is his state of play re : Contract

has he signed a new one of late ?

Thoughts.

McGeady's a ****ing overrated tink.

Fairy.

Forgetting his personal life.

a fantastic player

scored at international and champions league level.

Malcolm Tucker

a fantastic player

Kirk Broadfoot has scored at international level and played in a major European final.... Does that make him fantastic?

McGeady's good, but wildly over-rated.

a fantastic player

So has Miko.

Nuff said.

Driver deserves a call up, but still obviously room for improvement. Would be a great boost for his confidence (and his value to us).

As for McGeady...vastly overrated. Good player at SPL level, but that is mainly due to him being given far too much time and space because players are scared of his 'reputation' as a wonder player. The acid test is watching him in Champions League football, where he is either completely anonymous or getting taught a lesson off the defender he is up against.

Driver is a cracking SPL player but not good enough for England U21's IMO. Pearce would not be doing his job if he did not have a look at him.

MackaysCentreSpot

An outstanding talent, and well done hearts getting him when he was 11, developing him.

Thoughts.

Already being discussed here.

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=36587

I have to admit I would question Driver's ability re a call up.

Is he anywhere near Adam Johnson, Ashley Young , Aaron Lennon, Michael Kightly, Fabian Delph,Adam Lallana, Lee Cattermole, Huddlestone, Michael Johnson,Mark Noble ?? or others who might step up from other levels

Whilst I think he might be near a few, you need to consider the fact the likes of Young who were on the fringes of the first team will probably revert to the u21's for a tournament, rather than sit on the bench for the first team.

As talented as Driver is, and as good a career, as he will have, short of finding a scottish/welsh/irish granny, I dont think he will become an international at any level.

I have to admit I would question Driver's ability re a call up.

Is he anywhere near Adam Johnson, Ashley Young , Aaron Lennon, Michael Kightly, Fabian Delph,Adam Lallana, Lee Cattermole, Huddlestone, Michael Johnson,Mark Noble ?? or others who might step up from other levels

Whilst I think he might be near a few, you need to consider the fact the likes of Young who were on the fringes of the first team will probably revert to the u21's for a tournament, rather than sit on the bench for the first team.

As talented as Driver is, and as good a career, as he will have, short of finding a scottish/welsh/irish granny, I dont think he will become an international at any level.

Well that's it then for Andy, the voice of reason has spoken from 'his cave'. Go and get a life son, as you certainly have not got one at the moment, you are most negative young human being, I have ever had the misfortune to have come across on Kickback or probably on any site. :sad:

Well that's it then for Andy, the voice of reason has spoken from 'his cave'. Go and get a life son, as you certainly have not got one at the moment, you are most negative young human being, I have ever had the misfortune to have come across on Kickback or probably on any site. :sad:

He's just being realistic... is he not allowed an opinion or do you really believe that Driver is going to become an England international, if thats the case then Im afraid your an idiot.

Twice the player Driver is and thats being kind.

Twice, steady on he's an overrated tink!

I didn't think driver did anything to help his cause against rangers with stewart pearce watching. He just didn't look confident enough when he got the chance to take players on up that left wing. More often than not nothing came of his runs. I seen Csaba shouting at him wich is a good thing as far as us having a good manager is concerned.

I was desperate for him to obliterate the rangers defence and have a man of the man of the match performance after that cracking goal against falkirk.

rudi must stay

Thoughts.

he signed a new contract in the summer, think it was for 5 years. good for him, totally deserves his chance imo and well done to Pearce he could easily have avoided the SPL as it's not a great league

51 Shirts -Moments in Time

Good luck to Andy. Even for a representative to visit from England is a major achievement. Hopefully he is called up to the squad. It will boost his confidence and that can only be good for Hearts.

JJ

You know, it's talking players up that got Hibs 4 million for Brown, 2 million for Whittaker and Thomson and is seeing Fletcher touted as a 4/5 million pound player.

We should try it sometime.

rudi must stay
You know, it's talking players up that got Hibs 4 million for Brown, 2 million for Whittaker and Thomson and is seeing Fletcher touted as a 4/5 million pound player.

We should try it sometime.

we got all that money combined selling Gordon

PresidentRomanov

Driver will need to learn how to take a man on before he can think about playing for England.

He's had about two good games all season.

we got all that money combined selling Gordon

Exactly. And it took the most naturally gifted Scottish player in decades for KB to get complimentary :)

alwaysthereinspirit
McGeadys the most over-rated Celtic player sinse Paul McStay.

Lies, lies and more lies.;)

McGeady couldn't lace the boots of Paul "World class" McStay when it comes to being slightly overated. The number of big teams watching McStay in his prime was.............What's a polite way of saying ZERO.:P

another positive news story - posted the following on the other thread and repeating myself here....

the boy has done good... i would prefer to read "SFA step up in the hunt to have Andy Driver commit to Scotland"

Scotland are missing a chance here - the rules are there to be manipulated, he's lived here long enough, he's not played for England, he's played for Scottish Schoolboys and he is good enough for Scotland's international setup.

51 Shirts -Moments in Time
Driver will need to learn how to take a man on before he can think about playing for England.

He's had about two good games all season.

I dont think it is a coincidence that Hearts good run has coincided with Andy Drivers return to the 1st team.

I for one am just pleased that a Hearts players is being mentioned to be called up for an England u21 cap.

JJ

Archived