Riccarton

speedbump

What's the point of having indoor facilities if we are not gonna use them.

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1475517,00.html

Hearts players trained at Tynecastle today given the inclement weather in Edinburgh.

With Csaba Laszlo preferring to remain outside the squad switched their 90 minute session to the soft turf at Tynecastle where they were put through an intensive session under the guidance of the manager, assistant Werner Berger and fitness coach Tom Ritchie.

Most likely they have been indoors all week and require a full size pitch to test Saturday's lineup.

I thought it was a full sized indoor pitch?

if you play all week in the warm indoors, you wouldn't be prepared physically when you did play out in the cold.

Seriously pointless thread.

You should train in the same manner as you would play in.

Or something like that......it was something an old coach of mine used to say.

Anway to sumarise....training outside is better for adapting to the possible conditions that they might be met with come Saturday in Motherwell.

if you play all week in the warm indoors, you wouldn't be prepared physically when you did play out in the cold.

Pointless? I was enquiring as to why we weren't using the facilities we have at our disposial. Thanks for clearing it up.

Pointless thread starter of Edinburgh.

By that token, we should be preparing for Saturday's match by training in Leith - surrounded by an industrial wasteland full of the unemployed and the unemployable.

GC

I think it is most likely due to it 1) not recreating realistic match conditions and 2)increasing the risk of injuries.

the indoor pitch at riccarton is pretty heavy.

By that token, we should be preparing for Saturday's match by training in Leith - surrounded by an industrial wasteland full of the unemployed and the unemployable.

GC

Bad day at Chambers GC?

Goodmorningmrfisherman

Maybe some else had booked the indoor part of the academy.

Sometimes used by hockey,uni and some rugby mob.

Hearts don't have exclusive rights on facillaties.

What's the point of having indoor facilities if we are not gonna use them.

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1475517,00.html

Get your drift ....... I too need reminding why we have a full size "all weather" outdoor pitch at the Academy????

Csaba likes to scuff up the match day surface instead???

It is.

It is not. Its far from it, but it does have full size goals.

And as someone else mentioned, Hearts don't have full time access to it, they have preferential slots, which are shared with the rest of the Uni.

Does that mean that all gloves , hats, overtops , trackys etc are not used in training;)

GC

did you get dvd ok

Ive played on the indoor pitch a few times. Its not the best surface. Better to get them out on grass at Tynecastle when they can, as tommorrow they maybe forced to be indoors.

WTF is it with some folk?

The squad decide to train at the stadium so that means bills haven't been settled.

I'll admit that we're probably not cash rich, but the club and Riccarton go back years, and a delayed payment isn't going to scupper any long-term agreement.

WTF is it with some folk?

The squad decide to train at the stadium so that means bills haven't been settled.

I'll admit that we're probably not cash rich, but the club and Riccarton go back years, and a delayed payment isn't going to scupper any long-term agreement.

You would like to think so, but I have a nasty feeling about this one!!!

keep hearts beating
It is not. Its far from it, but it does have full size goals.

And as someone else mentioned, Hearts don't have full time access to it, they have preferential slots, which are shared with the rest of the Uni.

I train in the indoor pitch and its definately full size with proper astro-grass.

I train in the indoor pitch and its definately full size with proper astro-grass.

it's 100% definately 60m by 40m.

similar turf to the world of soccer at the corn exchange if anyone has played there. is okay, but a bit sticky. grass is miles better

It's a fair question. If Csaba's right (and the indoor arena was build specifically for Heart of Midlothian) then what's it there for? Of course both these things are questionnable but it's allowed to be brought up.

chester copperpot

The good news is that there's only one very small indoor all weather pitch in Celtic's training ground, which might please some people on here.

Its 7 aside at best. Thats it.

I work at Heriot-Watt and here's a few points about the indoor facilities at Riccarton.

