Whats the chances of us losing both games?

jamaz

I have just been offered a bet ffrom a Hibs fan in my work.

?50 per game....have to take that surely?

Am i being a little bit cautious, after all we are in the midst of economic turmoil and if we lost i would have to pay out right after christmas and new year???

They couldnt possibly turn us over twice could they?

Surely we would HAVE to win one of the games?

what says you all?

Very brave man to bet on any derby matches. But it will great to win both games and take 50 of a Hibee.

Am i being a little bit cautious, after all we are in the midst of economic turmoil and if we lost i would have to pay out right after christmas and new year???

what says you all?

Take the bet.

right i'm a bit thick when it comes to all of this betting malarky, but i could lose ?100 if we lost both games

we would surely have to win at home which cancels it out.....My mrs would kill me if i lost ?100......:eek:

right i'm a bit thick when it comes to all of this betting malarky, but i could lose ?100 if we lost both games

we would surely have to win at home which cancels it out.....My mrs would kill me if i lost ?100......:eek:

Don't take the bet. If (and when) we win both then it will be worth its weight in gold - no need for an extra ?100. If we lose, unlikely though it may be, why rub salt into the wound? You don't need to bet on the two games to add spice to them - there's already more spice in there than a very hot Christmas curry. ;)

Remnants of Standards

what says you all?

DO THEY NEVER EVER LEARN?

Charlie-Brown

There are only 5 possible permutations....assuming the cup game isn't drawn & thus replayed

1) Hearts win both games

2) Hibs win both games

3) They both win 1 each

4) Hearts draw 1 & win 1

5) Hearts draw 1 & lose 1

If he's so confident Hibs will win them both ask him for the draw in both, or settle on you get the draw in the league game and he gets the draw in the cup. I'd be happy with that. The league game is more likely to be a draw than the cup game.

Victor Meldrew

statistically, it's extremely unlikely that we'll lose 2 derbies in a row: I can't remember when that last happened. It must be back at the turn of the Century.

No matter how badly we are doing in the league, I never fail to be optimistic about derby matches: I've seen us pump them so many times, it's almost boring. ALMOST.... but not quite :)

what says you all?

Fill your boots, you will never get an easier chance of winning 100 sovs.

Say What Again
statistically, it's extremely unlikely that we'll lose 2 derbies in a row: I can't remember when that last happened. It must be back at the turn of the Century.

Indeed it was.

They beat us 3-0 at Tynie Dec 1999, then beat us 3-1 at ER (Darren Jackson) March 2000.

Incidentally, they won 1 and we drew 2 of the 3 games previous to those above. Hearts won the game immediately after those above, then Hibs went another 6 games unbeaten against us.

We only won 1 of the 12 games between January '98 and December '01 :sad:

Don't take the bet with the hibee. Whack ?50 on for Hearts to win at Tynie at the BOOKIES. You'll get around evens at worst anyway. Then when that comes in whack the total winnings on Hearts to win at the San Giro and you might get 2/1. Worst case you lose your winnings to the bookies but in hindsight it's only cost you ?50 and you haven't had to hand it over to a tramp :)

Don't take the bet. If (and when) we win both then it will be worth its weight in gold - no need for an extra ?100. If we lose, unlikely though it may be, why rub salt into the wound? You don't need to bet on the two games to add spice to them - there's already more spice in there than a very hot Christmas curry. ;)

I done something similar but in reverse - I put a bet on hibs to beat killy in the league cup final as a sort of compensation should they win , i was really hoping to lose my wedge:sad:

Yea, apart from that disgusting match we lost last season at tynie to Brian Kerr's goal we always seem to overwhelm the wee team at Tynie :)

sorry guys had a rush of blood to the head when i spoke with him last night, bet is now on....couldn't handle the over confidence.

Where do they get it from, granted i have only been a hearts supporter for a relatively short period of time....but they are sheeite. better watch or i'll be doubling up

come on cannort wait now!?

There's no chance on earth the hobos will win home and away! We bossed them at their patch last time round and we have improved since then, they haven't.

Archived