Casillas rejects ?129m move to Man City

Jamboy81

It's silly season obviously :eek:

BBC

Real Madrid goalkeeper Iker Casillas has rejected a move to Manchester City. The Premier League big spenders tabled a world record ?129m bid. (Private Spanish radio station Cadena Ser)

Vlad is probably hawking Miko to Man City as we speak.....;)

They did pay ?18m for that Jo so there's a chance.

Vlad is probably hawking Miko to Man City as we speak.....;)

Probably hawking the whole team to them. He'll see this story and like in the cartoons the $ signs will be appearing in his eyes.

loveofthegame

I don't care who you are, ?129M is madness. Why offer more than twice the guys value, when you could get a goalie as good (or certainly not far off it) for ?20M-?30M?!

Crazy.

badly drawn boy

Thats just ludicrous , i don't even think City need a keeper

Joe Hart has looked good and has not done a lot wrong

If this is a sign of things to come , then most of the team will be emptied

?129,000,000!!!:eek:

You could buy a Premiership CLUB with that!!!

No goalkeeper is worth anything over ?40M.

Exactly.

Pick up West Ham for ?50M and you get Rob Green as part of the deal.

Joe Hart's a fantastic keeper anyway.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

What a load of complete nonsense.

Its a centrehalf that Man City need.

An upcoming International would be a better bet.

About 30m should prize him away ;)

Can't really understand it tbh! Casillas (unusually for a keeper) seems to have hit his peak at a very young age, don't think he has really improved anything in his game since 2002/2003! Didn't even make the top 10 in last years world Goalkeeper of the year award!

If I was Man City I would bring in an experienced keeper to take the pressure off Joe Hart and allow him to mature a little more over the next couple of seasons, personally I'd go for Rog?rio Ceni (35), if nothing else he could teach Jo how to take a free kick! He has scored 83 goals in 831 appearances - from 36 penalties and 47 free kicks!!!

instead of lining the pockets of rich foreign clubs they could actually give something back to the economy and their supporters.

they should bid 65 million instead, and give all their season ticket holders their seats free for a year.

King of the North

If that's true - if - then the world has gone mad.

Heard on the radio this morning that Citeh are also after Kaka, Messi, Ronaldo, Torres - nothing new really, but was apparently in this mornings Independent.

And of course, Hibernian's Steven Fletcher, or so the hobos keep telling us. Apparently he is the final piece in the jigsaw...

If that's true - if - then the world has gone mad.

Heard on the radio this morning that Citeh are also after Kaka, Messi, Ronaldo, Torres - nothing new really, but was apparently in this mornings Independent.

And of course, Hibernian's Steven Fletcher, or so the hobos keep telling us. Apparently he is the final piece in the jigsaw...

Man city have suposinley got a list that mark haughs and the new owners have drawn up of the players they want.. Cant remember all the players on it, but they were also had Fabergas, Eto, Xavi, and I think joe cole was on it aswell, cant remeber..

Man City are going to go crazy in the january transfer window, theve got the money to spend and im sure they will get a few big players especially with the money they will be offering for wages..

I doubt its ?129mn fee

Probably ?129mn deal including a long term contract

Fek me that's alright then!! :eek:

The Football world has gone absolutely F****** Mental!!

instead of lining the pockets of rich foreign clubs they could actually give something back to the economy and their supporters.

they should bid 65 million instead, and give all their season ticket holders their seats free for a year.

Exactly. What a great idea. That would buy 99.9% of all known goalkeepers, keep 50000 Mancunians well happy and severely **** off the red half of the city.

Football is going down the pan :(

You never know, Casillas might just spark a new way of thinking amongst the top players and save football! If other high profile players follow suit and turn down city in january regardless of the monies involved, then maybe and just maybe the likes of city's owners will realise that short term money cannot buy long term success at the highest level!

this might have something to do with the players release fee clause. All players in spain have to have them and casillas's will probably be about that, seeing as raul's was 120 million a few years ago.

Mac_fae_Gillie

surprised MC just don't buy the Real Madrid team...

Football has gone crazy he aint worth the money as he will never be sold on at anywhere near that price,most overpriced players at least keep 60-75% of thier value for resale.

Wouldn't mind putting a FIVER on ManCity winning the prem next year clearly they will have a team not worth thier money.

I sometimes used to go down to watch City at Maine Road in the 90s when they were at best, average.

Rosler and Kinkladze were the attractions back then. It all seems to strange what they're about to do. Scary, in fact.

Buffalo Bill

I sometimes used to go down to watch City at Maine Road in the 90s when they were at best, average.

Rosler and Kinkladze were the attractions back then. It all seems to strange what they're about to do. Scary, in fact.

Buffalo Bill

There's a certain irony in the above given your English team, BB!

?129,000,000!!!:eek:

You could buy a Premiership CLUB with that!!!

No goalkeeper is worth anything over ?40M.

Except Craig Gordon....:P

Archived