• The pitch is 60 x 40 metres
  • It does get used by all the Hearts Squads at different times
  • It has 2 sets of Futsal goals if you play accross the pitch (30x40m) or 1 set of full size goals if you play the full 60x40m
  • The surface is much better and safer than "old style" astroturf, but studs can catch on the surface from time to time.
  • Hearts have booking priorities.
  • I play twice a week at 12.30 and it's not uncommon to have the players still on your pitch when you turn up. (A few moans and grunts from non-hearts fans in our group usually moves them on)
  • Bruno practises free-kicks in there as there is all the training equipment there (things like a fake wall, and hoop targets that they hang from the frame of the goal
  • Golden child Branny was limping off on a physios shoulder on Tuesday. The reserves (w/Angel) were playing on other futsal pitch (Mikey S was training with them)

It is.

No - it's quite big but not full pitch size. My laddie goes there every Sat - it too square for starters.

Fantastic set up though.

Guest JamboRobbo

anyone who has seen it or played there and thinks it's full size - well either their eyesight is bad or they don't know much about football.

the pitch ain't full size. Surface ain't bad, but not brilliant either. I'm sure a day on the grass at Tynie did them good.

The Hibees are saying we were training at Tynie as we got locked out of Riccarton for not paying our bills!!!

You've got to love their imagination, **** losers!!!

:107years:

anyone who has seen it or played there and thinks it's full size - well either their eyesight is bad or they don't know much about football.

the pitch ain't full size. Surface ain't bad, but not brilliant either. I'm sure a day on the grass at Tynie did them good.

Spot on there...the pitch is not full size. We attempted an 11 a-side match with my work & it was far too crowded, I'd say even 10 a-side was too much for the size of the pitch.

Decent surface too, much better than the surface at World of Football

I work at Heriot-Watt and here's a few points about the indoor facilities at Riccarton.

• The pitch is 60 x 40 metres
  • It does get used by all the Hearts Squads at different times
  • It has 2 sets of Futsal goals if you play accross the pitch (30x40m) or 1 set of full size goals if you play the full 60x40m
  • The surface is much better and safer than "old style" astroturf, but studs can catch on the surface from time to time.
  • Hearts have booking priorities.
  • I play twice a week at 12.30 and it's not uncommon to have the players still on your pitch when you turn up. (A few moans and grunts from non-hearts fans in our group usually moves them on)
  • Bruno practises free-kicks in there as there is all the training equipment there (things like a fake wall, and hoop targets that they hang from the frame of the goal
  • Golden child Branny was limping off on a physios shoulder on Tuesday. The reserves (w/Angel) were playing on other futsal pitch (Mikey S was training with them)

Are the players there today?

Sexton Hardcastle

Makes sense. Get used to playing on a soft heavy surface rather than fanying about on some sort of astro.

Nucky Thompson
Where are the team training today, If it is a Riccarton then the hobos nonsense can surely be dispelled.
Did you seriously give it any credibility to start with:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Did you seriously give it any credibility to start with:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Given the fact that players remain unpaid, Bonuses are being withheld until next year, Arbroath are still awaiting their money and now one of our players agents has gone to the SFA about money we owe him then in all honesty i wouldn't be entirely surprised if there was something in it.

Nucky Thompson
Given the fact that players remain unpaid, Bonuses are being withheld until next year, Arbroath are still awaiting their money and now one of our players agents has gone to the SFA about money we owe him then in all honesty i wouldn't be entirely surprised if there was something in it.
I'm pretty sure it would have been one of the top 'Evening News understands' stories:) Nothing you read about Hearts on pegsellers.net ever happens. Don't you know we've been going into administration every week for over a year now:rolleyes:

To read some of the posts on this thread, you'd think that the players might forget what playing in the cold and on grass feels like if they had to train elsewhere for a week. Getting them back after pre season must be a nightmare. "So...er what you're saying is that I kick this round thing? But how come I can't pick it up?"

I'm pretty sure it would have been one of the top 'Evening News understands' stories:) Nothing you read about Hearts on pegsellers.net ever happens. Don't you know we've been going into administration every week for over a year now:rolleyes:

Fair enough in that it was a hobo the showed me the stuff on pegsellers.net but the rest of it all came from this on the bbc. That was the stuff i was more concerned about.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/7764721.stm

Archived