Motherwell - undersoil heating?

Gambo

Do Motherwell have undersoil heating?

I might be wrong but as well as another team (Gretna) playing on the park, was there not also a problem of them not having undersoil heating which contributed to there pitch problems last season?

They do, the gretna money was used for it if I recall.

As for SPL rules, it states there must be suitable pitch protection in place, although unwritten undersoil heating is seen as the minimum.

MackaysCentreSpot
thought it was an SPL requirement?

It is but Motherwell got away with not having it.......I do not know why.

I might be wrong but as well as another team (Gretna) playing on the park, was there not also a problem of them not having undersoil heating which contributed to there pitch problems last season?

Yes, they do.

It was problems with their undersoil heating that caused them to shut Fir Park for a while last season.

Commander Harris
If you are interested you can have a look at the SPL Membership Criteria 2009/10 here.

http://www.scotprem.com/content/default.asp?page=s44

cheers.

"...have adequate winter pitch protection as specified in the Rules. Where the Stadia Handbook and the Rules are in conflict then the Rules take precedence. Adequate winter pitch protection means under pitch or underground heated types as specified in Rule H6.6"

Maybe I'm thinking of another club but I'm sure someone got in trouble for simply not using their undersoil heating last season...presumably because it costs a fair whack to switch it on....was that Motherwell?

Dunno about undersoil heating but they'll be some underpants soiling after we've finished on Saturday........:rolleyes:

Maybe I'm thinking of another club but I'm sure someone got in trouble for simply not using their undersoil heating last season...presumably because it costs a fair whack to switch it on....was that Motherwell?

It was Livingston, Red.

They dont even have indoor plumbing in that rat hole, surely outdoor plumbing is also outwith their reach.

I think they would get away with not having it because they have been in the SPL for longer than the criteria has been around.

Ah right...that figures...

Pearse Flynn admitted at the time they would have lost money if the game went ahead, so they didn't bother switching the undersoil heating on.

Guest juvehearts

The undersoil Heating rule is a joke.

infact playing winter football in scotland is frankly unbelieveiable & a joke, considering were only 000's miles away from the artic circle ffs!

Typical Smith eh, we will shutdown for the winter in my tenor at the SFA, but wait the OF don't want to.

Archived